Photo

Screenshot of the Week 161

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 161 (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#61 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 12 May 2007 - 05:51 PM

Revfan, DFW has won SotW many many times, and you have won, what...0 times?

Where does all the hate come from? Pure screens can look nice if they are constructed well, and DFW is very good at constructing good looking screenies no matter what tileset she uses.

#62 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:37 PM

icon_shrug.gif Maybe I just don't like her style?

#63 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE(Trimaster001 @ May 12 2007, 02:59 PM) View Post

Ok you got me. The blue water one looks more better. Could you show some action. Currently, your screenshots are more of a work of art than a game.

*snort* Bad grammar makes me laugh. Anyway, he's got a point, Rev. Your shot looked amazing, in the artistic sense. But I guess if the people are looking for more detailed shots, give 'em one. You could pull it off, you've got talent icon_wink.gif

QUOTE(Peteo @ May 12 2007, 04:51 PM) View Post

Revfan, DFW has won SotW many many times, and you have won, what...0 times?

Where does all the hate come from? Pure screens can look nice if they are constructed well, and DFW is very good at constructing good looking screenies no matter what tileset she uses.

Ouch... O__o;

I'm not trying to insult DFW or anything, but wasn't that last statement a little cocky? Just because her shots usually win, doesn't mean that one week they won't.

#64 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ May 12 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post

apparently I'm doing something right Revvy. O_o

Indeed. Congrats on the win.

IPB Image

#65 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:37 PM

and my shots do lose from time to time.

#66 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ May 12 2007, 07:37 PM) View Post

and my shots do lose from time to time.

I never said they didn't, did I? No, I said that they usually win (or so far as I've noticed). And working from what Peteo said, I assumed he was implying that lately your shots have been winning a lot, which is why I said that they won't always.

#67 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE(GoldenChocobo @ May 12 2007, 08:56 PM) View Post
Ouch... O__o;

Ouch indeed. icon_superevil.gif

I don't want to put DFW down or anything, but its just that those tiles are the same thing we always see from almost everybody. Its always either pure or dor. icon_unsettled.gif
Maybe I'm the only person who likes change, but that just gets tiring to me.
I can see why revfan's mad too (although I wouldn't be), people are overexaggerating about the goodness of the other shots and overexaggerating about how revfan's is boring and "unclear". icon_confused.gif
...but I still think that statue needs to die. icon_wink.gif

#68 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:20 PM

Revfan, you really seem to only focus on one part of the shot. I notice bits of errors that you probably missed in your shots. But you know what? Whining won't make you win. You just have to try all the more harder. So what if you lose? Winning isn't everything. It's true we're trying hard to win, but it's ok to lose, too. Honestly, if you give this big a **** about this, you need to stop doing SotW.

#69 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:23 PM

Lately, DFW's screens have been the rightful winners. She has good screen design and great detail. I don't see what is so terrible about the screen, Revfan. But it isn't like people are voting on favorites. If so, why am I: 3-28? And I think that is the actual win-loss for me in SotW. lol. But again, I voted for DFW's screen because it is the screen that has the best detail and screen design in my opinion. But isn't like you aren't far behind, because you have vastly improved. icon_razz.gif

#70 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:23 PM

Rev9. The reason I voted for DFW is that his screen shows a balance of a true quest. The balance of which is gameplay, graphics, and creativity meet. Pure Set or not, it doesn't take a beautiful tileset to make a fun and enjoyable quest. All I'm seeing from your shots is just graphics. You don't show true gameplay at all. They're mainly "landscape paintings". You should add some action and make it look more like a game with cool graphics. I can see your approach in quest making. If you combine the beautiful graphics and awesome gameplay, your quest will knock every other quest into oblivion.

Edited by Trimaster001, 12 May 2007 - 10:25 PM.

#71 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:33 PM

Hmm.. The last time I checked, DFW only wins during the weeks where barely anyone submits, and none of the screenshots are amazing. Neither do I see why this shot won, the screenshot looks has if DFW squeezed both sides of the screen to fit everything in. Nothing is centered correctly, the cow looks out of place, and it uses a hideous palette. Your screen is just the basic overused Pure tileset that has been used for over four years. No reason to be cocky over basic unoriginal Pure screenshots that could be created in less than 4 minutes...

But it isn't like people are voting on favorites. If so, why am I: 3-28?

... Your not everyones favorite..

Edited by /M/, 12 May 2007 - 10:34 PM.

#72 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:55 PM

Hmm.. The last time I checked, DFW only wins during the weeks where barely anyone submits, and none of the screenshots are amazing. Neither do I see why this shot won, the screenshot looks has if DFW squeezed both sides of the screen to fit everything in. Nothing is centered correctly, the cow looks out of place, and it uses a hideous palette. Your screen is just the basic overused Pure tileset that has been used for over four years. No reason to be cocky over basic unoriginal Pure screenshots that could be created in less than 4 minutes...

I guess it is just difference of opinions. I don't understand about the "Nothing is centered correctly". The cow is fine in my opinion. The Palette I do agree needs a little bit of work. Plus I don't see any reason to minus points off because it is Pure. But the screen design and details are great. And plus there is something to look at. Out of all of the screens, this week, in my opinion, it was a no brainer that it won as it is the best out of the bunch. I don't look at just the graphics, and I look on how it is also used. Which honestly could have been better in Revfan's screen.

... Your not everyones favorite..

I know that I am not. I am just making an example, that you aren't just going to win just because you are a respected quest author.

#73 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:02 PM

Ya know, this might sound crazy, but perhaps people have different tastes and different likes, and vote according to which shot they themselves feel is the best.

Oh wait, sorry I forgot. People obviously can't have opinions on which shot they feel is the best because they are obviously wrong for [insert bull****] reason.

Stop whining, take the advice people give you, and try again next time. This is freakin ridicoulus people.

#74 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:16 PM

Cake has a point. If you lose, you shouldn't complain about it. No matter what happens, the people speak. If you don't agree with others, live with it. Nobodys opinion is any better than anyone elses, no matter how good we each are at explaining it convincingly. We don't all value the same things in a screenshot, as our eyes for art differ. If a whole bunch of you went to an art gallery, I can guarantee that there would be much disagreement on what is good art or bad art. It is all a matter of personal taste. So a win is a win. You don't like it, suck it up and move on. Those who don't win have the option to use what they consider as constructive advice to try to better what they do. Roll with the punches, and good things will happen.

#75 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 07:15 AM

M, nothing has to be centered to look fine, the screen does not have to be geometrically correct. sometimes being off-kilter can help a shot. The cow was a last stroke I put in, because I just imagined this clearing just outside the woods as a small pasture and property of the owner of that house. Thought it was a neat addition to add both cow and trough to the pic.
Furthermore, the palette, as everyone knows, I really know little about the complexity of changing/editing palettes and if you must complain about the palette, the ickiness of it is the fault of the person who made PureXtreme tileset since it was one of the default palettes that came with the set. It was the closest color scheme I could pick to what I wanted to achieve in that pic.
But regardless, if you say everything I do sucks, then so be it. That's your opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users