NJF's Special Series 03: Holiday Season 2014

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#61 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:42 PM

NJF Plays The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (08 - The Fire Temple)

(Duration 48:25)

Description:

Not long after entering the Fire Temple, Link meets his old friend, Darunia. 

Darunia, glad to see Link asks Link to help him save his Goron race while he himself takes care of the Dragon. Darunia expresses worry because he does not have the Megaton Hammer, the legendary hammer that was used to seal Volvagia one time before. Link goes on a quest through the dungeon to find and save all the Gorons, while also finding the Megaton Hammer. Link eventually faces Volvagia after saving all the Gorons. Link defeats Volvagia. Link speaks to Darunia, who's now become a sage. Darunia is surprised how somebody as wild as him could be a great sage of Hyrule. He gives Link the Fire Medallion. 

Highlights:

• Met an old friend, Darunia.
  • Defeats Fire Dancer.
  • Finds Megaton Hammer.
  • Saves all the Gorons. 
  • Defeats Volvagia. 
  • Darunia becomes a sage.
  • Receives the Fire Medallion. 

#62 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:42 PM

NJF Plays The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (09 - Frozen Zora's Domain & The Ice Cavern)

(Duration 1:04:11)

Description:

After obtaining a Full Magic Bar from the Great Fairy inside Death Mountain Crater. Link gets side-tracked and goes on a hunt for Gold Skulltula in Dodongo's Cavern. Back in Karkariko Village, Link recieves the Pocket Cucco and the Giant's Wallet. After hunting a few Big Poes in Hyrule Field, Link trades his happy Pocket Cucco for Cojiro the silent Blue Cucco and then heads up Zora's River to Zora's Domain, which is currently completely frozen by a curse. Link discovers the Ice Cavern, after reaching it's depths and finding the Iron Boots, Link learns the shocking truth from Shiek that all the Zoras are frozen under the ice. Shiek was able to save the Zora Princess who immediately headed for the Water Temple to try and break the Curse. Link uses some mysterious Blue Flame inside Ice Cavern to free the King which is currently trapped inside Red Ice. 

Highlights:

• Obtains Full Magic Bar. 
  • Hunts for Gold Skulltula. 
  • Starts trading Sequence. 
  • Obtains Giant's Wallet. 
  • Caught 2 more Big Poes. 
  • Trades a Happy Pocket Cucco for Cojiro.
  • Obtains Iron Boots.
  • Frees Zora King and recieves Blue Tunic. 

#63 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:30 PM

NJF Plays The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (10 - Backtracking & Side Quests)

(Duration 44:16)

Description:

Before handling the Zora crises, Link takes a water passage to the forest to tie up some loose ends. He brings Cojiro back to its owner and gets an Odd Mushroom in return to take it to the old hag. The Old Hag gives him gives Link an Odd Potion to give to the man in the forest, however, the man in the forest got lost and became a Stalfos. A Kokiri kid demanded that Link give her the odd potion. In return, Link got the Poacher's Saw, which he brought to it's owner and recieved the Broken Biggoron's Sword. Link brought the broken sword to Biggoron, however he was unable to fix the sword because his eyes were irritated. He gave Link a prescription for Eye Drops. Link decided he would get the eye drops another time and went back in time again to tie up more loose ends. He bought the rest of the magic beans that are available until they were all sold out and planted a few more beans. Link also revisited Goron City where he received the Biggest Bomb Bag from the rolling Goron. 

Highlights:

• Traded Cojiro for Odd Mushroom.
  • Traded Odd Mushroom for an Odd Potion. 
  • Traded Odd Potion for Poacher's Saw.
  • Catches 2 Big Poes.
  • Trades Poachers Saw for Broken Biggoron's Sword.
  • Showed Broken Biggoron's Sword to Biggoron.
  • Received a prescription for Eye Drops for Biggoron. 
  • Bought all the magic beans until they sold out. 
  • Planted a few Beans.
  • Received the Biggest Bomb Bag. 

#64 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:53 PM

NJF Plays The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (11 - More Side Quests & Fishing.)

(Duration  44:01)

Description:

"I'm not a bad guy" says Dampe the gravekeeper as he promotes his disgusting business of digging people's graves for money. Yes Dampe, you're a saint! Link then sold a few masks for the Happy Mask Salesman. He has one more to sell. After tying up some more loose ends, Link decides to go fishing before returning to the Temple of Time. He catches a real lunker of 10 lbs and receives a Heart Piece Container. Link returns to the Temple of Time where he once again becomes an adult, and warps to The Water Temple. 

