Beta 5.6 Fixed

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:06 PM

A day or two ago I released beta 5.6 to the public, but little did I know it was broken.

If you have downloaded the last version of 5.6, you'll get stuck at level 1 due to bugs caused by new additions that I forgot to test. These bugs make the first level unbeatable.

Download here for the Fix:

http://www.soulsofwi...knesswithin.qst

Also, I hope you enjoy the new title screen I created, it can only be seen if you start a new file however.

#2 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:28 PM

Hey man, I am currently playing your recent beta, but I have a doubt...

HOW THE HELL DO I KILL THE OCTOROKS?

I've tried stunning them with the sword and then shoot the rupees at them, no luck. How do I beat them since I want to progress in your wonderful quest? :confused:

Anyhow, I love the title screen and the improvements you have done. Not to pressure though, but how much do you think it will take to get this finished?

#3 Colossal

Colossal

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:30 AM

You have the right idea as long as you're attacking from the front; it's just that the octoroks take quite a few hits at this point. Also, since the sparkles from the thrown rupees tend to hit the enemy as well, it might help to wait a bit longer than usual between attacks so your next attack doesn't go right through the enemy.

#4 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:34 AM

Colossal, do you think it's best I disable that? I've been thinking about it for some time, but are those sparkles even causing damage or are they just stunning the enemy?

The thing about it, that's an important thing. I am going to look at this item again and see what is going on with this attack. I will also decrease the Octorock's difficulty a bit.

Oh, just a tip with the octorocks, if you stun them just before they are about to use their attack, they will use their attack the moment they stopped being stunned, so you may be leaving yourself vulnerable and not even know it.

I've just updated this beta, the Octorocks should be a bit easier, so should the boss because he is known to be a bit difficult for newcomers. Click on the link I provided above for the update.

Just remember, they are only vulnerable from the front, so try to stun them from the front (when they are not just about to fire at you). Their attack is still deadly, but not as deadly, giving you a fair chance.

Good luck! :)

#5 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

Thanks dude! I'll leave more feedback later... :D

#6 Colossal

Colossal

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

I believe damaging sparkles do half the damage of a power 1 weapon. They also give enemies invincibility frames.

#7 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:26 PM

New problem, how the heck do I beat the miniboss in Level 3 if I have no way to defend myself???

#8 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

Find a way to defend yourself. :)

Sorry Mario, our princess is in another Cast... ummm, sorry Link, your items are in another ship.

#9 Colossal

Colossal

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

You need to find your gear before you can fight him. There's a second ship you can enter in that area and that one has your gear.

EDIT: Beat me to it.

#10 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

Ohh, so it IS in the 3rd ship right?

#11 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

By the way NewJourneysFire, I suggest you tone down the difficulty a little in Level 3, like a few stalfos less and let's say a better way to avoid the ghosts. I have been on the level for an hour and a half! Due to the annoying ghosts that capture me...

Or add a shortcut to the other ships, but it's up to you really...

EDIT: I also recommend to tone the difficulty down with the duel with Jimmy...

#12 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:26 AM

I'll take that recommendation.

I've already toned the difficulty down a bit, but I had a gut feeling it still wasn't enough.

I'll see what I can do.

#13 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

Another update dude, Horsehead is a little rough, but not as rough as Jimmy was... :)

Still, after I beat Horsehead, and upon exiting Parapa Palace, I hit f6 and continue and had to do the whole Horsehead battle again, so yeah... might want to check those continue points ;)

EDIT: Also, I suggest adjusting Horsehead's weak point, I had to hit him in an exact angle to damage him, or is that how the battle goes? And finally, after defeating Horsehead TWICE, I got stuck in this screen:

Posted Image

And now, I am stuck here, unable to proceed, tried saving and continuing, no luck :( .

So, a little help here please!

#14 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

Sure thing. PM me and I'll send you a fix.

#15 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

Thanks for the fix Cole, but now I an again stuck :( . From what I see, it's night time in Saria Village, and everyone damages me, the question is, where to go next?

I have gone to this cave:

Posted Image

And I'm trying to kill the moldorm, with no luck, trying to do that for 30 minutes and it won't die > :( .

So, where to now please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users