Photo

This topic title fails because I said so.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:40 PM

Diababa:

2 small plants and 1 large one. Behaviors as follows:

Small plants:

Exactly like how they acted in Twilight Princess. They randomly lunge at the player and go down once struck (and in this case, with the boomerang by itself). They resurface after x number of seconds/tics, and spit poison water at the player as soon as they come back, and occasionally while not-submerged/stunned.

Main plant:

It is completely invulnerable while both smaller plants are there, and once they BOTH go down, its eye opens and it spawns a few enemies. The player has x number of seconds/tics to smack its eye with the boomerang, at which point it will be stunned and can be reeled in with the hookshot. No other item but the sword will damage it.

That's all for Diababa, I think I covered everything.

Blizzeta:

At first, it's just a regular Mirror-robe. As in, one of the built-in ones and is completely normal (maybe some altered HP and stuff). Once he's dead (or so it seems), he resurrects and encases himself in ice. Then the giant chunk of ice slides around randomly bouncing off walls trying to crush you. You damage it by reflecting fireballs into it, or bombing it. The candle also works but it won't damage it much. Once you damage the ice-encased-pissed off-mirror wizrobe, chunks of ice appear from the ground and surround the main ice chunk patra-style. They rotate and the whole thing loosely follow link, once he is directly under the main chunk, the smaller ones drop to the ground and are solid, trapping Link and the main chunk falls on him. Assuming one has avoided it, you can damage it by slashing, reflecting fireballs at it, bombs, etc. once you damage it enough, the wizrobe is vulnerable and you can slash his happy ass to sparta and back.

Twinmolgera:

Same as in windwaker, except a tad smaller icon_razz.gif, and there's 2 of them
Flies around, burrows underground, and tries to eat Link. Except this time, there is no warning sign of any kind and it will randomly pop up out of the ground, with a weak preference towards Link's general location. Damage the head to get their armor off, and THEN you start to actually damage it. The tail is unprotected, but hurting it does 1/10th the damage that would be done striking the head. When it eats Link, it engulfs like a LikeLike, damages repeatedly for x damage, and then flings him away. He takes damage when he lands, and can't move for x number of tics/seconds.

That might be it, I've described all I can think of, and more monsters/bosses when I think of them.

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:45 PM

These sound like they would require some major scripting. Or, they could be done with some good old warp type custom bosses, and custom enemies. You don't have to use scripting for everything.

#3 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:05 AM

Good god dude, would you like them to transform into a kitchen sink and spray Link with water too?

Whatever, when I get some more bosses done feel free to look at them and decide whether it would work for you or not.

#4 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:37 AM

Well, I told you I'd have a go, so we'll see what I can do with Diababa.

Might be possible with singular boomerang flags on the ffcs, and so they check which combo they are, if it's the original one nothing happens, if it's a different one they get stunned for a few seconds, wake up, shoot an ewpn.
The middle one checks whether they're stunned.

No hookshot though.
I've said this before and I'll say it again; you cannot have Link reeling it in with the hookshot. (Well at least, if you can, I'm not aware of how to do it/reluctant to learn at present)

EDIT: Oh crap, you can't make ffcs singular and boomerang can you =(
Hrm...

Edited by Joe123, 11 March 2008 - 02:38 AM.

#5 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Mar 11 2008, 12:37 AM) View Post

Well, I told you I'd have a go, so we'll see what I can do with Diababa.

Might be possible with singular boomerang flags on the ffcs, and so they check which combo they are, if it's the original one nothing happens, if it's a different one they get stunned for a few seconds, wake up, shoot an ewpn.
The middle one checks whether they're stunned.

No hookshot though.
I've said this before and I'll say it again; you cannot have Link reeling it in with the hookshot. (Well at least, if you can, I'm not aware of how to do it/reluctant to learn at present)

EDIT: Oh crap, you can't make ffcs singular and boomerang can you =(
Hrm...

First, somebody made a script that allows you to reel in a bridge with the hookshot. It's at AGN. A little editing could leave us with Diababa. Or, you could just do long, tedious, combo cycling and hookshot flags.

Second, I think _L_ had the same problem with the singular and another type flag thing. We need to be able to have two inherent flags now.

#6 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:03 PM

It's also a ZASM script, which I have no intention to learn any time soon.

And I'm not doing anything like that, it's too specific to the set up of the quest.

Damn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users