Photo

Not many Australians on PureZC...

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Australians and PureZC

Do we need more Australians?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE(ennonfenom @ Jun 15 2007, 06:55 PM) View Post

yeah it was England's penal colony so we don't need no more criminals here! nope they will steal our quest and claim them as there own!
naw if more come then they come if they don't then they don't! I think we need more Japanese here, so they can revolutionize zc!

Ah, good old fashion family racism...

#32 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE(ennonfenom @ Jun 16 2007, 01:55 AM) View Post

yeah it was England's penal colony so we don't need no more criminals here! nope they will steal our quest and claim them as there own!
naw if more come then they come if they don't then they don't! I think we need more Japanese here, so they can revolutionize zc!

So you're saying that every Australian is a criminal?

#33 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE(NoeL @ Jun 15 2007, 10:55 PM) View Post

Ah, good old fashion family racism...

wah?? family racism... I am any thing but a raciest!

QUOTE(Limzo @ Jun 16 2007, 01:08 AM) View Post

So you're saying that every Australian is a criminal?

That is most certainly not what I was saying! I was just joking about them stealing and stuff, I guess I forgot to put j/k!
I am sure taco knew I was playing around! and as I said it doesn't matter if more come or not, they are people just like any one else in the world right? But I still want more Japanese here, so they can revolutionize zc!

#34 Antilochos

Antilochos

• Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 05:58 AM

You gotta remember, Australia as a penal colony had setllers aswell. Wasn't just a giant ship full of soldiers and convicts dropped off in the middle of nowhere with the instruction "Build stuff. We'll stop by to see how you're doing occasionally". We're not ALL criminals. Most of us are though...

#35 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:06 AM

I agree with you Antilochos or however you pronounce that. Apparently South Australia was the only state to be claimed by settlers. So I pwn you all, NoeL and the rest. (Which when I say "rest" I mean about 4 people.) icon_heh.gif

#36 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE(ennonfenom @ Jun 16 2007, 02:16 AM) View Post

wah?? family racism... I am any thing but a raciest!
That is most certainly not what I was saying! I was just joking about them stealing and stuff, I guess I forgot to put j/k!
I am sure taco knew I was playing around! and as I said it doesn't matter if more come or not, they are people just like any one else in the world right? But I still want more Japanese here, so they can revolutionize zc!

... I was referring to your comment on the Japanese... which you did twice!

#37 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE(Taco Chopper @ Jun 14 2007, 05:39 PM) View Post
Just remember Limzo. The Australians came from England wayy back in 1776, right?

Yeah...but that doesn't make you English... icon_wink.gif
My kin went from Germany and Italy (lol, fascismz icon_superevil.gif) to Britain then over here to the US, but techically I'm none of the first three...

#38 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 June 2007 - 01:54 AM

A lot of Hungarians escaped to Australia from the communism and world wars (and mainly to Canada...), probably that's why Australians have almost the same expressions like Hungarians. At other board (no longer exists, it had a "Represent your country!" forum) an Australian person listed Australian expressions and sayings... Some of them was traditional Hungarian expression or saying.

So, go Australians!

Fun fact:
When outsiders arrived to Australia and saw a strange animal with some natives, the outsiders askes the natives about what is that animal and natives replied "Kangaroo". So, the animal was named "Kangaroo". However, "Kangaroo" means "I don't know what you speak..." in native Australian. So, the natives just told the outsiders that they don't understand them! icon_lol.gif

#39 Legendary_Goriya

Legendary_Goriya

Junior

• Members

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE(Taco Chopper @ Jun 13 2007, 04:32 AM) View Post

I didn't. icon_sweat.gif We're the same as any typical American expect for the fact we don't hav George Bush as our leader and we have better accents and tans.

And hotter women.

Anyway, what about Mississippians?

Edited by Legendary_Goriya, 18 June 2007 - 10:37 AM.

#40 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE(Legendary_Goriya @ Jun 19 2007, 01:05 AM) View Post

And hotter women.

True! icon_lol.gif

QUOTE(Mr. Pimpy @ Jun 18 2007, 01:24 PM) View Post

Yeah...but that doesn't make you English... icon_wink.gif
My kin went from Germany and Italy (lol, fascismz icon_superevil.gif) to Britain then over here to the US, but techically I'm none of the first three...

I have a bit of heritage too. My father's side is German (which means everyone thinks I'm Nazi) and my mother is of English descent and WWII happened in 1939... lucky i wasn't born then. icon_eek.gif But, technically, I think I am two quarters Aussie, a quarter German and a quarter English. Scary.

#41 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:22 PM

Nazis... I hate these guys.

I dunno about the hotter women... I mean there's Sophie Monk and Pepper from Neighbours... but our kids are getting fat. I think we're the fattest country in the world now (or at least top 5).

#42 Legendary_Goriya

Legendary_Goriya

Junior

• Members

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE(NoeL @ Jun 20 2007, 11:22 PM) View Post

I dunno about the hotter women... I mean there's Sophie Monk and Pepper from Neighbours... but our kids are getting fat. I think we're the fattest country in the world now (or at least top 5).

The US is the fattest country, and Mississippi is the fattest state, just for the record.

#43 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE(NoeL @ Jun 21 2007, 01:52 PM) View Post

My parents don't let me watch neighbours. Or home and away. They say it fries your brain. That's why I sit on the computer a lot. icon_razz.gif
And I do think we are slowly becoming one of the fattest countries, but I do think that America is number one.

#44 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 22 June 2007 - 05:39 AM

http://www.smh.com.a...1733955297.html
The most recent study I could find (on the first page of Google icon_razz.gif)

As of Feb 23 2007, Nauru is the fattest country in the world (94% are overweight).

The US is 9th with 74%

Australia was 21st with almost 70%

#45 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 23 June 2007 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE(Taco Chopper @ Jun 21 2007, 11:08 PM) View Post

My parents don't let me watch neighbours. Or home and away. They say it fries your brain. That's why I sit on the computer a lot. icon_razz.gif
And I do think we are slowly becoming one of the fattest countries, but I do think that America is number one.

Neighbours,
Must be there for one another,
Because good neighbours,
Become, good friends!

God, Neighbours is really mild when you compair it to Eastenders or something like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users