Photo

SticksAndStones.qst -- 3/2015 demo

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#136 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:38 AM

hey, kids! this thing just got another new demo with lots of tweaks and fixes implemented (and fairly well tested). http://www.sendspace.com/file/4ytn6n

#137 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:58 PM

I just went to youtube and watched some videos of people playing this quest and they are all essentially blind attempts that fizzle out. I'm hoping somebody would be willing to give the most recent update a good and thorough playthrough and put it on youtube. maybe somebody who has played it before and didn't find it to be too hard or somebody who can rise to the challenge of this not-too-easy game. if you don't die much, it should only take a half hour or so. thanks for reading this. reply if you are interested in doing that.

#138 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:37 AM

....I'm hoping somebody would be willing to give the most recent update a good and thorough playthrough and put it on youtube....

I want to watch somebody besides me play this thing with a bit of dominance. I need a bit of inspiration. I hope to put some work into this project today. somebody something.

#139 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:31 PM

ooh, "featured" project.  nice.  now, everybody play it, review it, record it, something it.

#140 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

or not. this quest is really popular in the chatroom. it must have been mentioned thirty times today. you aren't cool if you don't try it. peer pressure....

#141 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:54 PM

this thing is still totally a thing.  I hereby am now seeking a partner to keep me motivated to keep it moving.  requirement:  must be willing and able to run ZQ1.90.  holler.

#142 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:02 AM

people should care about this.  it's good.  try it.  record your playing of it.  give me feedback.

#143 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:05 AM

I'd help you out but my computer gives a stack overflow error whenever I run 1.90 using dosbox, usually when I pick up an item

Edited by GhostKnight22, 22 February 2015 - 01:05 AM.

#144 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:15 AM

I'd help you out but my computer gives a stack overflow error whenever I run 1.90 using dosbox, usually when I pick up an item

DOSBox does not emulate DOS very well.  you need actual DOS to run ZC/ZQ 1.90.  so, you won't be able to edit the game and keep it purely 1.90.  however, you can PLAY this quest in just about any version of ZC there is.  avoid 2.1s and you should be good to go.

#145 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:19 PM

still/always looking for people to play and review this thing.  I find myself much more motivated to make progress if/when there's interest and people chat it up with me.  if you've played this in the past and never shared your thoughts, jump in.  if you intend to play this thing someday, don't wait; it's a pretty quick play, unless you struggle with medium difficulty.  use any player except 2.1s. please give my game a try and come back here to type stuff.  thanks for reading this.

plenty has changed since this:

SAS9.jpg

please help me to stay motivated to finish this silly little thing.

#146 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:27 PM

I'm your man. How close is this quest to completion? I played a demo a year ago in the expo and I enjoyed it a lot.

Edit: I can't download the file. It gives me a ERROR o.o

Edited by Air Luigi, 07 March 2015 - 11:32 PM.

#147 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:44 PM

it's not changed lately, but I'd love it if you'd give it a thorough go.  which file link is broken?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fdn57i

#148 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:48 PM

Ok, I have it. It's the same demo from the expo? What exactly do you need?

#149 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:04 AM

some discussion. somebody to really delve deep into the thing. really explore it. find some glitches. hate parts, love parts. tell me why it's good and what I should improve. tell me that I should keep at it and get the thing done. read the page or so of this thread and see how desperate I am for somebody to care. help me care.

thanks for being willing to help. if you'd try to find everything in it and find some problems for me to fix, that'd be great. one thing that makes me take a project back up is going in to fix a particular thing. I'm hoping there's at least one mistake to be fixed.

#150 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:33 PM

I finished it.

*I hate the sand tiles. They hurt the eyes.
*What's the purpose of the keys?
*The lens are useless. They don't reveal anything. I'm in 2.5

2rdyxza.jpg

No reward here. Too hard for nothing =( There are many empty gifts in the quest

14agakh.jpg

It's not a good idea to have a invisible gibdo here. Cheap (I can't see it with the black background)

Bugs:

2nhdhms.jpg

There are invisible solid ground combos here. Below the sprite.

9iqs8x.jpg

This is what happens when I break the policeman shield. No sprites.

Well, like the last year, I love the idea and the tileset. The best advice that I can give is switching the quest to 2.5. In 2.5 you can get a lot of inspiration with the enemy editor and balance things in a quite easy way. You would have control of the drops and damage. Also, you can modify sound effects in 2.5.

Be imaginative with the items, add more type of tiles, add more animations to make the quest more lively, be creative with the screen design... I don't know what more to say. You should have the whole thing planned beforehand. I would love to see it finished.

Edited by Air Luigi, 02 May 2015 - 07:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users