Bagu Bagu

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:16 AM

Remember those skull fish enemies from Zelda 2. Well they're in my quest and I'm scripting them and I want to know if this is a good idea. Basically they spawn on water combos and jump out of the water towards land and then move around on land using a walk function from ghost.zh. they ignore solidity and water until the land on walkable ground as well.

#2 Imzogelmo

Imzogelmo

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:45 AM

You mean the Bago Bagos, right? I think your movement pattern sounds good. I think you should also make them do some sort of drain on Link when they touch him. In AoL it was experience, but it could be rupees or whatever counter you are using as equivalent for the experience counter.

Edited by Imzogelmo, 29 August 2011 - 11:46 AM.

#3 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:03 PM

Yeah bago bago. As of yet I've haven't yet added in an experience system but that's always a possibility so I might add it in we will see. icon_biggrin.gif

#4 Imzogelmo

Imzogelmo

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:13 PM

I'm a big fan of Zelda 2 so I'm anxious to see what you come up with.

#5 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:21 PM

How about if after a while they burrow down in to the ground like Leevers to pop up again elsewhere?

#6 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:01 PM

I came up with a better idea. Why not have an enemy that only moves while submerged in water, or shallows. And occasionaly jumps out and shoots a rock or fireball at Link. Depending whether it's a Lava BagoBago.

Edited by blackbishop89, 29 August 2011 - 01:01 PM.

#7 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:16 PM

I say go for it. Whichever one you choose.

I haven't yet seen a walking Zelda enemy that goes on both water and land, so I think that would be cool! (Closest things are the jumping Tektites and the Peahats, but it isn't quite the same thing.)

#8 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:12 AM

It will only walk on water until they start walking on Land. And when walking on land they'll start firing projectiles sporadically. Also they never stop spawning but you can only have a maximum of 3 on screen at once. Since I'm using the falling rocks flag.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users