Photo

Mike's Fun House

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#46 oloasp

oloasp

• Members

Posted 05 November 2019 - 04:39 PM

The icon on the item selection screen contains both the bow and the arrow, so I should have both (even though I cannot remeber if I have actually found both). But after buying or picking up arrows I still have 0 and cannot fire.

Ok, figured it out, I needed the bow, arrow, bought the "pickup arrows" - thing, and also a quiver

#47 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:33 PM

I have to say, the surfing lava maze is so beyond ridiculous that it pretty much ruins the quest for me.  50 attempts so far, and each one ends because it's so non-responsive.  It gives about a tenth of a second window to push the correct direction and if not, oh well - start all over from the beginning.

I'm going to give it about 50 more tries.  If I can't get past it, I'll have to stop playing this quest.

#48 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:56 PM

I have found 4 of the 5 keys I need in Future World.  Have no idea where the fifth might be.  Not asking for a hint just yet.

Edit:  I had to look it up I'm spreading out my playing of this so much that I keep forgetting basic quest rules (blue = good).

Edited by SofaKing, 10 November 2019 - 06:51 PM.

#49 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 10 November 2019 - 07:26 PM

I have to say, the surfing lava maze is so beyond ridiculous that it pretty much ruins the quest for me.  50 attempts so far, and each one ends because it's so non-responsive.  It gives about a tenth of a second window to push the correct direction and if not, oh well - start all over from the beginning.

I'm going to give it about 50 more tries.  If I can't get past it, I'll have to stop playing this quest.

Do you play with the keyboard or with a controller? The lava maze is much easier with a keyboard. Also, for most of the maze, you can just hold down a direction far before you turn and Link will turn in the direction you hold.

If you do quit the quest, I hope you at least enjoyed yourself up to that point.

#50 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 11 November 2019 - 01:02 PM

Yloh I'm not quitting but for now I'm taking a break at L7.  The platforming is just too frustrating where if you fail you generally have to start over from the beginning.  If you added some warps so that once a player does a particularly tricky jump sequence once, they didn't have to repeat it over and over every time they failed or got hit by the wind cyclone, it would make the level a LOT less frustrating.  I honestly really enjoyed Levels 5 and 6 and even the future and space areas outside the level but L7 is where the frustrating vs. fun scale is tipping the wrong way.  IMHO.  

#51 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 11 November 2019 - 04:11 PM

Yloh I'm not quitting but for now I'm taking a break at L7.  The platforming is just too frustrating where if you fail you generally have to start over from the beginning.  If you added some warps so that once a player does a particularly tricky jump sequence once, they didn't have to repeat it over and over every time they failed or got hit by the wind cyclone, it would make the level a LOT less frustrating.  I honestly really enjoyed Levels 5 and 6 and even the future and space areas outside the level but L7 is where the frustrating vs. fun scale is tipping the wrong way.  IMHO.  

Update

I added a simple block that lets you bypass a lot of the frustrating platforming. Is the area you are talking about the moving turrets that shoot wind?

For the lava maze part, I removed some mines to help people who don't use the keyboard.

For those of you who have escaped my fun house. There is a bonus level and a super boss now! To access it: first defeat Mike, go to the credits section, press down, and you will be warped to the DLC level! The bonus level is very trollish and the super boss is very unfair. No using your dolls during that battle.

If you deleted your file, use the quest reward to pump yourself up and warp to Heaven or Hell DMap 55 Screen 5. Make sure you have the level 10 boss key equipped.

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#52 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 11 November 2019 - 07:53 PM

Do you play with the keyboard or with a controller? The lava maze is much easier with a keyboard. Also, for most of the maze, you can just hold down a direction far before you turn and Link will turn in the direction you hold.

If you do quit the quest, I hope you at least enjoyed yourself up to that point.

No, I play with keyboard. I found it unusable and the penalty for failure too harsh and frustrating. It's a shame because I have to say I absolutely loved everything about level 1.

#53 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 November 2019 - 08:45 PM

I personally find using a controller is a lot more enjoyable for ZC in general. I recommend a Logitec USB gamepad. But I assume you tried already?

No, I play with keyboard. I found it unusable and the penalty for failure too harsh and frustrating. It's a shame because I have to say I absolutely loved everything about level 1.

Try to push through. The rest of the quest is amazing. But expect a LOT of trollish deaths
You need patience more than anything....maybe too much of it....but the reward is well worth it.
(speaking as one who wanted to rage quit about 300 times throughout)

Edited by Epsalon ZX, 11 November 2019 - 08:47 PM.

• SofaKing likes this

#54 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Vanice in DFS' heart

• Members

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:48 AM

Spoiler

Edited by Stray Sheep, 12 November 2019 - 07:50 AM.

#55 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 12 November 2019 - 10:15 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edit: This is my 666 post!

Edited by Yloh, 12 November 2019 - 10:16 AM.

• DarkFlameSheep and Epsalon ZX like this

#56 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Vanice in DFS' heart

• Members

Posted 13 November 2019 - 10:51 PM

Oops, I should show it before said such thing. Is it a bug or not?

Edit: A bag was already fixed, so I deleted that video. 

Edited by Stray Sheep, 18 November 2019 - 10:14 AM.

#57 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:28 AM

Lol, that is a bug.

#58 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Vanice in DFS' heart

• Members

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:12 PM

This is the true final (probably) battle in MFH.

Spoiler

Edited by Stray Sheep, 14 November 2019 - 07:45 PM.

• Yloh and Lordkronos like this

#59 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 16 November 2019 - 12:17 PM

This is the true final (probably) battle in MFH.

Spoiler

I thought i had beaten the game but were was this Boss were there still a secret in the Dlc Dungeon ? ether way it remains me a lot of Omega Flowey :D

• DarkFlameSheep likes this

#60 Amatsu

Amatsu

• Members

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:42 PM

I thought i had beaten the game but were was this Boss were there still a secret in the Dlc Dungeon ? ether way it remains me a lot of Omega Flowey :D

It's newly added content. Good luck, you'll need it.

• Lordkronos likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users