Big Ticket Festival '07 Baby

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:20 PM

This past weekend, I went to Gaylord, MI and had the time of my frickin' life. There were some bands there that I kept thinking "They made this?" or "They're Christian?" Because suprisingly, many of today's mainstream bands are Christian.

Anyway, 65 bucks for 2 days of straight Rock n' Roll and about 30 is pretty good, dontcha think?

Some of the bands that were there were: Skillet, Decyfer Down, Family Force 5, Kutless, Newsboys, TFK, Disciple, and many MANY more!

One of the funniest parts of the whole thing was talking to this random guy who was dancing onstage during FF5. The whole time, I was wondering what he had in his crackpipe. He moved, talked, and acted like he was on some hardcore drugs icon_kawaii.gif .

#2 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 02:26 AM

Wow man, sounds like you had alot of fun. icon_smile.gif
I wish I could have gone to the thing that happened in North Carolina this weekend.
I don't know if you've ever heard of Greg Laurie, but he came down here and was here for three days strait.
I didn't hear about it until it was too late. :/

#3 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:38 AM

Wow man, sounds like you had alot of fun icon_smile.gif.

Big Ticket '08, 20th and 21st, remember this.

I wish I could have gone to the thing that happened in North Carolina this weekend.
I don't know if you've ever heard of Greg Laurie, but he came down here and was here for three days strait.
I didn't hear about it until it was too late. :/

Sounds like a blast. Wish I coulda gone. I really wanna go to festival whatacall in Ohio.

Good to see someone actually knows about what I'm talking about icon_kawaii.gif

#4 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:45 AM

This sounds like fun. And yes, there are bands that don't sound like the usual that is played. Ever heard of Frost Like Ashes?

Anyway, hope you had fun. I probably would have as well.

#5 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:31 PM

It was the time of my life. Some things ticked me off like Kids in the Way not returning, no moshing, etc. But overall, it was sweet.

Anybody here ever seen Newsboys drum platform? it has a hydraulic lift and can spin circles at a 90 degree angle while the guy is STILL drumming. It was a true eyeGasm.

#6 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:35 PM

I like Christian rock music, but youth group keep changing the worship songs we sing, so I never get to find out anything about the songs like the band that wrote it, where they're from etc.

#7 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:58 PM

@Limzo:PM me some songs, I'll see if I know any of 'em. I didn't even know Britan had Christian rock icon_kawaii.gif .

Dude, I just remembered, the leader of this strength team there preached at my church camp for a week. That was awesome.

#8 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 03:30 PM

Sounds like fun, though I'm not really into rock. I like Holy Hip Hop though.

#9 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:42 PM

Newsboys are still in business? Wow. They're a pretty old band. icon_eek.gif

Anyways, Family Force 5 sucks. icon_razz.gif But Skillet and Disciple KILL. I hope Disciple rocked the place... though I'm kinda pissed that Kevin Young cut his hair. icon_blah.gif

#10 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE(Daiv @ Jun 25 2007, 07:58 PM) View Post
@Limzo:PM me some songs, I'll see if I know any of 'em. I didn't even know Britan had Christian rock icon_kawaii.gif .

Nah, thanks dude, but it's alright. I'll just ask my youth leaders about them if there's one that sparks my interests. I didn't even know we had Christian rock either until I started going to youth church. IPB Image

However, there's one song I particularly like, and if I can remember enough of the words, I could find out more about it, and then PM you.

EDIT: By the way, I don't really know whether the stuff we sing at youth church should be called "rock" or not. It's almost like a kind of music on its own.

Edited by Limzo, 26 June 2007 - 01:50 AM.

#11 Linkman

Linkman

Magus

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:48 AM

Oh man it was amazing I really liked newsboys and sanctus real.

#12 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 12:15 PM

Newsboys are still in business? Wow. They're a pretty old band.
Yea, they were the first band to sign up (OMG those guys LOVE Michigan). They're what, 20 years old now? But they just came out with their new album "Go"

Anyways, Family Force 5 sucks.

I resemble that remark icon_deformed.gif J/k
I liked them because they were unique.
But Skillet and Disciple KILL. I hope Disciple rocked the place... though I'm kinda pissed that Kevin Young cut his hair.

Skillet Rocked, but John Cooper didn't have the killer boots this time around icon_cry.gif . Disciple also killed icon_omg.gif . They look nothing like they do on the back of Scars Remain. If I had broadband, I'd send you the Disiple section that my friend taped. BTW which one is Kevin Young?

#13 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE(Daiv @ Jun 26 2007, 01:15 PM) View Post

Yea, they were the first band to sign up (OMG those guys LOVE Michigan). They're what, 20 years old now? But they just came out with their new album "Go"

They'll retire soon, mark my words. icon_deformed.gif

I resemble that remark icon_deformed.gif J/k
I liked them because they were unique.

I believe you mean "resent" not "resemble." icon_razz.gif

You wouldn't say that if you heard their CD. icon_sweat.gif Everything sounds the same on it. icon_shrug.gif I went to Ichthus, and some guys said their concert rocked and bought their CD, but then said that the CD sucked. icon_blah.gif

Skillet Rocked, but John Cooper didn't have the killer boots this time around icon_cry.gif . Disciple also killed icon_omg.gif . They look nothing like they do on the back of Scars Remain. If I had broadband, I'd send you the Disiple section that my friend taped. BTW which one is Kevin Young?

Kevin Young = lead singer. icon_wink.gif

Ah, no boots. Oh well. Music's good enough, isn't it? icon_razz.gif I love The Last Night.

#14 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:10 PM

I would have loved to see Kutless. Those guys are awesome.

#15 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:17 PM

I believe you mean "resent" not "resemble."

You wouldn't say that if you heard their CD. Everything sounds the same on it. I went to Ichthus, and some guys said their concert rocked and bought their CD, but then said that the CD sucked.
The whole 'resemble' thing is a joke icon_razz.gif .
Kevin Young = lead singer.
I don't remember what his haircut was, but it was medium and black.

I would have loved to see Kutless. Those guys are awesome.
I hear you man icon_wink.gif .

Ah, no boots. Oh well. Music's good enough, isn't it? I love The Last Night.
You know which boots? The 3 inch heeled, black leather, extrior steel toed boots of awesomenessness. My personal favorite from the concert was My Obsession. The only problem with it was that they did NO old-school. It was all Collide and Comatose.

And with this post, I'll call it a night icon_kawaii.gif .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users