Would You?

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Rain (Guest)

Guest_Rain (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:06 AM

Answer this truthfully... answer this!
If murder wasn't illegal and someone got you that angry, would've you probably nearly killed someone by now?

#2 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE(Rain @ Jul 30 2011, 03:06 PM) View Post
Answer this truthfully... answer this!
If murder wasn't illegal and someone got you that angry, would've you probably nearly killed someone by now?

Yes, my step dad. Had it not been for the fact that my mother split up with him, chances are one of us would have already killed the other. He was a f***ing lunatic. Crazy person, I sincerely hope the world does not have many people of his type.

#3 Guest_Rain (Guest)

Guest_Rain (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:13 AM

Thanks for the truthful reply. I really don't want to share my experience as it's super-personal but I mean it would be justice (I never got raped lol)

#4 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:17 AM

No, I wouldn't have. I might hit someone if it were, but no more than that. icon_shrug.gif And even that would be rare. I'm not usually one to pick a fight.

#5 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE(Rain @ Jul 30 2011, 03:13 PM) View Post
Thanks for the truthful reply. I really don't want to share my experience as it's super-personal but I mean it would be justice (I never got raped lol)
I don't think I could "kill for justice". I could kill in self-defense, but that's about it I think.

I'd never attack someone with the intention of murdering them. Like, I literally don't think I've got that in me.

There was one inncident where these three guys was running around where I live literally slaughtering animals in the most gruesome ways, then actually playing with the bodies, or at least posing them in weird poses and leaving them lying around. They eventually got to one of my cats, and not too long after that I, by "luck", spotted them one night, holding a little puppy. The puppy was not dead, and at the time they ran when they saw me (not because I was scary or anything, but you know, they had killed like, at least 20 pets (and that's just those that we know of)). This being the relatively small island it is, I recognized them and later got into a fight with them, which eventually landed me in the hospital with a stab-wound (don't worry, I was rather lucky with where and how the knife wounded me, and I got out of the hospital the same day).

Anyways, what I was going to say about this; I probably, at the time, could have killed these people had I gotten the chance. Not now, but then. I was really really really pissed off, and I think that if I had managed to knock one of them out I doubt I'd have stopped beating him for that very reason. I am so damn glad I didn't, because it'd be such a waste to go to prison because of such scum, but there you have it.

Other than that though, I really don't think I have it in me to end someone's life. It's not something one should even imagine as an "easy" thing to do, because it (probably) really is not at all. And even if you had managed to do it, imagine how your life after that would be, knowing that your hands ended somebody elses life, took away their possibility of ever gaining new memories or sharing a friendship with anyone. That is heavy stuff bro, not to be taken lightly.

#6 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:32 AM

Every human is capable of murder. Illegal or not, that doesn't change a thing about how our brains work. icon_shrug.gif
Murder is a product of selective pressure, mostly; murder is - evolutionary-biological - highly useful. That's according to David M. Buss. While that's making perfect sense, I'd also suggest reading on Phillip G. Zimbardo's "The Lucifer Effect", as I feel personally more convinced by system-theory.

Anyways, as for myself, I don't recall ever having felt any really murderous rage. I've been mad at people before, but never to the point where I wished to end their lives.

Edited by Sheik91, 30 July 2011 - 09:06 AM.

#7 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:43 AM

Probably not. I don't have it in me to kill another person, mainly because I don't have the guts to do it. And if I did, the remorse would be overwhelming.

#8 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:46 AM

Phillip G. Zimbardo: The Lucifer Effect
Stanford Prison Experiment, anyone?
Edit: They didn't murder yet in SPE, but they also had to stop after merely six days so who knows what might've happened in the eight days to follow. Also, the Milgram-Experiment comes to my mind, where actual murder was (seemingly) commited by people like you and me.

Edited by Sheik91, 30 July 2011 - 08:52 AM.

#9 Guest_Rain (Guest)

Guest_Rain (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:16 AM

To Robin: Yeah well that's what I kinda meant in self-defense I would have no problem killing someone who tried to kill me. That's what I mean, if it means I have to in self-defense I would do it. However, I kinda think that if a killer or something along those lines get's caught and in jail, I think instead of being in jail for the rest of their lives, yanno' they should get killed exactly the same way they killed that person eg. if they stabbed them repeatdly, shot them in the head yanno, an eye for an eye.

But an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, good thing we got them' guide dogs, huh. xD

I hope your cat's okay?

