Hyrule's Resurrection

• Please log in to reply
465 replies to this topic

#436 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

Don't mind the switch for now, you'll be able to trigger it later.

The book taking you to a separate screen tells you the code you need to decipher other books.

How does that "deciphering the other books with the code" puzzle work? I'm at the Sanctuary dungeon now. I found a book that took me to another screen with 4 columns of 5 letters each going down and another one that said "ABCDEFGDHCFIDHABCD".

1 last question: How do I get past the 2nd maze in the Sanctuary dungeon (At the top part of the map)?

Edited by KEM64, 16 June 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#437 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:58 AM

The book with the columns is the solution to the code. Not all letters are in there to fully translate all messages, but the few letters you can't translate should always be obvious after translating the rest.

#438 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

The book with the columns is the solution to the code. Not all letters are in there to fully translate all messages, but the few letters you can't translate should always be obvious after translating the rest.

What I meant to ask about the puzzle was how do you use the letters in the columns to translate the messages? Am I supposed to look at the message of "ABCDEFGDHCFIDHABCD" and go "First letter is A. The letters in the columns book had an A as the first letter in the first row and column and the last letter in the last row and column". Am I supposed to replace the first A in the ABCDEFGDHCFIDHABCD message (as well as the other A in the message) with a letter on the same column or row as the A's in the columns book and then do this with the other letters in the ABCDEFGDHCFIDHABCD message that also appear in the columns book?

#439 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

The columns mean A = ... (whatever letter is to the right of it) and so on. So it's just a substitution code. Mentally add = signs in the middle.

#440 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:50 PM

Think of the code as two pairs of columns as follows:  A -> B || C -> D.  So any A in the clue you substitute B in place.  Any C in the clue you substitute D in place.

#441 Starkiller

Starkiller

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:12 AM

Any hint as to where the Level 2 Heart Regain medallion is?

#442 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

Progress: Finally figured out that code puzzle and beat the Sanctuary and Under the Sanctuary dungeons.

I read somewhere in this topic that you can get potions as soon as you get the fire boomerang. Where is that?

#443 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

Any hint as to where the Level 2 Heart Regain medallion is?

There's a secret passage near where you find the lens.

As for potions you need to have collected all triforce pieces and access the last part of the overworld.

#444 Starkiller

Starkiller

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

Can't figure out the boss of the plant castle.  Does it have anything to do with the screen changing colors?

Edited by Starkiller, 23 June 2013 - 07:25 PM.

#445 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:03 AM

Just outside the level, you were actually given how to battle the boss.

If beating the petals isn't doing anything, try attacking the center core

#446 Starkiller

Starkiller

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:24 AM

Is there an item that cuts your magic use in half?   The Lens magic use is killing me.

Edited by Starkiller, 25 June 2013 - 11:49 PM.

#447 ShadyKnight

ShadyKnight

Epic Win

• Members

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:36 AM

I'm very glad that you left the ability to strike while standing in the doorway. I don't know how many deaths I would have if I couldn't use the door trick lol

#448 ShadyKnight

ShadyKnight

Epic Win

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:48 AM

I'd just like to note that as soon as I heard music from Mystic Quest I was happy, and then when I heard the second track from MQ I was even happier, because that's my ringtone for texts.

#449 Gekos

Gekos

Junior

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

How do I kill the level 4 boss?

#450 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:01 AM

Sword strikes are your best bet (although bombs work too, but they may be hard to time). Carefully stay around him and wait for him to stop as he is about to spit bombs, then while he's unmoving take that opportunity to hit him as much as possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users