• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#16 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Jun 8 2010, 10:50 PM) View Post
And this is one of the many reasons why I no longer go to AGN. Honestly, there a magnet for attacks. Either they crash or they get hacked, and often times they're hacked by their own banned members. It's ridiculous.

It makes you wonder, why AGN? Why are they always getting attacked?
My guess is simply that people doesn't like to get banned, and some of them also has the knowledge, and mindset to do things such as these.

#17 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:14 PM

They've been around a lot longer, and had a couple of crazies (Glenn The Great cough cough). Is it them though? I doubt it. Probably just bad luck. Somehow somewhere Armageddongames.net got put on a list somewhere. I mean once it was some Russian guys wasn't it?

#18 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE(Old-skool @ Jun 8 2010, 05:45 PM) View Post

Heh, I went there and just got a Noscript symbol, and it was like

"yeah there was some **** or something so we blocked it. Dunno what you wanna do about it"

NoScript, rarely do you seriously get to do what you were made for like that, but rarely are you an inconvenience to me, either. *hugs* icon_smile.gif
I was just pooping in to put in a plug for NoScript myself. icon_smile.gif Good to see that another user was guarded by it.

Seriously guys, with something like this happening so close to home, you should consider picking up Firefox/Chrome with NoScript. It almost single-handedly defeats the evil forces of the internets.

QUOTE(Lemon @ Jun 8 2010, 07:14 PM) View Post

They've been around a lot longer, and had a couple of crazies (Glenn The Great cough cough). Is it them though? I doubt it. Probably just bad luck. Somehow somewhere Armageddongames.net got put on a list somewhere. I mean once it was some Russian guys wasn't it?
I've thought the same thing for a while. They have had some extremely obsessive members, but these are probably just random people wanting to **** something up "for teh lulz."

#19 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:27 PM

Firefox, Noscript, Adblock, Avast antivirus, a firewall (Windows Firewall suffices), and common sense, and you'll be practically invulnerable.

Also, I can't recall of a time where AGN had Russian members who had it out for the devs.

#20 SomeZeldaFan

SomeZeldaFan

Initiate

• Members

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:38 AM

I visited the site's forum and got tons of viruses from it i think. Now when i try to open ZC b184 it says zcmusic.dll is missing. And when i try to download b184 from armageddongames "which is the only source for it as far as i can see" it wont let me, but b183 downloads fine.

Anyone know of any other site which has the b184 player?

#21 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:11 AM

Heh...I wonder if the hackers had enough free time to make it download viruses for macs...*checks site*

AW LAWDY NO!

Actually I checked the site using Yahoo (Google doesn't let me enter) and nothing at all seems wrong...Must only have PC viruses...

I guess I'm saf-DISREGARD THAT, I'M A NOOB!

#22 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:24 AM

Again? Talking about AGN getting hacked is starting to be like talking about Bowser kidnapping Peach. icon_shrug.gif

#23 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:47 PM

AGN gets hacked all the time. It's a s**t website IMO.
It goes to show what can happen to a site when the owner no longer has time/money/care.

One of these days there needs to be a new official place for ZC Development (under different administration), because this is ridiculous, as those who manage AGN barely seem to do so at all.

What I'd like to reply to that is so obvious that I won't do it.

The really sad part is that all said here could also in some measure be applied to ZC itself. We don't only need a new home, we need a new ZC - from the ground up.

#24 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:50 PM

>__>

We should just pin a topic about AGN being hacked/having problems and update that every time something goes wrong.

#25 Chris Miller

Chris Miller

The Dark Man

• Banned

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:42 PM

"zeldaclassic.com has been marked as an ATTACK SITE!"
"WARNING: Bad code ahead!" j/k
*kisses AdBlock Plus and Spyware Terminator
I'm running a virus scan just to be safe.

#26 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:48 PM

I stopped going there a long time ago. But man, it sucks to here that it's been hacked...again.

#27 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:29 AM

Oh the bad site appears broken now but before, it just took you to another page acting like a virus scanner and asking you to download and install something. If you didn't install it then your likely unaffected (unless you use IE, if you have IE then you may need to sacrifice some virgins to ensure your computer is safe).

I updated the first post to clarify it is only the forums affected.

Edited by franpa, 10 June 2010 - 01:30 AM.

#28 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE(Koopa @ Jun 10 2010, 03:47 AM) View Post
The really sad part is that all said here could also in some measure be applied to ZC itself. We don't only need a new home, we need a new ZC - from the ground up.
Koopa, you took the words right out of my mouth. I replied to Nathaniel in a PM saying basically the same thing.

#29 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:49 AM

What else is new. ..Surely people must be getting tired of hacking AGN by now? I mean it's pretty ridiculous if you ask me; to think that there are a small handful of people out there that hate AGN that much. They could use that time for much better activities.. like, crocheting or something.

Edited by Gleeok, 10 June 2010 - 04:50 AM.

#30 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:59 AM

They could use there energy for hacking hackers websites D:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users