2 new screens for my Star Wars quest

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:06 PM

Yeah I posted this in another comment on my other thread in custom quest discussion, but wanted to see what people thought of them here, since they're more showing off the graphics/tile editing job rather than a custom quest itself. So here you go enjoy them ...

IPB Image

Some fun new NPCs for the quest. I think I'm gonna set the game probably right after the Clone Wars, when the Empire takes control.

IPB Image

Okay this AT-ST is so freakin sweet. icon_cool.gif I'm gonna make it to where you can walk on the top of it and blow up the lid and you can crawl inside. I wanted to do something like once you were in the AT-ST you could control the thing by shooting stuff, but I dunno how that would exactly work??? icon_wacky.gif I'll probably make it a boss maybe? Where you have to destroy the guns and then crawl inside and fight the two AT-ST pilots. Very cool idea I think ... lemme know what you think. I plan on doing some more big sprites, they are time consuming but a LOT of fun to make.

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:09 PM

Wow. That's a freakin' sweet AT-ST. icon_wow.gif The idea of making it a boss sounds cool, too. icon_razz.gif

#3 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Apr 16 2008, 06:09 PM) View Post

Wow. That's a freakin' sweet AT-ST. icon_wow.gif The idea of making it a boss sounds cool, too. icon_razz.gif

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif Yeah I tried keeping it angled top-down so it would still blend in with the rest of the world. And also so the player could get up on top of the thing and get inside. I'm thinking of making one sideways looking but I'm not sure if that would be worth it, or look any good? Eh ... any suggestions on what else I can make?

#4 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:13 PM

You could just try making a sideways one, and possibly making it a two-stage battle.

#5 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:21 PM

Wow, that's a cool looking AT-ST! Say, are you gonna make Link start with a "Blaster"(bow and arrow) instead of the sword and make the rupees "Blaster Ammo"?

#6 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:14 AM

you could make the sideways one smaller and make it an Aquamentius? My opinion icon_shrug.gif

i have one word for the other one though...

DANG!!!

...i wish i could draw that good...

#7 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:46 AM

So I woke up in the middle of the night around 5 cause my dog was barking, and I couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to make an A-Wing. I figured it wasn't as hard as an X-Wing to make (not as big) so this only took me a good hour or so. I also put in a little A-Wing pilot NPC as well next to it to show scale. icon_smile.gif Check it out:

IPB Image

EDIT:

Updating with one more screen I just made while I was on lunch. The Rebel Snowspeeder. I don't like this one much though, the angles on the thing just look weird. But it's not bad icon_confused.gif As well I have two rebel fighter pilots next to the ship to show scale. (the ship is also a two-seater heh icon_razz.gif )

IPB Image

Edited by octorok, 17 April 2008 - 10:17 AM.

#8 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:33 PM

You drew these machines from scratch?! icon_eek.gif
You won't ever need to ask people to draw anything for you. icon_eek.gif
That snowspeeder is the best.

#9 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:47 PM

Meh... Seriously meh... I won't even bother to comment properly... DUDE! WHAT THE HECK?!
Those are... waow, cool!
Seriously... you OWN. Great job on those man! All of em!

#10 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:05 PM

Thanks CastChaos and Migokalle

I'm wasting my day away working on this eye candy for everybody ... I shoud be working on my fence in the backyard. ICK! icon_sweat.gif Anywho, check out the X-Wing I made.

IPB Image

#11 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:41 PM

*Points at octorok and says: Dude, you need a QPF.*

The A-Wing and Snowspeeder are freaking sweet, dude. icon_eek.gif

But that X-Wing looks more like a Z-95 Headhunter. The underside laser cannons need to be larger and placed closer to the topside laser cannons, because now, they look like minuscule backup cannons. icon_unsettled.gif

#12 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:07 PM

*Blaman is silent*
...Ah!
Nope, still no words to describe how awsome those look! icon_biggrin.gif
Excellent work with those!

#13 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:10 PM

Wow.

If you can make a whole tileset in this style, as opposed to Newfirst with a speederbike, you'll have a very good star-wars quest coming along.

#14 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:15 PM

icon_drool.gif

Pure awesomeness, dude! I love your sprites!!

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 17 April 2008 - 05:16 PM.

#15 Surreal Canine

Surreal Canine

Master of Disaster

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:37 PM

Say, are you gonna make Link start with a "Blaster"(bow and arrow) instead of the sword and make the rupees "Blaster Ammo"?

I think Link was supposed to be a Jedi Knight in this quest, so he'll probably start with the lightsaber. Right?

IIRC, Petoe's MMDWR tileset had a good lightsaber to use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users