Highlights:

• Meets Dampe as child Link, clearly he's not a bad guy. 
  • Sold the Keaton Mask to the guard at Karkariko and got the Skull Mask. 
  • Upgraded Deku Stick capacity with the Skull Mask. 
  • Sold Skull Mask to the Skul kid in the Forest and got the Spooky Mask.
  • Sold the Spooky Mask to the Graveyard Kid and got the Bunny Mask. 
  • Goes fishing and catches a real lunker. 
  • Enters The Water Temple.

#65 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

NJF Plays The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (12 - The Water Temple)

(Duration 1:13:59)

Description:

Not long after Link enters the Water Temple, he finds Ruto who still believes that Link is her fiance and is annoyed with him for leaving her all these years. She instantly changes subject to tell Link that she's in the Water Temple trying to save her kind and she asks Link for his help. She decides to show him away, but Link loses her. He is then left to navigate the Water Temple alone. Deep inside the Water Temple he fights and defeats his own reflection in a dream like location, and he earns the Longshot for his win. He later finds the cause of the curse that's caused Zora's Domain to freeze, the boss of the Dungeon Morpha. After defeating Morpha, it turns out that Ruto has become the Sage of the Water Temple, and as such cannot give Link her love due to higher responsibilities. Link meets Shiek outside the Temple who tells him that Zora's Domain will eventually return to normal, as the waters in Lake Hylia rise to it's normal state. 

Highlights:

• Finds Ruto. 
  • Defeated Dark Link.
  • Obtained the Long Shot.
  • Defeated Morpha. 
  • Ruto Becomes a Sage. 
  • Receives Water Medallion. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 20 December 2014 - 09:07 PM.

#66 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:22 AM

NJF Plays The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (13 - More Side Quests)

(Duration 47:47)

Description:

After defeating the Water Temple, Link goes fishing, but was unable to make the big catch. Link returns to Hyrule Field where he catches the remaining Big Poes. Link heads to Karkariko which is currently on fire. At the well he finds Shiek who is watching the well in fear. Shiek tells Link to get back, and an evil invisible force comes out of the well and attacks Shiek. Link tries to fight the unseen beast, but is defeated by the invisible foe. Shiek teaches Link the Nocturne of Shadow and tells Link that he'll take care of the village. Link returns the Big Poes to the Poe guy in the destroyed town and earns his 4th bottle. Link brings the prescription to King Zora. King Zora gives Link an Eyeball Frog that Link could bring to the Labratory Guy to make Eye Drops. The Labratory Guy creates the World's Finest Eye Drops for Biggoron. Link brings the Eyedrops to Biggoron who then gives Link a Claim Check he can use to retrieve his sword in 3 days. Link returns to the Past to enter the Well where he will find an item he could use to defeat the creature that attacked him earlier in Karkariko. 

Highlights:

• Went fishing but lost the fish.
  • Caught all remaining Big Poes.
  • Got Attacked by a monster that escaped the well.
  • Learns the Nocturne of Shadow. 
  • Got the 4th Bottle.
  • Traded Prescription for Eyeball Frog. 
  • Traded Eyeball Frog for the World's Finest Eye Drops. 
  • Brought the World's Finest Eye Drops to Biggoron. 
  • Received a Claim Check to get new Biggoron's Sword in 3 days. 

(Note: Because of issues with the emulator or the rom version, I have ran into a game breaking bug and I'm unable to continue. I've tried upgrading the emulator to a newer version, but I haven't been able to transfer over my save files. I will continue playing this when I figure this out, but for now, I'm going to move on to the next game.)

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 21 December 2014 - 11:33 AM.

#67 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:47 AM

Donkey Kong Country

Donkey_Kong_Country_Shot_2.png

Why I chose this game:

I remember first hearing about this game in a Nintendo Power magazine. Something showing the face of Donkey Kong, and a message saying "It's coming" or something like that, I dunno, perhaps my memory is all wrong. Eventually, Nintendo got to releasing the pictures of this game and I was blown away by how amazing this game looked. I jut had to get this game. Now I'll admit that I chose this game for shallow reasons and that could have very well been a poor choice. Just because the game looked beautiful doesn't mean the game would have actually been good. But it's safe to say today I wasn't disappointed. 

