Photo

Screenshot of the Week 146

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 146 (58 member(s) have cast votes)

4 choices this week.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 23 November 2006 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE(Link75 @ Nov 21 2006, 09:21 PM) View Post

About my shot, in my computer class we had to make a calendar with a theme to it, so I used Zelda Classic and made one for every month. This one was for December. The reason the trees are colored is because it was supposed to look kind of holiday-ish. January and February were normal winter shots though. So... that should explain it. icon_wink.gif

Wow, that's actually a really neat idea. icon_kawaii.gif I've never found a way to incorporate ZC in my school work. Kudos for the idea. icon_wink.gif

#32 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 23 November 2006 - 09:00 AM

Sharon, please help me choose a Church where I can marry your screenshot.

#33 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 November 2006 - 10:52 AM

Without looking at other people's posts (thus completely raw from my mind), I chose Linkus Mastii. That is some fantastic looking architecture, down to every nook and cranny! You get an A for effort.

Link75's screen, while it has a lot of detail and color, it doesn't feel completely right to me. Perhaps it is too colorful for a winter type of setting.

Revfan9's forest looks pretty smooth and forestlike. However, the mix of small trees don't seem to blend all too well with the large background trees in my opinion. Nice job on the placement of the shadows, lawn, and all the other details though.

Sharon's screenshot is most functional looking shot of the four. I really like the tileset and the choice of palette, along with the other details. It is tough to compete with the superior graphics quality that Linkus Mastii has, though. This is easily my second favorite.

#34 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 23 November 2006 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE(Sharon Daniel @ Nov 23 2006, 06:08 AM) View Post

Wow, that's actually a really neat idea. icon_kawaii.gif I've never found a way to incorporate ZC in my school work. Kudos for the idea. icon_wink.gif

Thanks. icon_wink.gif

I'm always trying to find ways to combine school work with my hobbies. It makes it less boring, which makes it easier for me to do!

#35 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:22 AM

So the way it looks, the featured screenshot that is going to go on the front page of the site is an exciting shot of... an empty hallway. Yes folks, PureZC is producing truly intriguing screenshots these days. icon_razz.gif

#36 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:37 AM

Sad, but true. I miss the old SotW...

To fix this, I shall create the ultimate screenshot, entirely custom tiles, graphics that look better than real-life, where Link is against the final Foe, where the entire world is embracing him to empower him to victory....

Or not... :[

#37 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:54 AM

Or not... :[

How about... actually doing it? Make something mind-blowing. Don't think that because it's good, it's out of your league. Just put forth some effort.

#38 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 24 November 2006 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE(Sharon Daniel @ Nov 24 2006, 07:54 AM) View Post

How about... actually doing it? Make something mind-blowing. Don't think that because it's good, it's out of your league. Just put forth some effort.

That's easy for you to say icon_smile.gif . Most of us here can barely draw a tree in ZC.

#39 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 24 November 2006 - 03:14 AM

Seen the LoP tileset? My point exactly.

#40 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 24 November 2006 - 03:28 AM

My custom tiles consist of rounded corners and the most unrealistic graphics you can't even say they are cartoony.

#41 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 24 November 2006 - 03:34 AM

QUOTE(Limzo @ Nov 24 2006, 12:03 AM) View Post

That's easy for you to say icon_smile.gif . Most of us here can barely draw a tree in ZC.

Trees can actually be very hard, y'know. icon_razz.gif Even bushes are easier. You're probably better off starting with something simpler... perhaps something manmade, like a building, or dungeon wall interiors.

Also, you don't get good by sitting around. Try looking back and tracking Linkus' progress over the past year or so. He's been slowly improving this whole time, but it's because he keeps drawing. He didn't start off that way, and I'm sure he'll be even better in another few months.

Of course, if you spend ALL your time practicing your drawing, you lose time to make good quests... it's a bit of a trade-off, really.

#42 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 24 November 2006 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ Nov 24 2006, 08:34 AM) View Post

Trees can actually be very hard, y'know. icon_razz.gif Even bushes are easier. You're probably better off starting with something easier... perhaps something manmade, like a building, or dungeon wall interiors.

Also, you don't get good by sitting around. Try looking back and tracking Linkus' progress over the past year or so. He's been slowly improving this whole time, but it's because he keeps drawing. He didn't start off that way, and I'm sure he'll be even better in another few months.

Of course, if you spend ALL your time practicing your drawing, you lose time to make good quests... it's a bit of a trade-off, really.

Heh, I've been making some custom dungeon wall interiors for a while now. I completely forgot about them and then remembered yesterday.

#43 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 24 November 2006 - 10:32 AM

Heh, that's me. I don't even know how many tilesets I've started. This current project looks like it may actually go somewhere though...
Although I'm still burning up time making custom item sprites, I'm using mostly rips and edits for the overworld and dungeons. So this tileset is growing slightly more quickly than some of the other ones I've started using only custom tiles.

#44 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 24 November 2006 - 04:00 PM

Link75's reminds me of a donut shop...
All that white being the white powder and the strange colored tree's being some sort of donut.
Looks nice though. icon_smile.gif

#45 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 24 November 2006 - 09:23 PM

Well, I nulled, unfortunatly. Couldn't decide between Linkus' awesome yet boring shot and Sharon's not-quite-as-awesome yet interesting shot. (the other two lost out for having no action and nothing new, though I'd like to say to Revfan well done for submitting something that doesn't look like poo poo icon_wink.gif )

I really agree with Radien here. Even if you're just showing off tiles, at least put them in some sort of context... and the 7 shade/colour palette is a bit overwhelming. You should consider rounding those columns so they're cylindrical, I think it'd look better than the rounded square shape you have now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users