Ganon's Curse opened

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

Hi everyone! I'm happy to finally anounce my new project! I am using the classic tileset the first time for a real quest and I truly enjoy building in it! Feels so different than using Pure, Dor, etc. Very refreshing.

I started the quest some weeks ago and will probably have it finished this sommer at least! Currently I am working on the overworld and it is almost done. I am making the overworld first and then I start working on all the dungeons, yep, thats how i do it.

Now about the curse.. Let me know what you think about it. I think it is not annoying at all, I found it pretty fun :lol:! And it works fluid into the gameplay. If enough people want it, I can release a real small demo, just so everyone can test out how the curse works, themself. I usually don't like releasing demo's though, since I want to release quests only when they are done and because it spoilers the fun of playing the full quest.

Okay, please leave your comment here. You can ask me anything about the quest too or!

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Okay, I'm in love with this idea. It's something I haven't seen done before, and I love the potential of it. It seems like it could use a bit of refining though, as you could circumvent it just by walking back and forth, for example. I also think certain areas should have an impact on the curse; for example, one area might trigger the curse to start counting down if you stay on one screen for too long, or another might trigger it if you stray outside of safe areas, etc. There's so much potential here.

I also feel like I oughta say that the screenshots are also very nice looking. I love the way you use the classic set. Not sure how I feel about those bushes though; their coloring's kinda weird. But otherwise, the screens look great.

#3 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

Thanks for the intrerest Russ! Since walking back and forth is a way to be in move I don't see this as a problem though. But don't worry of me wasting the potential here. I always try to incoorperate the curse into the gameplay. There will be enemies or other things, that can stun you for example. You are giving me great ideas also, I'm now thinking about having special areas that reverse the curse, too! It will punish the player for moving too much then, instead.

#4 SpykStorm

SpykStorm

Kamek!

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

I like the idea of this curse. What if, in certian areas, the curse did more than damage, like depleting your arrows or magic?

#5 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

I like the idea of this curse. What if, in certian areas, the curse did more than damage, like depleting your arrows or magic?

Yeah, thats a good idea. You know what, I'm gonna make such areas in my quest ;D

#6 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

Well, I think it's a cool idea! :) Yeah, I don't think moving back and forth should be a problem.
I'm just trying to think of situations where you'd want to use the purple potion. Puzzle rooms maybe? If the player got tired of pressing buttons, they could just pause ZC to take a break rather than using the potion. It's still a cool idea, though; I'm not saying to not implement it.

Nice to see you using those GB-style bushes I made! Not sure if you got them from the post that Anthus made or from a tileset. Either way, it's cool with me. 8)
Above, Russ said he thinks the coloring for them is weird, but I think that would apply to a bunch of tiles in the classic tileset as well (such as the overworld enemy statue tiles, like Gohma and Lynel) because it uses blue instead of something like brown for the tree trunks. Wouldn't you agree? :slycool:

Glad you're enjoying the classic tileset! I think it's a bit less restrictive with how you use the tiles than other, more complicated tilesets.

#7 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

Well, I think it's a cool idea! :) Yeah, I don't think moving back and forth should be a problem.
I'm just trying to think of situations where you'd want to use the purple potion. Puzzle rooms maybe? If the player got tired of pressing buttons, they could just pause ZC to take a break rather than using the potion. It's still a cool idea, though; I'm not saying to not implement it.

Nice to see you using those GB-style bushes I made! Not sure if you got them from the post that Anthus made or from a tileset. Either way, it's cool with me. 8)
Above, Russ said he thinks the coloring for them is weird, but I think that would apply to a bunch of tiles in the classic tileset as well (such as the overworld enemy statue tiles, like Gohma and Lynel) because it uses blue instead of something like brown for the tree trunks. Wouldn't you agree? :slycool:

Glad you're enjoying the classic tileset! I think it's a bit less restrictive with how you use the tiles than other, more complicated tilesets.

Yes I agree about the bushes as I think they fit great with the other classic tiles. :) Got them from the screenshot you posted, you already were on my credits list of course.

Puzzle rooms are where some people might use purple potions and they are even not expensive at all, just 40 rupees. But there is also situations where pausing the game does not help too. Next update in less than 24 hours! Just have to write it ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users