Hurricane Katrina

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic

#76 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 10:05 AM

I will be the first to volunteer not to post anything else in this topic. Of course if I had the power, I would close this topic right now. Everything that I wanted to say has been said. I have no interest in having the last word, and I know that I won't. I just hope this topic doesn't end in a flaming dark cloud, but that is not for me to determine.

#77 Top Kirby

Top Kirby

Doyen(ne)

• Banned

Posted 05 September 2005 - 11:27 AM

Yeah, I've said what I had to say now too. Go ahead and close the topic if you wish. This is over and done with in my opinion as well.

#78 Ariana

Ariana

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:05 PM

Dude, people. O_o

Anyway, back on topic...well, moreso than it was anyway...

Does anyone here live close enough to be involved with the refugee effort? I understand that refugees are being sent all over the country. I know my state is taking in about 1000 people. My alma mater is also offering a semester of free tuition to college students from the affected areas who need to find a new school. I've made a donation to the Red Cross and am trying to see what I can do about sending care packages to various people. I've also heard from online friends who live in Texas that are helping to host displaced families.

#79 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 11:02 PM

I read in the Star Tribune (St. Paul, Minnesota's news paper) that our state, Minnesota, will be taking in 2000 refugees. Schools are opening spots to account for the children, and homes are being found for these people. There is a family in my town, that drove all the way up here after their car was outta the water from it flooding down in New Orleans. Many people gave them money for them to drive up here, and be with family.

(Just a note, I'm not gonna close it just yet. I hope that this topic can die on it's own.)

#80 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE(the magical sword)
blaster_master, I would shut up if I were you. Hear this, they found a child floating on a dead parent(they couldn't tell if it is a mother or father) who was about 3 or 4. Yeah, you probably know how E. coli eats away at your skin and multiplies fast. Therefore, that parent saved his/her child by sacrificing his/herself. Now, what was that about Lake Orlean.  (Thank you TopKirby and Nicklegends for telling blaster_master off.) You just got burned, blaster_master. You better run to your sink to get coldwater for that burn.

That's flaming, don't do that again.

#81 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 04:56 PM

I live in Texas like 50000 people coming here and more everyday icon_frown.gif.

#82 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 05:07 PM

Teehee.. look at GQMR and whimper.. =o Donation links everywhere. :>

#83 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 05:23 PM

Sad story...

On Oprah, they were talking to this doctor that was "working" in the airport they converted into a hospital, and they said that they began to move the dying bodies into the morgue(sp?) with other dead bodies..

Now... I think a consentual lethal injection would serfice but no. We must protect the sanctity of life becuase it is so much better to stick these suffering people with corpses and make there final hours pure agony then to gently put them down... Now, can you understand why I hate Christain morals, not people and how they run this country?

I treat my ****ing dogs better than that!

I have made it clear that I do not hate the people themselves, I just ****ing hate what they believe/ stand for...

Edited by Tobias Daboi, 06 September 2005 - 05:25 PM.

#84 venom343

venom343

Senior

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 05:52 PM

More and more corpses are begining to surface from the water, and the found a bunch of ecoli<(not sure if its spelled right)in the water wich is really bad...

#85 Guest_the magical sword (Guest)

Guest_the magical sword (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2005 - 04:29 PM

Yeah, E. coli eats away at your skin and multiplies fast. Sorry, blaster_master and polygon8x. I didn't mean to go awol on you. I'm really worried about one of the first friends I made since I've moved to SC and he goes to New Orleans a lot. btw, Bush has a lot to blame for some of the damage (seriously). Some organization desired $105 mil for hurricane safety but he only gave them $40 mil when he paid over $200 bil for some highway. It wouldn't have stopped the hurricane to have a stronger wall, but it would've helped them a lot more. I think we really need to stop talking on this topic.

Edited by the magical sword, 07 September 2005 - 04:30 PM.

#86 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 07 September 2005 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE(the magical sword @ Sep 7 2005, 01:29 PM)
I think we really need to stop talking on this topic.

If we can talk maturely (which we are again), there's nothing wrong with topic... although, people have been posting the same stuff over and over again.

I would like to mention Kayne West's diologue on an NBC broadcast. Anyone else catch this either live or on the news?

#87 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 07 September 2005 - 06:15 PM

Tobias, it really makes me feel great that you think my religion is worthless ****, but not me. Thanks for that boost of self-esteem. </sarcasm>

Seriously, what the hell does Christianity have to do with this hurricane anyway?

This whole hurricane has been a joke. Bush didn't do **** about it fast enough. The media claimed that help was being sent, yet it took them like 4 days to get there. And of course, now we have to give money to Homeland Security so they can take away more of our civil liberties, and FEMA, who's right on top of things </sarcasm>, isn't doing crap.

And you know what? People have predicted that something like this would happen for years. And what did they do to protect themselves? Nothing. They did jack **** about it.

Let's face it, this whole hurricane is based on stupidity. You're living in a city that's below frigging sea level, and you do nothing to protect the city? And then of course, Bush being the genius he is, managed to screw this up and get even more people killed.

#88 venom343

venom343

Senior

• Members

Posted 07 September 2005 - 06:16 PM

Now there trying to evacuate everyone one in the city but some people STILL refuse to leave, come on people theres barely a city left to stay in for sh** sakes

Edited by venom343, 07 September 2005 - 06:17 PM.

#89 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 07 September 2005 - 07:46 PM

Tobias, it really makes me feel great that you think my religion is worthless ****, but not me. Thanks for that boost of self-esteem. </sarcasm>

You are so welcome icon_biggrin.gif.

But seriously, I was only pointing out one aspect of this horrible event, and using to justify my feelings of hatred. I agree with everything else you said though.

you know I feel soooo sorry for poor Bush. Man, thats really sucks that he had to cut his vacation short, huh...[/blatant sarcasm]

You know why bush hasn't done **** about this? Becuase they are a bunch of poor black people. Bush doesn't give two ****s about anybody if there is nothing in it for him... He rather fight a war for a bunch of pricks that hate our ****ing guts than stand up and be a leader in his own country. It is for this very that Bush has been avoiding fighting in Uganda. He doesn't give two ****s about them becuase they have no money or oil to offer us...

Also, you are right. This is all caused by stupidity... The stupidity of those true dumbass Bush supporters... If we had Kerry in office, we would have had him there in five hours, not five days! He would take this problem and deal with it. Also, We would not be in Iraq right now, so he would have time/ money to run his country, and takle this event.

#90 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:21 PM

Tobias, I hate to do this, but you really have to learn how to control your mouth. Please take this as an ultimatum.

... *Sigh* ... icon_rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users