36 replies to this topic

#1 LikeLike888

LikeLike888

Spicy food lover!!

• Members

Posted 01 October 2023 - 12:40 AM

Laundry discussion thread.

# is the symbol that means number.

Laundry Question #1: Can setting a washer fill size of water to Super damage a washer?

Laundry Question #2: Can a mix of two many different clothes damage a washer?

Laundry Question #3: What else can damage a washer?

Note to all please be careful when washing stuff in washer.

I recommend filling washer only up to three quarters full of laundry and with at most two laundry pods.

I am saying this because once I filled a washer with super size and different clothes and towels and that may have broken a Hotpoint washer of mine.

Awesome Laundry Information #123
  • Haylee, coolgamer012345 and Matthew like this

#2 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 01 October 2023 - 05:26 AM

answering on #3: "I can!"

EDIT:

Spoiler

Edited by Bagu, 01 October 2023 - 05:30 AM.

#3 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 01 October 2023 - 08:04 PM

i needed to wash some beanbags (like for cornhole) because they were really dusty, and i learned that you can't put them in the dryer because some of them have corn inside

• Magi_Hero, Taco Chopper and coolgamer012345 like this

#4 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 02 October 2023 - 05:02 AM

I literally put my clothing into a cauldron or a sink where I have boiling hot water put soap with it stir it around with a wooden spoon and wash it as in the days of old. I don't understand any of these questions as this is not how I clean my clothes.

• Nathaniel and Bagu like this

#5 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 02 October 2023 - 05:22 AM

Note that I very rarely Post in personal discussion, but this topic was simple enough and gives nothing away. I suppose it gives away that I'm poor but nobody ever cared about that in the past.

#6 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 02 October 2023 - 08:13 AM

you fr:Clipboard01.png

• Nathaniel likes this

#7 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 03 October 2023 - 06:23 AM

you fr:Clipboard01.png

Ja, this is my life. Believe or not, it is what I do.

Still not quite that hideous though.

#8 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 October 2023 - 07:53 AM

#9 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 05 October 2023 - 05:13 PM

You may all find this amusing and post witch and cauldron memes, but people stole my washing and drying machines, so I must resort to doing it the way that my grandparents do this. I cannot remove the grease an grime with cold water, so I must put my clothing in a cauldron, with soap, clean it; then put it in oiling water twice more without soap, then rinse twice in cold water, and air dry it 

Anyone who does less has it easy.

My family were Ashkenazi Jews who had to flee Communists in Russia and Nazis in Germany, Very few escaoed, I can tell you all stories of visiting them, or sending boxes of clothing and lemons to them ere the fall of the Berlin wall/ 

Edited by Timelord, 05 October 2023 - 05:19 PM.

#10 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 05 October 2023 - 05:19 PM

You may all find this amusing and post witch and cauldron memes, but people stole my washing and drying machines, so I must resort to doing it the way that my grandparents do this. I cannot remove the grease an grime with cold water, so I must put my clothing in a cauldron, with soap, clean it; then put it in oiling water twice more without soap, then rinse twice in cold water, and air dry it 

Anyone who does less has it easy.

...most people can't imagine, how hard life can be

• Nathaniel likes this

#11 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 05 October 2023 - 05:27 PM

...most people can't imagine, how hard life can be

Nur wenige Menschen müssen diese strapazen durchleben und ertragen, und keiner dieser menschen ist auch nur annähernd so alt wie ich. Es tut mir leid für sie, wenn sie glauben, dass technologie alle ihre probleme im leben lösen wird. (sorry, drinking, typos)

Edited by Timelord, 05 October 2023 - 05:29 PM.

• Bagu likes this

#12 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 05 October 2023 - 08:12 PM

I do my laundry about every two weeks.

#13 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 05 October 2023 - 08:53 PM

Is that what you needed an elf slave girl for?

• Magi_Hero, Anthus, Taco Chopper and 2 others like this

#14 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 06 October 2023 - 01:00 AM

I do my laundry about every two weeks.

I don't have this many clothes lol.

But I had a lot of laundry misadventures yesterday, including paying to use the wrong machine and having the machine fail to actually start twice in a row, locking my clothes inside the second time. Lost a good €10. (I, uh, like in a student home you have to pay for the laundry machines.)

Normally I don't even hate laundry as a chore. Just very frustrating when you put your laundry in a machine and it just doesn't function.

#15 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 06 October 2023 - 01:11 AM

I generally just wash everything on hot (rinse cycles are cold, but I think this is just how most washers work). I don't really have many super fancy clothes that require special care, and I've never had problems with colors bleeding on hot (without bleach of course). If I'm washing bedding though, I do follow whatever directions it has on the tag cause a lot of blankets are polyester which can do funky stuff in the dryer. Swimming trunks hang to dry too. There's a few t-shirts I'll hang dry cause they are kinda old and sentimental and I don't want the dryer to cause more wear on them than necessary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users