http://www.mediafire...ock m1- s4d.qst

• Anthus and Lüt like this

#77 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:03 AM

Think I'll go ahead and claim the next screen.

#78 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:19 AM

Done.

cEUBXFs.png

https://www.dropbox....1- s1A.qst?dl=1

• Lüt likes this

#79 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:07 AM

[CLAIM 2-32]

...aaand here we go:

1sm-lut-m2-s32.png

Quest: https://drive.google...-ef6tkpqyOpTNgn (and text link)

I also added some combos to the "Favorite Combos" index, in case anybody prefers those. I tried to pick the ones that were most foundational to basic screen design. If you disagree, you've got 7 spaces in which to do it :P

Edited by Lüt, 25 April 2018 - 06:47 AM.

#80 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:11 AM

Just a question: Which version is it we're using?

Also, I'm planning on making a screen, but I won't claim quite yet. No time for now, and I don't want to stop the workflow

Also also, can we just randomly start other dungeons? My current idea doesn't include that, but I just want to know.

And, finally, I'm assuming that in terms of music, we're stuck with MIDI and zelda.nsf? Or can we use other enhanced music, as long as we give a link to that?

EDIT: I'm considering mining the quest for some of the custom combos (specifically 1535). Is that all right with people?

Also, how are people with profanity? (again, no plans, but good to get these things straight)

Edited by klop422, 25 April 2018 - 08:19 AM.

#81 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:15 AM

Just a question: Which version is it we're using?

Version of ZC?

I think 2.50.2 is the standard, but I personally use the latest 2.53 betas, as the zquest editor is significantly more stable and it's (meant to be) perfectly back-compatible with 2.50.2.

If you mean quest version, it's whichever the last person posts.

#82 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:21 AM

I meant ZC version. Thanks.

Also, I asked a bunch of edited questions without realising you'd replied, so...

#83 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:50 AM

Also, I asked a bunch of edited questions without realising you'd replied, so...

Oh :P

Well, in that case...

Also also, can we just randomly start other dungeons? My current idea doesn't include that, but I just want to know.

I think so.

This is where it would be good to have an overall quest scope.

My suggestion would be to aim for a 3-triforce quest - the smallest possible "complete" option - and go from there if interest continues.

So I'd figure we should be good to start at least 2 different dungeons as levels 2 and 3. That seems the best number between enough-for-variety and too-many-to-complete.

And it's not like they have to be massive, so even if interest wanes, they can still get done relatively quickly between only a few people.

And, finally, I'm assuming that in terms of music, we're stuck with MIDI and zelda.nsf? Or can we use other enhanced music, as long as we give a link to that?

Dimentio already added some new music. Unless people complain, I'd figure it's fine.

However, I would suggest some kind of notation-based format. Attaching large MP3s/OGGs to the project seems a bit much at this point.

EDIT: I'm considering mining the quest for some of the custom combos (specifically 1535). Is that all right with people?

Everything I put in here is done with the assumption that it's up for grabs.

Still, I believe that particular one is Dimentio's, so that's up to him.

But going forward, I would also suggest that people contribute to the project on the basis that contributions are open to everybody.

Also, how are people with profanity? (again, no plans, but good to get these things straight)

With all the top-rank and popular quests that don't use it, I'm sure this one can get by without it too.

Anyway, I say all that, but it's really peteandwally's project, so he (they?) should be the one(s) to give final clarification.

#84 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:57 AM

However, I would suggest some kind of notation-based format. Attaching large MP3s/OGGs to the project seems a bit much at this point.

Yeah, I was considering using some of the .nsf files I have kicking around. But, since he's already put MIDIs in, I feel like that would perhaps not quite fit together well.

#85 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:59 AM

They might not fit together perfectly well.

But, that's kind of the nature of the project in the first place :P

#86 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 25 April 2018 - 09:37 AM

With all the top-rank and popular quests that don't use it, I'm sure this one can get by without it too.

Quite a few ones use minor swearing, and I believe the open beta of Link's Quest for Canada (made by one of Pure's staff) outright has a few f-bombs, as well as other swears. Most people don't add swearing because it wouldn't add anything to their quest, but if you want to add swearing, you should be fine. We're already going to have to slap a content warning on this for "wildly inconsistent gameplay, do not play if you have heart issues, are at risk of seizure, or are pregnant". :P

The background cloud tiles are from QLC: Classic Expanded by Cukeman. He submit it to the Creation Showcase #1, if you want to check it out. The walkable cloud tiles are an edit I made of Shane's Sanctuary Tree cloud tiles. If you want those you should ask him, but IIRC he made all ST's tiles open source.

EDIT: Oh, and claimed, btw.

Edited by Dimentio, 25 April 2018 - 09:44 AM.

#87 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:13 AM

Yeah, I had no plans for swearing, but some things just can't be said without at least a 'damn' (which I don't consider a proper swear, though it's close, like 'crap').

• Deedee likes this

#88 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:42 PM

This is going really well! I'm happy to see everyone pitching in. Of the decisions being made about rules, all I care about is playability in the end.

That said, let's avoid profanity to allow more players to try the project and laugh at how crazy it gets.

Please, continue! I'll post some screens when my time frees up next week.

~pnw

• Anthus and Lüt like this

#89 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:55 PM

The only thing I'm pressing for is not using the ladder for reasons outlined previously. A compromise could be having it only work in dungeons, but yeah, the ladder + walkable water + raft = no bueno.
  • Deedee likes this

#90 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:31 PM

That said, let's avoid profanity to allow more players to try the project and laugh at how crazy it gets.

That's fair. Would we be allowed a 'damn' if it comes to it?

Edited by klop422, 25 April 2018 - 03:31 PM.

• Deedee likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users