About topic titles...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:32 PM

People! This is the scripting forum! We know you either want a script or are talking about one! Title your topics so we know what you want without needing to click in! I know I'm not a moderator here, but I'm sure I'm speaking for everyone.

So instead of saying "i want 2 zscripts," say what you actually want in the title. (or AT LEAST in the description) We know you want scripts given it's the scripting forum. You don't need to remind everybody what forum they're in.

Could someone please pin this?

#2 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:36 PM

Well, when I've asked for scripts I couldn't describe what a wanted, even extremely generally, in the title or description. So instead I say I need some scripts for people to know I actually need a script written out for me instead of a general question about scripts. But please note I've thought about this when I do ask, just can never come up with that general of a description that would be any better than, "Need some scripts."

Edited by Plissken, 17 March 2008 - 07:46 PM.

#3 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:39 PM

Yah, good call Beefster.
I'd been finding this increasingly irritating too.

#4 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:44 PM

I sometimes do that. Sorry. But like Plissken said, what if you can't explain the script in 3 words?

#5 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:54 PM

It isn't that difficult to abbreviate, you could just do it in part... for example, if you want a script that lets you drown if you stay underwater for more than 10 seconds, the topic should be titled "Drowning Script" and the sub-title should be "Request."

#6 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:59 PM

Well...yeah if I wanted a drowning script. But my needs so far really haven't been easy to describe. Script request: Can I get a script where you have to hit a combo with a weapon every 5 seconds or so and if you don't you pitwarp? I must've spent 5 minutes thinking of a short description for that and didn't come up with anything. icon_razz.gif

#7 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE(Plissken @ Mar 17 2008, 05:59 PM) View Post

Well...yeah if I wanted a drowning script. But my needs so far really haven't been easy to describe. Script request: Can I get a script where you have to hit a combo with a weapon every 5 seconds or so and if you don't you pitwarp? I must've spent 5 minutes thinking of a short description for that and didn't come up with anything. icon_razz.gif

"Weapon on Combo=Pit Warp", "Script Request"

#8 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:07 PM

I guess, I'll be sure to try harder at this next time. icon_razz.gif

#9 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:36 PM

Sometimes I'll read descriptions of script requests more than once and STILL have no idea what it is they want scripted. :/

#10 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:41 PM

Well at least you have a better idea from the title. It's better than having 2-5 requests on the first page all with similar titles. I want to remember which one requested what without struggling much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users