• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 10 March 2006 - 06:23 PM

What the.. 0.o..

I dunno how I can help you then. Or, why you can't access screenshots. Is it because you have Dial-up or some slow connection?

#32 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 10 March 2006 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(IceFox @ Mar 10 2006, 04:32 PM)
Well, umm... I can't send screenshots... icon_sweat.gif  I can't access imageshack or anything like that... icon_sweat.gif

View Post

icon_unsettled.gif

Hmm...Slow Connection or just don't know how? If you can't summit screenshots then how are you going to be able to realese your quest?

#33 Sacred Nym

Sacred Nym

Wizard

• Members

Posted 10 March 2006 - 08:56 PM

Why can't you access imageshack? No one will download a game without screenies seen first.

However if worst comes to worst send me a PM and I'll give you a hand with this.

#34 Skipper

Skipper

Magus

• Members

Posted 10 March 2006 - 10:55 PM

Try using Filespace. Just upload the pictures on there, and your set to go.

#35 Mikado

Mikado

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:18 PM

PhotoBucket works o.k. too... Btw, could I get some criteria on this shot? Not too sure 'bout it...user posted image

#36 Sacred Nym

Sacred Nym

Wizard

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 11:16 PM

The only thing I'd say that could be improved is those ducks. They'll look pretty stupid just flapping their wings in one place. Otherwise I like it icon_thumbsup.gif

#37 skateboarder11

skateboarder11

Adept

• Members

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:52 PM

I'm pretty sure IceFox is under parental controls that block imageshack for some bizarre reason. o_O

#38 Sacred Nym

Sacred Nym

Wizard

• Members

Posted 17 March 2006 - 04:48 PM

user posted image

How can I improve this shot? It's seems like it's missing something...

Edited by Questions, 17 March 2006 - 04:48 PM.

#39 skateboarder11

skateboarder11

Adept

• Members

Posted 17 March 2006 - 05:13 PM

Flowers, maybe...?

#40 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 17 March 2006 - 11:41 PM

I'm not that great at making screens look very good, but here's what I think.

xXVolvagiaXx: Questions , I think those ducks are enemies so they're moving around. I don't know about those bushes on the cliff though unless you add some trees, rocks or something. everything else looks great.

Questions: I think you should spread more grass around in the more plain spots and also add some flowers. To me the center somehow looks more busy than the rest of the screen. You might might to try moving a few trees around too.

Now I need some help too, but not with an overworld screen.
user posted image
1. What can I do to do to make a waterfall look right with that shallow water. The overworld waterfall definatly doesn't go with the dungeon shallow water.
2. What other details could I add to make the screen look better or more interesting? Most of the walkable area is shallow water so I can't think of anything to add that with fit with the screen. I might just redo the whole screen.

Edited by Link75, 17 March 2006 - 11:42 PM.

#41 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 17 March 2006 - 11:53 PM

I don't think you'll find a waterfall that really fits with the shallow water
because the water isn't flowing.
There's one waterfall that might look slightly better:
the one Radien used in the first dungeon seen in the DoR demo (so it should be in the DoR tileset).

Edited by Mighty Darknut, 17 March 2006 - 11:54 PM.

#42 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 18 March 2006 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE(Link75 @ Mar 17 2006, 11:41 PM)
I'm not that great at making screens look very good, but here's what I think.

xXVolvagiaXx: Questions , I think those ducks are enemies so they're moving around. I don't know about those bushes on the cliff though unless you add some trees, rocks or something. everything else looks great.

Questions: I think you should spread  more grass around in the more plain spots and also add some flowers. To me the center somehow looks more busy than the rest of the screen. You might might to try moving a few trees around too.

Now I need some help too, but not with an overworld screen.
user posted image
1. What can I do to do to make a waterfall look right with that shallow water. The overworld waterfall definatly doesn't go with the dungeon shallow water.
2. What other details could I add to make the screen look better or more interesting? Most of the walkable area is shallow water so I can't think of anything to add that with fit with the screen. I might just redo the whole screen.

View Post

don't redo the whole screen. I like the freeform shape of it. Try making some simple rock tiles and adding them on layer 1. Also, add some layered vines on the wall to add texture. As for the waterfall, try what Mighty Darknut said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users