ZC 2.50 RC3

• Please log in to reply
590 replies to this topic

#556 accela2me

accela2me

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

Saffith, I would suggest to you to put in the Map View function an option to create borders on each screen of the current map.
With the map divided, is much easier to plan the design of the next screens.

#557 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

HERP DERP. So it turns out that my problem with the hammer was caused by me writing my custom enemy death script very badly. I was only checking for if its HP value was 0 when I should have been checking for anything 0 or below. So killing it with the sword would bring the enemy in question down to 0 HP but the hammer would bring it below 0.

#558 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

It's possible I'm doing something wrong, but I'm having issues with my Passive Subscreens.

For one, I have one for Dungeons and one for the Overworld. They're set properly as far as I can tell. Now when I go from the Dungeon to the Overworld in the game via Side Warp A, the Dungeon Subscreen will appear for a few seconds and then switch to the Overworld one.

And as another weird bug, when I enter the dungeon from the Overworld, the Dungeon subscreen seems to load fine, but after it loads it jumps up 2 pixels which I believe is actually accurate to where I set it.. It's just odd it is 2 pixels lower and has to jump up every time upon loading.

Finally, in the subscreen editor, the subscreen is longer vertically than how it appears in game for me. Not sure if it's something with my quest or if I screwed it up somewhere..

For the time being I may just have to use one Passive Subscreen for my quest due to this it would seem.

Edited by HylianGlaceon, 02 August 2012 - 11:55 PM.

#559 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:42 AM

BS Patras seem to have a very broken hitbox. One that I'm using has it's hitbox extend far to the right of the Patra. I'm not sure this can be fixed with scripting, unless the enemy is remade from scratch. Is there anything that can be done about this?

#560 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:54 AM

Yeah, I'll fix the Patras. Easy enough.

QUOTE(HylianGlaceon @ Aug 3 2012, 12:53 AM) View Post
It's possible I'm doing something wrong, but I'm having issues with my Passive Subscreens.

I don't know what could be going on there... Could you send me the quest, or at least get a video?

#561 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Aug 3 2012, 09:54 AM) View Post

I don't know what could be going on there... Could you send me the quest, or at least get a video?

K, I'll PM it to you.

#562 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:31 AM

Flag 14 (lens marker) doesn't seem to work on layers. While this can be worked around, it certainly is annoying. Do you think it's fixable?

#563 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

I don't know if this was brought up yet. Sometimes when I put my laptop into Hibernate and come back, Zquest is COMPLETELY frozen (But the mouse cursor is Zquest's), and I have to close ZQ with Task Manager.

#564 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

Happens to me too, but not as often since in Windows 7 as XP. If I haven't done much I'll just force close it, but if I've made a lot of progress I usually wait about twenty minutes and it unfreezes itself. It always unfreezes, it just takes a while.

#565 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

I have no idea if there's anything we can do about that. Does the same thing in other Allegro 4 programs? If you need one to try it with, Aseprite should do.

QUOTE(Evan20000 @ Aug 7 2012, 01:31 AM) View Post
Flag 14 (lens marker) doesn't seem to work on layers. While this can be worked around, it certainly is annoying. Do you think it's fixable?

Much harder to do than I expected. I think that's just going to have to stay as it is.

#566 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

Alright. I've already found a suitable workaround in the event that it wasn't as simple as it seemed.

#567 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

In std.zh, the Remove(item i) function seems to be incorrect.

CODE
//Removes Item 'i' from the screen
void Remove(item i){
    if(!i->isValid()) return;
    i->X = 256;
}

Instead of 256, the value should probably be something a bit higher since it's (thankfully) possible to spawn items off screen. I set it to 999 since I didn't want to figure out the actual item spawning dimensions.

I'm not sure if the other Remove() functions have similar issues or not. icon_shrug.gif

#568 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

Would it be possible to look at the slight issue of ZC not liking different quest directories? Essentially, you're forced to have two copies of 1st and 2nd quests. One in the ZC directory because... well... ZC won't start without them. Then you have to have one in the quest directory because ZC pulls up an error when you try to create a new save entry stating that it can't find 1st.qst. icon_shrug.gif

#569 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

I noticed that if you place a solid combo on water and you go over it (When you have the Flippers), you can go over it like it's a walkable combo. Is that a bug?

#570 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE(Jared @ Aug 12 2012, 08:07 PM) View Post
I noticed that if you place a solid combo on water and you go over it (When you have the Flippers), you can go over it like it's a walkable combo. Is that a bug?
I'm asking for the ZC Devs since you're being a bit vague here. icon_razz.gif When you say place a solid combo on water, do you mean the solid combo is on layers 1 or 2 and the water is on layer 0? Or do you mean the water is solid?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users