With gameplay that I could even call more impressive than how this game looks, I surely made a good decision when I asked for this game. I remember renting this game before Christmas morning, it was around the same time as the Christmas parade, and I remember they were throwing out treats, and I got a bag of sunflower seeds, no kidding! So when I play this game, I often have memories of sunflower seeds. I also have memories of this game when I eat sunflower seeds. Strange I know, but that's just one of those childhood memories I have. This is a game I opened this game on Christmas morning, and I couldn't stop playing it. What a fun game.

Stream Details:

Like usual, I'll be having unscheduled streams, and when I do, I could stream for hours. This game will be significantly shorter than Donkey Kong Country 3 because I won't be making bonus levels a priority. Unfortunately, even though I got 101% in this game before, I find the bonus level locations sometimes a bit too cryptic and probably one of the game's biggest flaws. So I'll just be going for a simple run of beating the game. This shouldn't be a long stream. I'll be uploading my videos in around 20 min videos. I'll be streaming on my page:

http://www.twitch.tv/newjourneysfire

I hope to see you there. I'll announce in my other topic when I begin my streams. 

#68 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:01 AM

NJF Plays Donkey Kong Country (01 - Kongo Jungle & Monkey Mines)

(Duration 26:05)

Description:

Completed Kongo Jungle with relative ease then moved on to Monkey Mines. Had a little trouble getting through Mine Cart Carnage, but got through the rest of Monkey Mines without much difficulty.  

Highlights:

• Completed Jungle Hyjinx
  • Completed Ropey Rampage.
  • Completed Reptile Rumble. 
  • Completed Coral Capers. 
  • Completed Barrel Cannon Canyon.
  • Defeated Very Gnawty & Completed Kongo Jungle.
  • Completed Winky's Walkway.
  • Completed Mine Cart Carnage.
  • Completed Bouncy Bonanza.
  • Completed Stop and Go Station. 
  • Completed Millstone Mayhem. 
  • Defeated Master Nicky & Completed Monkey Mines. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 22 December 2014 - 01:54 PM.

#69 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:31 AM

NJF Plays Donkey Kong Country (02 - Vine Valley)

(Duration 15:16)

Description:

Making a few experimental jumps in Tree Top Town which lead to a few deaths, I managed to get through without losing too many lives. I make my way to the boss so I can move ahead to the next world. 

Highlights:

• Completed Vulture Culture.
  • Completed Tree Top Town.
  • Completed Forest Frenzy.
  • Completed Temple Tempest.
  • Completed Orang-utan Gang.
  • Completed Clam City.
  • Defeated Queen B. and Completed Vine Valley.

----------

NJF Plays Donkey Kong Country (03 - Gorilla Glacier)

(Duration 18:34)

Description:

Losing a few lives in Slipslide Ride and Ice Age Alley, I manage to get through the world of Gorilla Glacier without too much sweat. 

Highlights:

• Completed Snow Barrel Blast.
  • Completed Slipslide Ride.
  • Completed Ice Age Alley.
  • Completed Croctopus Chase.
  • Completed Torchlight Trouble.
  • Completed Rope Bridge Rumble. 
  • Defeated Really Gnawty and completed Gorilla Glacier. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 22 December 2014 - 10:31 AM.

#70 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:53 PM

NJF Plays Donkey Kong Country (04 - Kremkrock Industries Inc.)

(Duration 26:10)

Description:

Got a little grumped in Elevator Antics. I took it very slow in Poison Pond and still got grumped a little. The rest of Kremkrock Industries Inc. wasn't too bad. 

Highlights:

• Completed Oil Drum Alley.
  • Completed Trick Track Trek.
  • Completed Elevator Antics. 
  • Completed Poison Pond.
  • Completed Mine Cart Madness.
  • Completed Blackout Basement.
  • Defeated Dumb Drum and Completed Kremkrock Industries Inc. 

----------

NJF Plays Donkey Kong Country (05 - Chimp Caverns & Gangplank Galleon)

(Duration 21:40)

Description:

Explored through and completed all the levels inside Chimp Caverns and defeated Master Necky Senior. The Gangplank Galleon arrived at Donkey Kong Island carrying the leader of the Kremlings to receive Donkey Kong's Banana stash and Donkey Kong made quick work of him. After defeated K.rool, the credits begin and the game ends.