#10 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:44 AM

However, I kinda think that if a killer or something along those lines get's caught and in jail, I think instead of being in jail for the rest of their lives, yanno' they should get killed exactly the same way they killed that person eg. if they stabbed them repeatdly, shot them in the head yanno, an eye for an eye.
So someone's "a killer", meaning he killed another person. He get's killed as a punishement. Now, the guy that killed the "killer" also killed another person! So he gets also killed. Look! Another killer. So he has to be killed. Which brings forth another killer that has to be killed. You get it.

Not making much sense by book. Also, quite babaric might I add. Another human's life should never be taken on purpose regardless what that person might've done.

#11 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE(Rain @ Jul 30 2011, 04:16 PM) View Post
To Robin: Yeah well that's what I kinda meant in self-defense I would have no problem killing someone who tried to kill me. That's what I mean, if it means I have to in self-defense I would do it. However, I kinda think that if a killer or something along those lines get's caught and in jail, I think instead of being in jail for the rest of their lives, yanno' they should get killed exactly the same way they killed that person eg. if they stabbed them repeatdly, shot them in the head yanno, an eye for an eye.

But an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, good thing we got them' guide dogs, huh. xD

I hope your cat's okay?
My cat was killed o.O No one's walking away from that. My other cat(s) are fine though, if that's what you meant.

Sheik, I agree partially. All human beings are capable of committing murder, but that does not mean everyone would be able to psychologically. As I stated earlier, I believe (empathize that one, I honestly don't know for sure) I would be able to end another person's life if it was a case of life and death of myself or someone I care about a lot. I do not think I have it in me to kill in cold blood however, even if I think the person in question deserves it. Who knows though, it's kind of hard to put yourself in that type of scenario, and even harder to imagine what emotional problems might come with such an act.

#12 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE(Robin @ Jul 30 2011, 04:54 PM) View Post

Sheik, I agree partially. All human beings are capable of committing murder, but that does not mean everyone would be able to psychologically.
Well, what alternative is there to being able "psychologically"? Of course everyone is able to psychologically. That's the whole point I'm trying to make. icon_razz.gif How they will put up with it afterwards isn't so much of interest because how they deal with it doesn't change the fact that they are able to commit murder.

Edit: I'm on that mainly due to semantics, really. I think what you ment was "emotionally" (in which case I'd disagree pointing at murder in affection). But "psychological" is anything we do, regardless what ever that might be. Even imaging to murder someone is a psychological phenomenon.

QUOTE(Robin @ Jul 30 2011, 04:54 PM) View Post
As I stated earlier, I believe (empathize that one, I honestly don't know for sure) I would be able to end another person's life if it was a case of life and death of myself or someone I care about a lot. I do not think I have it in me to kill in cold blood however, even if I think the person in question deserves it. Who knows though, it's kind of hard to put yourself in that type of scenario, and even harder to imagine what emotional problems might come with such an act.

That's the affective type of murder. Murder out of hatred or love, mostly. That's usually what people can identify themselves best with.
"Killing in cold blood" is what people do that get payed for it, for example. I'm guessing that this one has a lot to do with education and habit. For example people that kill for the Mafia would fall in this category.
Yeah, it is indeed an odd scenario to put yourself into. And to imagine how you'd put up with it emotionally is surely even harder. I agree. Still, empiristic research has proven that every human being (and not just lunatics...) is capable of murder, special circumstances given.

Edited by Sheik91, 30 July 2011 - 10:08 AM.

#13 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:19 AM

there's a guy who killed three of my good friends and had better hope I never meet him, face to face.

http://www.change.or...gs-in-san-diego

http://www.facebook....gs.of.San.Diego

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/mrpacmane

I've been putting off bringing this up and I have even avoided discussing it directly and privately with Robin, but it is what it is and this seems as good a place as any to share. I have minimal rage within me, but if that switch in my head gets flipped, I'm fight when flight seems wrong.

#14 Guest_Rain (Guest)

Guest_Rain (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:20 AM

Okay Sheik I disagree with you. There's like a job, like you know when they had the hangman, or like you would let another killer loose on him. Or something or just even bring back the electric chair, yanno?

To Robin: RIP your cat he/she is in cat heaven eating all the rats it can dream of!

#15 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE(Rain @ Jul 30 2011, 05:20 PM) View Post

Okay Sheik I disagree with you. There's like a job, like you know when they had the hangman, or like you would let another killer loose on him. Or something or just even bring back the electric chair, yanno?
I have no words for this. It's the 21st freaking centuary, didn't humanity move even the tiniest step forward? This is very sad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users