Nibiru

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#31 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:22 PM

This is some awesomely stupid ''logic''...
Everyone of you that thinks that ''logic'' is the only way you can explain stuff... are... a little less bright.

Logic is a human invented term.There IS no such thing as logic... Why can't a man fly? Because another man says he can't... Why does the man need to believe the other man? Because the other man told him about ''logic''... which is a dumb theory... just like you say this planet is...
This planet may exist... maybe it's not near eath at all... maybe it is? But humans can't see it... hmm...
Dudes, just shut up about all that logic things.... You should know better after all the events that has happened not only early, but also things that has been written bout a long time ago... We live in a reality... this reality does NOT involve ''logic''...
Screw logic... it sucks anyways...

#32 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:17 PM

Hmmm. Okay, a search on Wikipedia brought Nibiru up as a "hypothetical planet," with no tangible evidence of even its existence. It doesn't have its own article, but shows up as part of a larger article on an author named Zecharia Sitchin, whom himself disagrees with the supposed "Planet X sighting." That says a lot there.

If a whole freakin' planet were on a collision course towards earth, I think scientists would have more than enough time to chart its course in the skies. No government on earth has a valid motive to hide that from its people, much less the rest of the world, even if they could hide it. They say that even an asteroid big enough to bring about a new ice age would be easy to detect long before it reached us. 1/4th the size of the sun in the sky? You wouldn't need an obscure internet site to tell people about something like that.

About the Mayan calendar: one thing to keep in mind is that at any given point in history, there have been multiple major sources predicting that the end was near. As humans, we are constantly interested in predicting the end of civilization, and there have been as many "guesses" as there have been days on our calendars. It's also very easy to attribute events to the "end times." Any given era will have its own share of catastrophies that could be twisted to fit some ancient prophecy.

So far, I see no reason to believe this is anything but a hoax being utilized to help fools part with their money. At least this time the hoax wasn't perpetrated by the original author...I can't say the same about Scientology.

However, I did come across something more interesting in the article: the hypothetical planet of Nibiru is sometimes referred to as Marduk. In the first Wild Arms game, there is a moon-sized orbital satellite capable of destroying all civilization on the planet's surface, and its name is "Malduke." icon_biggrin.gif A typical localization error -- switching the R to an L and adding an E at the end to aid pronunciation -- but now I know where they got the name from.

#33 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Feb 22 2008, 08:17 PM) View Post
However, I did come across something more interesting in the article: the hypothetical planet of Nibiru is sometimes referred to as Marduk. In the first Wild Arms game, there is a moon-sized orbital satellite capable of destroying all civilization on the planet's surface, and its name is "Malduke." icon_biggrin.gif A typical localization error -- switching the R to an L and adding an E at the end to aid pronunciation -- but now I know where they got the name from.

Actually, Marduk was originally a Babylonian god. That one does have its own entry.

#34 trucky5

trucky5

"WHAT KIND ARE THEY?" THEY'RE GUATIBALIAN!

• Members

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:41 AM

Ok, i'm sorry guys but this makes sense to me. I believe that there could be a 10th planet, and that the Apocalypse could happen in 2012 considering it fits with the bible. I don't believe there would be any aliens though... But sorry I can't just believe all websites so I also have a hunch this ISN'T real. So i'm kinda neutral about it. I will start preparing for 2012 with the mindset that this very well is probably not true, but it doesn't hurt to prepare anyway right? Just my thoughts

EDIT: I found something shocking on NASA's website describing the same orbit and mass on Jupiter and all that stuff EXCEPT they are orbiting different sun-like stars in other constellations but follow the same orbit as described in the first post.

Read it for yourself, its more towards the bottom

http://www.nasa.gov/..._worldbook.html

Edited by trucky5, 23 February 2008 - 01:08 AM.

#35 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 23 February 2008 - 06:09 AM

Well... I see why this is hard to believe for some folks... but is it that impossile? That humanity will end?
It will happen... how, I do not dare to say, as I don't know... But somthing big is gonna happen... and soon too...

