Pick up, run with, throw it

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:31 PM

I suspect if it was possible, it were made long, long long, long, long ago, since this feature would ground all other big time, especially if it worked exactly like in ALttP. BUT I simply don't see why would it be impossible...

I think nothing else is needed than...
First, defining a combo type that could be picked up. Then comes the "if" part which checks if there's the defined combo type near the player. If yes, then the combo disappear to give place for the undercombo (the hardcoded one, probably). At the same time, an FFC is created where the combo was. This FFC has a movement that matches an item that is being picked up, while this, LInk is invisible and the pick up animation takes place. After a second, the FFC is above Link's head and overheaded, so enemies appear below it. Link is shown with hands held up. When the player decides for throwing the object, the overlay disappears, showing the real Link, and the FFC flies in a "thrown item" trajectory, then it turns into a shattering animation and it also hurts enemies during this quick animation.

We don't need SNES power for that, even the GameBoy Link's Awakening had it (as an usable item, not as a permanent skill).

Now, I accept even high limitations. For example, it might be that the script can't check if Link walks or stands, so the same walking animation needs, so the items can be picked up from only a certain side, etc.

I'm serious, I accept even the harshest limitations. My only goal is to see that a stone is near Link, then it's in his hands, then it's gone. If I were greedy, I would ask that he first raise the stone til his lap, then either throw it for short distance, or rase it above head which results higher throwing distance.

It could be a standalone feature (global script), or an item (item script).

#2 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:10 PM

ShadowMeanacer did something exactly like this over at AGN, but it's somewhat broken thanks to the newer betas. Although, it'd be nice if someone would update some of those scripts...

#3 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:13 PM

ShadowMancer's gone far away =(

#4 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:20 PM

So, Joe. *Nudge* You up for the challenge?

#5 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:58 AM

?!

Shadow Mancer could script well =P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users