Photo

Enemy of the Month #4: Explosion Theme

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Enemy of the Month #4: Explosion Theme (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Best Overall Enemy

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Most Useful Enemy

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Most Creative Enemy

Most Entertaining Enemy

Vote

#1 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 06 February 2024 - 11:09 PM

Welcome to Enemy of the Month IV: A New Hope! ...Welp, there goes that joke for a potential space theme. Anyways, this month we exploded off the new year just like the death star: explosively.

Please look through the enemies and vote honestly and fairly. Submit your votes for whichever entry you felt deserved it.

• Best Overall Enemy: The best overall enemy this month.
  • Most Useful Enemy: The most useful enemy this month that everyone can/could use in their quest.
  • Most Creative Enemy: The most creative enemy designed this month.
  • Most Entertaining Enemy: The most entertaining enemy designed this month.

YouTube Video
To watch all these enemies in action without downloading any of the enemies, view the video below!:

All Enemies Download Link
Why download the enemies individually when you can get them all in one single blast? Click below for the whole set!
https://www.mediafir...nemies.zip/file

The Enemies
Drumroll please! Our contestants are as follows!

Boombot - Moosh

Three of a Kind - Moosh

• Enemy Name: Three of a Kind
  • Description: This technically counts as an explosion enemy if they explode when they die, right?
  • Version of ZQuest: 2.55 nightly 2024-01-17
  • Quest File: https://www.mediafir...fAKind.zip/file

Screaming Grub - Lejes

• Enemy Name: Screaming Grub
  • Description: They writhe. They scream. They pop up where you least expect them.
  • Version of ZQuest: 2.55, 1-31-2024 Nightly
  • Quest File: https://www.mediafir...g_grub.zip/file

Special thanks to Ether for getting on my case about this, thanks to both Moosh and Lejes for entering, and thank you for voting!

• Anthus likes this

#2 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 07 February 2024 - 02:40 AM

All credit to Momodora: Moonlit Farewell for the enemy idea. You can tell what I was playing a lot of last month.

I love the Boombot. The concept works really well with difficulty scaling/higher tier variants. And the firework effect on the Three of a Kind is really cute.

• Anthus likes this

#3 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 07 February 2024 - 07:09 PM

Haven't played Moonlit Farewell so I didn't notice the reference with the screaming grub. It's a cool enemy. Hopefully the actual game doesn't do anything like that last example screen.  :worried:

Fun fact about the Three of a Kind: The fireworks explosion pattern actually reads from a tile, so it's not just limited to the card faces from the original enemy. You could edit the tiles to make your own explosion patterns.

• Anthus likes this

#4 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 February 2024 - 01:32 PM

Really good showing.  

I thought the Boombot was very useful and can see that being used in game very well.  

Screaming Grub was pretty creative and was pretty funny.  Not bad.

Three of a Kind highlight was definitely the fireworks.  I absolutely love the firework design. lol!

• Deedee likes this

#5 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 15 February 2024 - 02:04 PM

I loved the bomb bot. I can already imagine some creative ways of using this enemy. 

The three of a kind shooting firework in the suit shape was really creative. It brings new life in an old enemy.

The Screaming Grub would be fun to put in some troll situations. I love how you can hide the smaller ones in tall grass combos. 

#6 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 12 March 2024 - 01:56 PM

Recurring pattern of me closing these late; guess my schedule is a bit blown up hahahaha

Best Overall: Boombot - Moosh
Most Useful: Boombot - Moosh
Most Creative: Three of a Kind - Moosh
Most Entertaining: Three of a Kind - Moosh

Thank you all for entering!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users