• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#31 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:27 AM

To be honest, all I care about is Nintendo's part. I'm anxiously waiting, although I feel like I'm going to be severely disappointed. Severely.

• HavoX likes this

#32 Maleboocado

Maleboocado

Gotta go fast!!!!!11

• Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:40 AM

Sony Won e3, everything that showed off was great. Final fantasy 7 Remake is what won though. Thank fucking god. A real final fantasy game getting a remake it deserves.

If a remake of a FF game is unavoidable, then I think the most interesting games to remake would be FFVI and, specially, FFIX. I don't understand FFVII's appeal, if the funniest parts of the game are the bike and submarine minigames then something is really wrong. But FFIX still has its charm and magic, despite all the JRPG junk behind and the painfully slow battles. Quite sad that it is always eclipsed by FFVII and the atrocious FFVIII, because FFIX is *much* better.

What it bugs me is why are they making a remake now, after so many years. A FFVII will be always big news, but while Squeenix's public approval isn't what it used to be, the company's finantial health is much better now than a mere years ago, or that's what I have heard anyway. So why now, when they could have made they remake five years ago, or they could make it for next-generation consoles?

#33 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:04 PM

Welp, finished watching E3 and I'll admit, it wasn't really that great this year. I was personally expecting things to go a bit better, but hey, there were some pretty interesting games in there. Triforce Heroes looks interesting, and I like what's gone into it so far. It seems like a FS/ALBW crossover which is pretty cool. Also, Zelda Dress tho :P

#34 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:13 PM

All I'm really excited for is Star Fox Zero. That's it.

#35 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:57 PM

Honestly the entire thing was underwhelming. There were a couple of awkward moments, and the Muppets... Well they had their charm and I smiled at parts, but there were some bits of it where it was like... trying too hard to recapture last year's charm. A huge chunk of the conference was about games we knew about, just expanding, and the new games announced weren't very spectacular. Triforce Heroes could be fun, and the fact that it has online multiplayer is huge and a big boon to it, but it bears the "The Legend of Zelda" name, so I get to pick it apart more than I normally would, yay. Metroid Prime Federation Force is also my biggest disappointment, I mean it could be a fun game but all this time without a Metroid title and we get... this? I could understand if we recently had a title or there were more titles in general, but it isn't the time for a spinoff when what we need is a full-fledged main series title. 

Star Fox looks really good though, and I'm glad that it takes cues from Star Fox 64; the true 64 sequel we've been waiting for at last, it seems. I just hope it doesn't tread too closely to 64's turf, and that gyro controls are still optional; watching the Arwing shoot things anywhere on the screen without moving was kind of unnatural-looking, and also I'd prefer to steer with sticks like in the past. Transformations seem pretty neat though, here's hoping they utilize that with multiple ways to make it through the levels again. Wondering if Star Fox Zero means it's a 64 prequel... or at least early on in the series.

Some of it I just couldn't care about, like Skylanders or that cutesied-up Animal Crossing clone of Mario Party. There wasn't hardly anything shown of Xenoblade Chronicles X except for a prerendered cutscene... Bad Nintendo. New Fire Emblem Fates footage, which is good, but is it just me, or does Aqua's English singing voice sound awful compared to the Japanese? Actually just on its own without comparison? Eh whatever. Woolly World still looks cute and fun, and it was interesting hearing about the yarn amiibo's origins. And... I just don't have much reaction. Nintendo didn't really bring any big guns to their conference, so I left feeling unfulfilled. Not even a new Mario announcement... shame.

It wasn't that it was a bad conference, it was leagues better than EA's or Ubisoft's, but among the big three, for the first time in my life I think Nintendo takes the bronze medal this time.

• Rambly, Shane and Jared like this

#36 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:06 PM

There wasn't a Mario announcement at E3? That's odd, I just finished reading an article on a new M&L game being worked on called "Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam". The gimmick is supposed to be that it's a crossover between the M&L universe and the Paper Mario one.

Actually, I just checked YouTube and there's a trailer from E3. Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI9Ic3tz2lc

Edited by kurt91, 16 June 2015 - 01:06 PM.

#37 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:08 PM

Sorry, meant new main series Mario. Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam looks kind of fun, don't get me wrong, but my hopes were set on a 64 2/Sunshine 2/Galaxy 3/new 3D Mario title.

• Shane and Jared like this

#38 Maleboocado

Maleboocado

Gotta go fast!!!!!11

• Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:32 PM

>Not even a new Mario announcement... shame.

What the heck.

We "get" a terrible crossover, a port of the atrocious Hyrule Warriors to 3DS, another Yoshi's Island but in yarn form, a new Four Swords that seems far worse than FSA (a fun game) and the original GBA game (not a fun game), a vomitive "Metroid "Prime"", and a new Starfox that while appears to be a fun game, it seems to be just a mere clone of Starfox 2 and Starfox 64 but in HD... and you're sad they haven't announced a new platform Mario game? Thanks god we should be very happy Nintendo still are competent regarding platform Mario games.

