Death Note

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:51 AM

So. Light kills criminals who kill the innocent, and the Interpol are trying to find Light so that they could kill them. You know what? I WILL FIND THEM! AND!!!!... look down upon them, lock Light in jail, and try to remove the death sentence. I know longer want governments to be hypocrites. >_> For some reason, I think that the writer of Death Note is either very very against... or very very for the death sentence. It goes to show you just how dark Death Note is.

However, it is very, VERY interesting. The animation is very good, and the crime-solving is pretty keen; however, there was one flaw in L's plan to catch Light at first: What if that criminal never was killed without being seen? Well, I guess in that case it would have almost been impossible to find Light (at that point the anonymous "Kira")...

[edit] I just thought of a reason why the writer would probably be against the death sentence: both "L" and Light are arrogant think of themselves as the embodiment of Justice. He could be saying something about the governments who have the death sentence as arrogant and thinking themselves as the "embodiment of Justice" to do so...

[edit2] Also, for a possible side discussion or split discussion of the death sentence, I would like to note that it's a Catholic belief that not even God, whom Light thinks of himself as ("God of the New World" (not America)), did not kill Cain, who murdered his brother.

[edit3 (which completely pertains to the show)] Hm. On the opening, and on the first episode, an apple is eaten by Light. Maybe this is a reference to the story of Adam and Eve, who were tempted to eat the "Fruit of Knowledge of Good and Evil" (often represented by an apple of some sort) by being told that doing so would make them like gods...

Edited by Aaron, 12 June 2007 - 12:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users