Now... I don't really support the theory of a planet X... but I do think that it is possible that the world might end soon...
Though, Nostradamus (spelled right?) predicted that humanity will end because of water... as far as I knoiw, he only said ''water''...that might mean alot of things...
Like, it might mean that the water level will drown us... or that we will drink ''bad'' water... like, the water has been poisoned by our foul acts...
And that last thing, is actually what happens in a book I'm planning on writing icon_razz.gif

#36 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 February 2008 - 06:15 AM

Like, it might mean that the water level will drown us... or that we will drink ''bad'' water... like, the water has been poisoned by our foul acts...

Well, that explains about stuff all in my case. Mind you, half of Australia has been getting a drenching in the last week, and part of Queensland did get flooded..

Mind you, my state, good old South Australia has received not even enough water in the last month to fill a shot glass. The eastern and western states are getting wet, and the middle two states are getting nothing! So if water has anything to do with me, it'll be lack of.

#37 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 23 February 2008 - 06:42 AM

Well, sure... we might die because of a lack of water too...

#38 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:42 AM

Oh well, the Wiki page made for quite interesting reading, even though it doesn't particularily credible.

#39 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 23 February 2008 - 09:59 AM

Let us wait 3 billion years

Alternatively, if that's too long for some of you, an asteroid will come into the solar system in 800-ish years and it has our name on it. The YouTube video isn't available, though.

#40 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:04 AM

Please stop wasting your time waiting for the world to end. Nostradamus is not someone you want to take seriously. If you write as many "predictions" as he did, eventually you'll get some right. If he really was a prophet we would have been able to figure out that Hitler was the Hister he talked about, or that the 9/11 attacks were going to happen. Why people think there is any real standing behind any of his predictions I'll never know.

I don't mean to demean you're thoughts or anything, but just let me assure you that the worlds not out to get you, and chances are, if you spend your life waiting for something big to happen, it won't. Small little things that seem big will happen, Iraq War, American Idol, etc., but nothing apocalyptic.

As far as planet X goes, the man who's theory is the most cited for it's defense even admits it probably doesn't exist. And as I said earlier, if the planet comes around every 3600 years, why haven't we been hit before?

#41 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 23 February 2008 - 04:35 PM

Geez, doomsayers are coming up with everything nowadays. I thought it was a hoax as soon as I started reading it. Besides, the Mayans just predicted a "major change" would happen in 2012, and as far as we know, it's gonna be a positive one... icon_shrug.gif

QUOTE(Majora @ Feb 23 2008, 06:59 AM) View Post
Alternatively, if that's too long for some of you, an asteroid will come into the solar system in 800-ish years and it has our name on it.

When you think about it, in 800-ish years we'll be so advanced that we could just shoot a huge laser at it or something...and even if we can't, chances are we'll have colonies on other planets by then, anyway... icon_rolleyes.gif

#42 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 23 February 2008 - 06:25 PM

WHY CAN'T YOU BELIEVE THAT IT IS A PISSIBILLITY?!
Dudes... This is... total rubbish... one day, you'll see...

#43 Eurysilas

Eurysilas

Paladin

• Members

Posted 23 February 2008 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle)
WHY CAN'T YOU BELIEVE THAT IT IS A PISSIBILLITY?!

Because, there is no proof?

#44 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE(zmaster @ Feb 23 2008, 09:35 PM) View Post
and as far as we know, it's gonna be a positive one... icon_shrug.gif

That'd be nice.
The world isn't often nice though.

#45 Skipper

Skipper

Magus

• Members

Posted 23 February 2008 - 09:25 PM

Is there any proof? No. Nothing besides a prediction an old guy came up with a couple thousand years ago. And even then, it's just a prediction. Without physical proof that there's a 10'th planet brewin' somewhere out there that'll crash to Earth in 2012, I refuse to believe such a thing exists. NASA doesn't talk about it. It's not on the news.

'Nuff said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users