Highlights:

• Completed Tanked Up Trouble. 
  • Completed Manic Mincers.
  • Completed Misty Mine.
  • Completed Loopy Lights.
  • Completed Platform Perils.
  • Defeated Master Necky Senior and completed Chimp Caverns.
  • Defeated King K.rool and completed Gangplank Galleon. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 22 December 2014 - 01:54 PM.

#71 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:02 PM

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

TM_GBA_DonkeyKongCountry2.png

Why I chose this Game:

How could I have Donkey Kong Country 3 and Donkey Kong Country in this list without my personal favorite, Donkey Kong Country 2. Donkey Kong Country 2 built on the success of Donkey Kong Country but also added in new innovations that improved upon the flaws of the first game. Providing more incentives to do the Bonus Level, the Kremcoins and the Lost World was a well welcomed addition for me that made this game a little more special. A novelty that has pretty much warn off by the time Donkey Kong Country 3 was released. That doesn't mean that Donkey Kong Country 3 wasn't a good game, I think it was, but this game will still remain my favorite Donkey Kong Country game. The Kremling overworld was an interesting location and really set the correct mood for me much like how The Dark World worked in ALTTP. This Kremling overworld was also much more interesting than Donkey Kong's more natural looking overworld. It took a lot of imagination to create this game, and it was a recipe for success. 

Stream Information:

Pretty much the exact same rules apply for this game as it did for DKC1 and DKC3, so there's nothing surprising to expect other than the fact I already got the game half done. I started this game last night immediately after I beat Donkey Kong Country which took much quicker than I anticipated. 

I'll be streaming later this evening, hopefully I'll be able to beat this game so I can squeeze in one more game for the holidays. What that game will be is a secret for now. ;)

http://www.twitch.tv/newjourneysfire

#72 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:21 PM

NJF Plays Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (01 - Gangplank Galleon)

(Duration 13:13)

Description:

Got through Ganplank Galleon with all Kremcoins and DK Coins in a very reasonable amount of time. 

Highlights:

• Completed Pirate Panic.
  • Completed Mainbrace Mayhem.
  • Completed Gangplank Galley.
  • Completed Lockjaw's Locker.
  • Completed Topsail Trouble.
  • Defeated Krow and completed Ganplank Galleon.

#73 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:51 PM

NJF Plays Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (02 - Crocodile Cauldron)

(Duration 23:24)

Description: 

Completed Crocodile Cauldron with all Kremcoins and DK Coins with relative ease and a small bit of backtracking.

Highlights:

• Completed Hot-Head Hop.
  • Completed Kannon's Klaim. 
  • Completed Lava Lagoon.
  • Completed Red-Hot Ride.
  • Completed Squawk's Shaft. 
  • Backtracked for Kremcoins & DK Coins. 
  • Defeated Kleever and completed Crocodile Cauldron. 

----------

NJF Plays Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (03 - Krem Quay part 1)

(Duration 14:01)

Description:

Got a little grumped in Barrel Bayou because of a little glitch with Znes in relation to the barrels in this level but managed to get through. Not looking forward to a particular Lost World level because of this glitch. Managed to complete the first half of Krem Quay. Please look out for part 2 to see the rest of Krem Quay. 

Highlights:

• Completed Barrel Bayou.
  • Completed Glimmers Galleon. 
  • Completed Krockhead Klamber. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 22 December 2014 - 03:51 PM.

#74 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:19 PM

NJF Plays Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (04 - Krem Quay part 2)

(Duration 18:07)

Description:

Completed Krem Quay with all Kremcoins & DK Coins. 

Highlights:

• Completed Rattle Battle. 
  • Completed Slime Climb.
  • Completed Bramble Blast.
  • Backtracked for Kremcoins & DK Coins. 
  • Defeated Kudgel and completed Krem Quay. 

#75 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:37 PM

NJF Plays Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (05 - Krazy Kremland part 1)

(Duration 22:03)

Description:

Got grumped by the poorly placed warning signs in Rickety Race while trying to go for 1st place. Managed to get through the 1st half of Krazy Kremland. Nothing too difficult yet. 

Highlights:

• Completes Hornet Hole.
  • Completes Target Terror.
  • Completes Bramble Scramble.
  • Completes Rickety Race.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users