Help with "A New Adventure"

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

Whistle is in the dungeon, but you don't need it to kill those blades. Think about what other purple monsters were weak against.

#62 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

Got to level 9 but ran out of keys. Did I miss the magic key somewhere? Or did I screw myself by not going through the doors in the right order?

#63 jsm116

jsm116

Script kludger

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

There is no magic key in the game. There should have been enough keys no matter which way you went, but I will recheck to make sure.

Shoot. I just realized it is possible to run out if you go up and right from the first wizzrobe room before you go left. I'll be fixing that in the next release. Thanks for pointing it out! I will say that you don't -need- to go either right or left to make it through level 9, just up.

Edited by jsm116, 26 October 2013 - 07:03 PM.

#64 Spelunker

Spelunker

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

There is no magic key in the game. There should have been enough keys no matter which way you went, but I will recheck to make sure.

Shoot. I just realized it is possible to run out if you go up and right from the first wizzrobe room before you go left. I'll be fixing that in the next release. Thanks for pointing it out! I will say that you don't -need- to go either right or left to make it through level 9, just up.

Well... I can't go up now, don't have enough keys.

#65 jsm116

jsm116

Script kludger

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

If you pick up the first keyring and go to the right, completing that whole side you should end with 1 key. If you go left you should end with two or three. Try killing everything, pushing blocks, & blowing up things with cracks in them. The key is there.

#66 Spelunker

Spelunker

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

If you pick up the first keyring and go to the right, completing that whole side you should end with 1 key. If you go left you should end with two or three. Try killing everything, pushing blocks, & blowing up things with cracks in them. The key is there.

I can't finish the right or the left now that I'm out of keys.

#67 jsm116

jsm116

Script kludger

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

To anyone other than Spelunker--please consider whether or not you wish to read this section. There are major spoilers for the last dungeon that may take away from your gameplay experience.

Spoiler

Like I said, I'm going to be fixing the key numbers in the next revision. Sorry you're having a buggy experience :(

Edited by jsm116, 27 October 2013 - 11:44 AM.

#68 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

I haven't played in a while now I can't remember were each level is located without level names.  Help where is level 5 and where can I find the hookshot?

Is there a map that shows where each level is located at?

#69 Spelunker

Spelunker

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

To anyone other than Spelunker--please consider whether or not you wish to read this section. There are major spoilers for the last dungeon that may take away from your gameplay experience.

Spoiler

Like I said, I'm going to be fixing the key numbers in the next revision. Sorry you're having a buggy experience :(

I didn't finsh the right side before I went to the left side. So I guess I'll have to start the quest over.

#70 jsm116

jsm116

Script kludger

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

... that's odd. The left side is the one with more keys. I'm really not sure how there weren't enough. I will def. be overhauling level 9 in the revision.

#71 Spelunker

Spelunker

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

... that's odd. The left side is the one with more keys. I'm really not sure how there weren't enough. I will def. be overhauling level 9 in the revision.

Ok, I'll wait for the revision before restarting this quest.

#72 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

I finished it.  I'll post a review soon.  Very unique experience with the leveling up system and the magic spells.  Two questions- Is the best tunic in the quest?  Does L9 have a lower level like the other levels?

#73 jsm116

jsm116

Script kludger

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

Spoiler

#74 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

Where was it?  I thought I had found all of the sword and armor upgrades, but I guess not.

#75 jsm116

jsm116

Script kludger

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users