um... Noobie need help!!

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#61 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Zelda and Pokémon Master •

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:14 PM

Yeah, that's what I thought. It would be good for me except I always miss something in the actual file when I edit it in the buffer.

Otherwise, I don't see the problem... Is there a problem?

====EDIT====

Wow! Who knew this topic would grow to be 5 PAGES LONG! (it's reletively short, but HEY! It's the longest topic I've ever created. Almost over 400 views! Cool!)

Edited by AgentLym, 30 April 2008 - 08:26 PM.

#62 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:54 PM

i was proud when i started my first 5-page topic too. but that was at AGN.
congrats... i think?

#63 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 01 May 2008 - 01:52 AM

In the compiler, you're more likely to loose what you've been writing, but notepad is quite a lot less likely to crash.
There's no 'find' tool in the buffer editor, nor 'find and replace'.
You can't have two files open at one time in the buffer editor.
If you just want to script and not to actually work on a quest, having notepad open uses up a lot less system resources than having ZQuest open.

And my buffer editor opens on a really small resolution, I suppose that might not be the case for you two, but it's damned irritating for me.

Heh, was that the script help one MM? =P

Edited by Joe123, 01 May 2008 - 01:53 AM.

#64 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:06 PM

In the compiler, you're more likely to loose what you've been writing, but notepad is quite a lot less likely to crash.
There's no 'find' tool in the buffer editor, nor 'find and replace'.
You can't have two files open at one time in the buffer editor.
If you just want to script and not to actually work on a quest, having notepad open uses up a lot less system resources than having ZQuest open.

Ah... I see.

Hey, does anyone here use version 2.5? I have a question about the 'Favorites' box in the bottom of ZQuest in large mode...

What is it?? I started a topic in Quest Editor Help but no one has been able to answer it...

Joe and Master Maniac, you seem like knowledgable guys... Do you know what that static-y box labeled 'Favorite' in the bottom of large ZQuest is?

Edited by AgentLym, 01 May 2008 - 03:07 PM.

#65 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:02 PM

It's for favourite combos (I think, haven't actaully used it).
_L_ was saying something about click on them and selecting combos and pressing shift over at AGN.

Try picking a combo, and setting it as your current selected combo, then holding down shift and clicking on one of the favourites bits, and see what happens.

#66 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

• Members

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:57 PM

thanks joe lol

and the favorites is favorite combos. select a combo and then shift+click in the favorites box to set a favorite.

#67 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:26 PM

Wow! I've been wondering that for a while! Thanks! That'll help alot! (I reckon icon_razz.gif )

Um... not much else to say...

Except, has AGN put your script up yet?

...And do you have any ideas for a 'easy' custom boss I could make? I really want to start making custom bosses! That's what got me into scripting in the first place!

(Btw, you can tell me if I'm being 'too' ambitious... Sometimes I get a little carried away... icon_heh.gif )

Edited by AgentLym, 01 May 2008 - 08:29 PM.

#68 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

• Members

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:35 PM

why not stay away from bosses for a while? (trust me, they arent easy)

how about an enemy or something? do you know how eweapons work?

i have one for you. make an FFC trap, that is vulnerable to link's weapons. do you know how to "ghost" enemies? i got a challenge for you. make a moving ffc trap that moves across the screen like the guard, but also shoots fire at link. if link has the mirror sheild, have it reflect the fireballs back at it and kill it when hit 3 times.

think you can handle that?

#69 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:48 PM

Pfft. No sweat... icon_cool.gif um...

I start with 'import "std.zh"' right?... icon_heh.gif

^-- that's a joke --^

Heh. I may be able to do it... I'll try either way. icon_razz.gif (the second script you asked me about is the one I'm trying, btw)

And... um... What is 'ghosting' enemies? Just making them invisible? Making them do no damage? I'm not sure...

Edited by AgentLym, 01 May 2008 - 08:55 PM.

#70 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

• Members

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:08 PM

no ghosting enemies is attaching enemies to ffc's.

npc->X=this->X

and the same with Y's. also the screen creates the NPC's just like FFC's. works off the ID # too.

#71 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 01:56 AM

You can make pretty simple custom bosses, it's just not something that MM does =P

The first proper scripted boss I made was an ffc with a movement routine attached to it (so it went round in a circle), and an invisible NPC ghosting it.
I then had 2 more NPCs with projectile weapons ghosting it, and that was the boss.
When it died, I used Enemies->Secret to warp Link back out of the duplicate room.

It's not too difficult at all really.

That one's the first boss in The Fort Knights if you're interested in having a look at the script.

#72 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 01:52 PM

That one's the first boss in The Fort Knights if you're interested in having a look at the script.

Alright. I may do that. Thanks!

i have one for you. make an FFC trap, that is vulnerable to link's weapons. do you know how to "ghost" enemies? i got a challenge for you. make a moving ffc trap that moves across the screen like the guard, but also shoots fire at link. if link has the mirror sheild, have it reflect the fireballs back at it and kill it when hit 3 times.

So, MasterManiac, you suggest that I attach an enemy (like a statue that shoots fire) to the guard, and when Link has the Mirror shield, Link reflects the fireball back at the guard...?

I'm almost positive that I can 'ghost' the guard, but I'm not totally sure how I'm going to make the fireball, once reflected, go towards the guard...

Will this have to do with the 'acceleration' functions and stuff?

Also, I have a question on 'over-under bridges'... I know how to make them and such but when you warp (you know, to the duplicate screen where you can go over the bridge, instead of under it) to the second screen, your location on the map changes...

Is the only way to fix that is to make separate d-map for the 'over' bridge with the same relative location as the 'under' bridge? Or is there an easier way...? (preferably one that doesn't require an extra d-map icon_razz.gif )

Edited by AgentLym, 02 May 2008 - 03:22 PM.

#73 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:56 PM

well i didnt mean to actually attach the enemy to the guard, but that works too. icon_shrug.gif

#74 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 08:06 PM

Oh... Well, in that case, I have just about a tenth of an inch to stand on when it comes to the 'guard shooting fireballs at Link' and the 'Link reflecting the fireballs back at the guard' part of the script...

Heh. Any tips? icon_heh.gif

===EDIT===

DUDE! I just saw THIS. I didn't know you could MOVE while hurricane spinning! How do you do that? I can regular hurricane spin, but how do you move?

Also, did they get rid of the 'diagonal movement' quest rule in the later builds of 2.5? I want my Quest to have diagonal walking... Is there a way to make Link move diagonally in ZQuest 2.5.796 or so?

(Just a couple questions I'll probably post in ZQuest Editor help soon... icon_razz.gif )

Edited by AgentLym, 02 May 2008 - 09:11 PM.

#75 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:31 PM

i do not think the rule is automatic. it is in a checkbox in the link sprites window.

and no that part will be easy. as long as link doesn't move when the guard fires at him, the fireball will be reflected straight at him.

I did this inaccurately with combos, at one point. didn't quite work properly, though... or did i just not test it?

and i could write the part of "killing" the trap for you. i also never said you would need ghosting for this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users