Annoying Things People Say/Do.

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#121 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:59 PM

It's a specific one , but when people say "Generation 5 of Pokemon sucked because of the ice cream pokemon and the garbage pokemon".

Now, i don't mind if people hate Gen 5, i have my own issues with this gen, but saying that a whole new generation of pokemon sucked because of two specific lines of pokemon is pretty ridiculous to me.

#122 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 23 February 2016 - 01:08 AM

It's a specific one , but when people say "Generation 5 of Pokemon sucked because of the ice cream pokemon and the garbage pokemon".

Now, i don't mind if people hate Gen 5, i have my own issues with this gen, but saying that a whole new generation of pokemon sucked because of two specific lines of pokemon is pretty ridiculous to me.

When they say a whole generation sucked because of the ice cream and garbage pokemon, I wonder if they use those pokemon as the highlights for their complaints. Still, it is really frustrating when such comments arise. Worse yet is the people who constantly pander on the games and picking on any flaw it has ad infinitum.

Though Gen V is no longer the subject of really intense hatred it got 4-5 years ago nowadays with Gen VI copping the flak for things like Mega Evolutions.

Edited by Orithan, 23 February 2016 - 01:10 AM.

#123 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 February 2016 - 01:19 AM

Speaking of Pokémon here's one that annoys me: getting called a genwunner for just simply liking generation 1 the most. Because having an opinion makes you an idiot (based on Google search results). I understand there are people out there that say the newer generations suck for stupid and petty reasons, but does every single person who likes the earliest generation have to be painted as some nostalgia blinded idiot? That in itself seems petty and immature of the newer generation fans.
  • Dark Ice Dragon likes this

#124 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:15 PM

I hate more simple graphics a lot, they clearly have a charm to it and I have to admit many more detailed modern (Zelda)-Games also bring many new details I am not fond of, but games like the classic zelda or pokemon generation 1 just hurt my eyes. Having said that, the warped and twisted pokemon models of the first generation are by far the greatest looking ones and the limited amount of types, attacks and pokemon clearly make it the best generation indeed i think.

In my youth I played a lot of pokemon, mostly gold and leafgreen, but I really think these games are far too slow. I mean I had a bit of problems in my youth and anything keeping me away from reality was fine for me - so the long battle duration was a plus for me - but these days even emulated with the highest speed the games have some parts that are just soo slow. Also the last games I played were White/Black and I did not like the story, too shallow to be interesting and to "dark" to be enjoyable. Also, to get back to the topic is that I am really annoyed how people always want to update/improve great existing games (like pokemon) but are neither OK with just simple recycling games (too keep the spirit) nor with overthrowing a messed up series.

For example with Pokemon, this could be a nice game where you play with your favourite pokemon in your favourite way and battle online for fun, but so far I realized Pokemon can get pretty hard without the internet these days, so many pokemon that you have no overview anymore, EVs, DVs, multiple abilities, personalities, attacks you can only get through breeding, teaching... And the worst, pokemon are so unbelanced these days that even in the normal game pokemon like Butterfree need a huge amount of extralevels to keep up with your other team - not that this would really matter for a good team, but what if you play only with such weaklings.

Also I have an aunt and an uncle that have a really limited view on the world, luckily they have near to nothing to do anymore with us, but they annoy me soo much. Like playing games is only for dumb kids looking at me as I am a complete failure in beeing a human only because I like them, also instead of saying it out loud just giving you these pitiful looks... I remember how my parents had their 25th marriage and they (my aun/uncle) made fun of all the other guest being not dressed well enough for the situation instead of realizing them to be just completly overdressed... Also, after not seeing me for over two years on my fathers birthday, pretty much the first thing they did to me was asking if I am still a virgin?!

Edited by Naru, 26 February 2016 - 12:18 PM.

#125 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:07 PM

Wen people say "Pokemon ripped off Digimon with Mega Evolution." 

Let's get one thing straight: Digimon didn't invented the concept of something powering up to a stronger form through a device. A lot of shows like Super Sentai, Power Rangers and several others use the same concept. This is an extremely common thing in anime and manga.

So no, Pokemon didn't ripped off Digimon with Mega Evolution.

Edited by Norzan, 11 March 2016 - 06:07 PM.

#126 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:37 PM

Pokemon may have had the better games from common consensus, but Digimon most definitely had the better anime, so, it's whatever, lol.

• Dark Ice Dragon likes this

#127 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:18 PM

I met a girl at the subway exit , this girl looked me whit bad eyes whitout any reason and  said " what are you doing here ! What's your name ?? " she said it in a tone that I did not like at all and I reply " what do you care of what is my name ?" she simply replied " Give me a cigarette ! " and then i reply " I have nothing for you!!" Then I left annoyed but she keep follow me, to the bus stop,  but when she noticed that the driver was looking her she go away.

I asked the driver if he knew that girl and he told me that she is a weird girl who likes to bother those who pass by there.

Edited by Dark Ice Dragon, 24 March 2016 - 05:25 PM.

#128 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:22 AM

A thing I really dislike is people pushing their lifestyle onto you on purpose while they are fully aware of provoking you. I am mostly cooking for myself, also not really healthy, my cleaning abilities also need a urgent update. I would change that if I would live with someone else or at least had company sometimes, but it does not really bother me for myself and I also just do not know how to do many things regarding housework. It is understandable since my skill in these things is below-average, but I can't hear the "someone of your age should be able to do so" anymore, especially if they don't want to explain to me how I can do better.

An even bigger problem for me is the intense meaning of looks and sex these days. I do not have money for fancy clothes, I have no knowledge of styling and no endurance to get my hair in form (my hairdresser said I have a rare and rebellious kind) and since I am not good looking I have zero interest in styling myself up. Also though I am a bit frustrated at times I am fine with having no sex and if I should never have any, that is fine with me, too. People tend to say these are the most important things I have to change about myself and that really annoys me. Furthermore I am told often I should just try to have casual sex, I know this is normal these days but sex without feelings is something I am just not interested in. I have a good amount of problems I have to resolve (like work and friendship) and can't see how my looks and my sex life could be more important. I know it is just the way society works, but it annoys me soo much.

• KingPridenia and Dark Ice Dragon like this

#129 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:17 PM

When people are just in general hardcore jerks then make you out to be the bad guy because you get offended or don't want to do anything for them. I'm mostly referring to the one-way people. Gimme gimme gimme, yet you'd have better luck training a duck to speak English than getting them to do anything for you. They only come around when they want something, but if you would ask for anything, it's a problem. Or if you turn them down, they try to make you sound like you're in the wrong. I work too hard to just hand money to a loser that can't be asked to earn anything for himself/herself. I mean sure, if the person is reputable, fine. I've helped my father with money shortages before. But sadly, most people in my family outside of my parents and brother would just take it and use you for all you're worth.

Not sure if I mentioned this one before, but those people that always have to one up you annoy me too. Especially if they always have to have something better than you to feel good about themselves and put you down because what you have isn't as good.

• Dark Ice Dragon and MaeioParty like this

#130 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:51 PM

recently in my country is broadcast a talk show about topics so stupid and useless that label it as garbage is a compliment , but that's not what bothers me,It bothers the people who blindly believes the crap that are said in this show...but they are not capable of thinking with their brain? 

#131 Bill Nye the Russian Spy

Bill Nye the Russian Spy

БИЛЛ БИЛЛ БИЛЛ БИЛЛ

• Members

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:26 PM

Thinking is haaaaaaaard. It's much easier to just listen to the experts (or whoever calls themselves such). /s
  • Cukeman likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users