If the best games so far from Nintendo's event have been Mario Maker (a game I'm really excited about but it was already announced a year ago) and a port of a NES game to Wii U's VC and Starfox 64 2... oooops, I mean, Starfox "Zero"... something is seriously wrong.

#39 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:38 PM

>Not even a new Mario announcement... shame.

What the heck.

We "get" a terrible crossover, a port of the atrocious Hyrule Warriors to 3DS, another Yoshi's Island but in yarn form, a new Four Swords that seems far worse than FSA (a fun game) and the original GBA game (not a fun game), a vomitive "Metroid "Prime"", and a new Starfox that while appears to be a fun game, it seems to be just a mere clone of Starfox 2 and Starfox 64 but in HD... and you're sad they haven't announced a new platform Mario game? Thanks god we should be very happy Nintendo still are competent regarding platform Mario games.

If the best games so far from Nintendo's event have been Mario Maker (a game I'm really excited about but it was already announced a year ago) and a port of a NES game to Wii U's VC and Starfox 64 2... oooops, I mean, Starfox "Zero"... something is seriously wrong.

So what? At least we're actually getting some news from nintendo! It's not like the games are as bad as E.T. (on the atari). You might be hateful, but some people actually enjoy these games, like me.

#40 Maleboocado

Maleboocado

Gotta go fast!!!!!11

• Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:41 PM

I'm happy you're happy but you cannot seriously believe that "Metroid" (oh god why) game is good because it's getting a lot of negatives on Youtube, a place where even godawful Hyrule Warriors is well recieved.

Not seriously, you can't.

#41 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:42 PM

I'm happy you're happy but you cannot seriously believe that "Metroid" (oh god why) game is good because it's getting a lot of negatives on Youtube, a place where even godawful Hyrule Warriors is well recieved.

I agree with you on that one, for me Metroid isn't the best but it is also not the worst. For all the other games though, they're great :D

#42 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:42 PM

Can't say I was happy with Nintendo, but not mad/upset at them either. I really did like Starfox Zero and Yoshi's Wooly World. I'm skeptical about Triforce Heroes. But otherwise? I just don't care as much for the other titles. At least Nintendo gave it their all... well... they could have shown off another teaser for Zelda U... :whistle:

Honestly though, I'm glad Nintendo didn't try making it feel too lazy and unfun. The muppets made me chuckle to say the least. But I got to say, Sony impressed me more. Haven't seen Microsoft yet so can't judge fully.

• Jared likes this

#43 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:45 PM

Well, that Digital Event was disappointing. It started off good with Star Fox Zero, then started to sink over the news of DK and Bowser in Skylanders, and never really recovered.

Good:

+Star Fox Zero.

+Hyrule Warriors 3DS (even though everyone knew about it already).

Bad:

-Some of the games that I actually do have interest in (like Hyrule Warriors 3DS and Fire Emblem Fates) won't come out until 2016.

-A lot of underwhelming reveals (A Metroid Prime game....that has nothing to do with Metroid! Animal Crossing Mario Party! And speaking of Mario, too much of him in terms of games, the site, and video of various people in Mario costumes or playing Mario Music).

In other words, the event was pretty much forgettable.

Edited by KEM64, 16 June 2015 - 01:54 PM.

• Jared likes this

#44 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:48 PM

1: Just because some people on YouTube (who haven't even played it yet, or even know more about it than what was in the trailer for that matter) said it's going to be bad, doesn't mean it actually will be.

2: What's with all this hate for Hyrule Warriors?  I enjoyed the game quite a bit.  What don't you like about it?

#45 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:14 PM

No, I'm sad about most of those things. :blah:

I never really had much interest in SMTxFE to begin with, so I have no opinion there. Hyrule Warriors I enjoy as no more than mindless fun, but I'll be disappointed if we can't get the Wind Waker characters on the Wii U version without having to buy the 3DS version, cuz I won't do that. Yoshi's Woolly World actually looks fun, whereas the other YI games looked like direct knockoffs, but Kirby's Epic Yarn was so boring to me, so I dunno if the devs stepped up their effort with this one. Triforce Heroes isn't actually a Four Swords game, but I'm... well, I'll just get it and see how it turns out. I've already stated that Federation Force is a disappointment, but mostly for the timing rather than the game itself, and at least it's not one of the major studios developing it. And my only concern about Star Fox Zero is the camera looks like it's locked in awkward angles often, so let's hope that changes.

As for Mario, it's just been too long since Galaxy 2. 2010 to be specific. 3D Land and 3D World are okay, but they don't scratch the same itch. I need a new star-collecting adventure in the Mario series, but at this rate I might just have to patiently wait for Yooka-Laylee instead.

• Jared likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users