Bad News about Lost Isle and Origin

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#31 Foxx

Foxx

Initiate

• Members

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:42 PM

Well, fock. The expo preview for Origin was starting to make me go "GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE...". If it gets pulled into this tangled web, who knows what's going to happen.

And I could have sworn that Origin was going to be made in beta 183. . . . so this shouldn't even be a problem there....

#32 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE(rocksfan13 @ Jun 4 2007, 07:32 AM) View Post

I have a suggestion.

Why not remove the Zquest.exe from the build that will be bundled with LI so people don't go and try and use it for their own?
People are gonna do it if you leave that option there. So why not take it out?
You and DFW still have it, so there's really no reason not to right?

or better yet why don't you get it to be a public beta and when we download it comes with LI and Origin are the featured quests, like how we get 1st qst, 2cnd qst, and 3rd, But make it were we get 1st qst, LI, and Origin? That seems a little more plosible! Cause what if some one else is making a quest and need some of the features in this private build, but don't have them, then we got to wait, when it is already available?

Edited by ennonfenom, 04 June 2007 - 10:59 PM.

#33 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 04 June 2007 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE(ennonfenom @ Jun 4 2007, 10:58 PM) View Post

or better yet why don't you get it to be a public beta and when we download it comes with LI and Origin are the featured quests, like how we get 1st qst, 2cnd qst, and 3rd, But make it were we get 1st qst, LI, and Origin? That seems a little more plosible! Cause what if some one else is making a quest and need some of the features in this private build, but don't have them, then we got to wait, when it is already available?

From what I understand, it's a "stable" version of 2.11 build 254, where the current betas are in the 300s for the builds. It won't be compatible with 2.5, but the thing is, it plays Lost Isle and Origins the way they're supposed to be played, and that's all they care about, is a stable game.

We already have the features, and then some of this "private beta", ennonfenom.

#34 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 04 June 2007 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE(Sephiroth @ Jun 4 2007, 09:02 PM) View Post

From what I understand, it's a "stable" version of 2.11 build 254, where the current betas are in the 300s for the builds. It won't be compatible with 2.5, but the thing is, it plays Lost Isle and Origins the way they're supposed to be played, and that's all they care about, is a stable game.

We already have the features, and then some of this "private beta", ennonfenom.

yeah but its a less bugy b254, which I would love to have, cause b254 is really acting up on me know, like crashing in the middle of game play, so forth. Thats why I think if its a better version why not release it and or start working on it, instead of these new versions that are horrible? I will quote peteo

QUOTE(Peteo @ Jun 4 2007, 06:20 AM) View Post

Yes, our Lost Isle specific ZC build is not 100% bugfree, but it is a better version of the already good b254 and it plays both Lost Isle and Origin perfectly.
And to all you who think that me and Wolfie getting a private beta is somehow unfair, well to repeat myself, it's a private build simply because it is not fully compatible with the newest ZC builds and upcoming ZC 2.5. So a developer would say it is not recommended to build quests with the build we have and that's why only Wolfie and I have the build... but if you ask me and if I was a developer, I would just forget the last few newest builds and try to perfect this private build we have because ZC 2.5 is just not getting done. I am happy that Lost Isle has a good and stable build, but the whole community needs a FULL and STABLE ZC release dammit.

The bold sentences are not only my point but also peteo point too!

#35 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:01 AM

well regardless of where this debate ends up. We'll be releasing the player for LI and Origin when the quests are finished.

#36 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jun 5 2007, 03:01 PM) View Post

well regardless of where this debate ends up. We'll be releasing the player for LI and Origin when the quests are finished.

Well of course we're gonna release the b254c player we have, otherwise people would have no means to play the quest, bhah! icon_razz.gif

But I stand behind my words that ennonfenom quoted. I'd love to release the b254c ZQuest as well with Lost Isle, and I see no reason why I shouldn't do that unless all the developers are strongly against it. I'd just have to warn people that quests made with the Lost Isle specifc ZC build will not probably work correctly on upcoming versions of ZC, but despite some of the small bugs our private build has, I think it is a great beta to make a quest with.

#37 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Jun 5 2007, 06:50 AM) View Post

Well of course we're gonna release the b254c player we have, otherwise people would have no means to play the quest, bhah! icon_razz.gif

My quote was more of a statement than a question. I wasn't questioning if we were releasing the beta or not, it was a statement that we were. icon_razz.gif You and your finnish confusion. icon_lol.gif

#38 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jun 5 2007, 09:03 PM) View Post

My quote was more of a statement than a question. I wasn't questioning if we were releasing the beta or not, it was a statement that we were. icon_razz.gif You and your finnish confusion. icon_lol.gif

I didn't confuse anything, silly! I was just wondering why you are stating the obvious? Oh well, nevermind. icon_razz.gif

#39 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:20 PM

Okay, good news. Wildbill will be accepting Lost Isle and Origin onto the site, however, refuses to support hosting the beta to play them on due to server size/space issues. So Petoe and I will have to remotely host (and anyone else who wants to help) the new beta to play it on. So good times all around.

#40 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Jun 4 2007, 07:40 AM) View Post
It's always fun to see comments like "LI will be the best game eva!!!"

I know MY contribution to the quest is the best eva icon_wink.gif

... nah I don't really think that, but I'm happy with my secret secret contribution that's totally a secret to everybody... it's 30 rupees.

#41 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 04:51 AM

Why is the hosting of the quests and beta problem?
Just upload the special beta to "xthost.info" and make a link to it in your sigs and in the quest submissions. Xthost rarely goes down (it does sometimes) and I never experienced that my files got deleted to make space for others...

And those whos want a bug-free version soon... Use 2.10.2! It's possible to make an innovative megaquest with it, just don't click on "Misc.Colors" or else it freezes.

#42 Dorian

Dorian

Adept

• Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:26 AM

XtHost once considered my map archives as illegal icon_neutral.gif
so... dunno if you should trust this site

- using free web hosting won't be good if only the player is hosted because those services are meant for pages, not only files. So the file will be deleted
- the problem of file sharing like megaupload, rapidshare, megaphile, mediafire and others are their file lifespan. there won't be any problem at the beginning but with the time passing by, less and less users will download so the file wll be deleted eventually... maybe the solution would be to create a lot of mirrors. Or to upload to files-upload.com where files are hosted 6 months (but the download speed is only 100kb/s) edit: it's 3 months now

Edited by Dorian, 07 June 2007 - 05:26 AM.

#43 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:03 AM

Woohoo, great news! I love Wildbill! icon_smile.gif

And hosting the beta won't be a problem. If no free sites are good enough, then I'm ready to pay to get a good Lost Isle website online where you can download anything LI related.

And NoeL, your contribution really is one of the best things I've seen. Thanks again for that.

#44 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:25 AM

What about torrent files? (I think it's been suggested, but still)

#45 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jun 6 2007, 09:20 PM) View Post
Okay, good news. Wildbill will be accepting Lost Isle and Origin onto the site, however, refuses to support hosting the beta to play them on due to server size/space issues. So Petoe and I will have to remotely host (and anyone else who wants to help) the new beta to play it on. So good times all around.

I'd be glad to host your version of the Beta for LI and Origin.

It's totally awesome that WildBill is going to do that for you two. Bravo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users