Photo

Screenshot of the Month 38

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Month 38 (70 member(s) have cast votes)

4 great shots!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:06 AM

Here we are, with another SotM. Sorry it's a week late. I thought it was supposed to be this week that it had to be done, but when I counted the weeks, there were 5 weeks. But, here they are.

Nuvo (SotW150)
IPB Image
I AM THE GAURDIAN OF THE TEMPLE OF TIME, LEAVE NOW UNLESS YOU WISH TO DIE!

Peteo (SotW 151)
IPB Image
Very detailed custom subscreen, isn't it?

DarkFlameWolf (SotW 152)
IPB Image
Link wonders how he'll ever get to the other side...

Shoelace (SotW 153)
IPB Image
The first screen shot of EotM.

There's your shots. ^_^

#2 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:17 AM

Shoelace wins easily.

There is not much else to be said appart from DarkFlamewolf nearly got my vote.

Best of luck all of the shots though!

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:08 AM

Ugh. So... hard... to... choose...!

I picked DFW's shot. There's just something nice about it. Sorry, Shoelace. You came close.

#4 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:25 AM

I voted for DarkFlameWolf, mainly because of the excellent use of the PTUX tile set. The screen has an interesting look. Peteo came very close, though, because of the detail in the subscreen, but, I find more is going on in DWF's screen.

#5 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:03 PM

It's a definite win for Shoelace!!!

#6 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:03 PM

My vote this round through goes to Peteo, for what I wager to be a considerable effort on his part to assemble it and make it look nice. (Plus, I see my compass in there. icon_heh.gif ) So effort takes the gold here in my book. Shoelace's would be next, for the floor and trees around the water. (In the water, really.)

I can't see Nuvo's shot well enough to really compare it against the others. It's too dark. Maybe it's my monitor, but it still has had a dramatic impact on how I'm comparing these.

#7 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:22 PM

I voted for DFW. It's the only screen that captures fun-looking gameplay. (Plus, the design and graphics are nice)

#8 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:32 PM

Peteo's subscreen is my choice of vote. This is the best subscreen I have seen being designed. All the details work around the main theme very well.

A close second does to DarkFlameWolf's lava mountain shot. That kind of detail makes the screen look very complete. No space is wasted, and everything looks very well placed.

#9 Tseng

Tseng

MMmmmmm Simpsonized

• Members

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:42 PM

I voted for Shoelace's shot. I think the design works the best, and there is also alot happeneing. The colors go well together and compliment each other very nicely, as well as give life to the shot. Great job.

DFW is second though, because I do like that shot, I just do not think there is enough variation of what is used in it.

#10 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:06 PM

My ratings:
Nuvo: I really LOVE that subscreen. And the tileset you're using is really good. The colors compose really good with the area's aura.

Peteo: This subscreen is so great! icon_drool.gif But I don't like the colors, that's to bad. Anyway, nice subscreen, but I would like to see something of your quest as well.

DarkFlameWolf: You and Peteo have the same DMAP name:P But I like the lava and the link tile, but dislike the trees, they are so... Thorny.

Shoelace: I think your DMAP title is nonsense, I like to so filthy words, but I don't think I would Rate them good with screenshots. Still, I really like the trees, the mountains and the water isn't bad too. I don't like the platform, or treehouse whatever it's called, I don't like it.

My vote goes to Nuvo.

#11 Aribar

Aribar

• Members

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:10 PM

I went with Peteo's shot. . . I'm a sucker for organized things like subscreens. Even though I remember commenting on DarkFlameWolf's shot just a few weeks ago, it looks really different for some reason. Hrm. In any case, good luck, everyone!

#12 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:22 PM

I have to say, I like Peteo's the best. To me, it's the most interesting of them all

#13 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE(Twilight_Knight @ Feb 12 2007, 03:06 PM) View Post

Peteo: This subscreen is so great! icon_drool.gif But I don't like the colors, that's to bad. Anyway, nice subscreen, but I would like to see something of your quest as well.

DarkFlameWolf: You and Peteo have the same DMAP name:P But I like the lava and the link tile, but dislike the trees, they are so... Thorny.

Uhh, yeah, it's the same quest that they're working together on icon_razz.gif

Ehh, I null. I don't know what it is, it's just that I've been looking at those shots so much I'm finally getting tired of them.

#14 Blue Link 2007

Blue Link 2007

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:31 PM

Here's my comments for the entries:

Nuvo: Looks kinda dark. Try to give a little more light in the shot

Peteo: Looks good, except that you used jpg, kinda making it look messy. Try using png pics next time, since they make the picture look more cleaner.

Darkflamewolf: I understand that this is a volcano pic, and it really looks good. You didn't get my vote, because it not diverse in colors.

Shoelace: Voted for this picture because it is very colorful, and has lots of impressive tiles. Keep up the good work. icon_wink.gif

#15 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:28 AM

DFW ftw!!

DFW ftw!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users