Photo

So who here still plays quests?

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: A poll is fine too

How often do you play quests?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Why don't you play quests anymore/as much (for those to whom it applies)?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#76 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:36 AM

I'm not sure if I replied - forgive me if I had and sorry for being lazy and not checking all the pages besides the last one.

Anyhow, I've had no time to play quests as of late due to personal issues and focusing more on my project(s) which are now on major hiatus. I used to play a lot of quests and had a blast, I don't care if they feel, look or play out like another quest. We're not professional developers aiming to make unique games but fun experiences. Sure, we get quests that are so bad that they're funny - or just bad all together but to say they weren't made professionally because they look and feel the same is silly.

I really still need to play/finish some recent great games - The Hero's Memory, Promised Lands, 5th Quest Entries, Eddy's Troll Day - hell even most of the 2 week contest quests that were made mid 2013.

Edited by Charizard, 11 January 2014 - 04:47 AM.

#77 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

I play, but less often than I used to.  I find I'm getting harder and harder to please and fewer and fewer quests make me want to keep playing.  When I look back on quests I thought were great after first discovering ZC compared to my standards now it's not close.  When I look back at some of the works I gave 4 and 5-star ratings to, many I'd give 3 today.  Boring, linear dungeons make me sad.  So yes I play, but, I'm a lot pickier than I was 3 or 4 years ago.  

#78 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

I rarely Play games because I don't really like to play other peoples games + When I play games I get ideas to do on ZC that I don't even think I made up!

Edited by joelmacool12, 04 February 2014 - 03:06 PM.

• Shane likes this

#79 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

I rarely Play games because I don't really like to play other peoples games + When I play games I get ideas to do on ZC that I don't even think I made up!

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're saying here. If playing other people's quests gives you ideas for your own, why don't you play more other quests?

#80 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

@Moosh: My guess is he watches other people play quests and takes ideas from there? I don't know. That's my guess. I mean I really haven't played many myself, but a good number of my ideas I got from seeing things in people's Let's Plays and whatnot. I personally try to put my own spin on ideas, not blatantly rip them off. But then again, as FerentzRocks pointed out, times have changed. It's a lot more difficult now to be original. Like he said, even with the first one I made, back around the time I made it, I thought it was a 5/5 masterpiece. Now, 4 years later, I would expect a 3/5 maximum. There are just better ways to do things now, even if you have zero scripting knowledge.

As for me, I don't really have too much time to try quests out myself, so I tend to watch others play quests.

#81 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

I tend to play a hand full of quests, stop for a while, and play a hand full of quests again. I'm an on and off kind of guy. When I don't play zelda classic games, I play other video games. I even go on breaks when I don't play any video games at all. What attracts me to zelda classic is playing user created games. I just love playing fan made games.   

Right now, I have finally took the time to learn a good portion of zquest. Further more, I am actually taking the time to make my own quest. See thread below to read about my quest idea. I'm currently working on level 2. When I am done with level 3, I plan on releasing a video showing off some of my quest. I might even consider releasing a demo. 

http://www.purezc.ne...showtopic=61713

Making this quest has given me a new respect for all quest makers. It takes a considerable amount of time to create a decent quest.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users