Kingdom Hearts

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:29 PM

Since you're coming up on the end of this game, do you already have your next non-ZC game picked out? I ask because I have a request. A new game in my favorite series (Distorted Travesty 3: Saved Game) came out on the 6th. I played through some of it, and it's a ton of fun, and I'd love if you can try it out. It has a sort of "Story Thus Far" thing, so you don't necessarily have to play the first two games to know what's going on, and the play controls are unique out of the series.

Each world, or Gate, has a different theme to it, giving you different attacks and abilities. For example, Gate 1 is based off of the Mario series, so you can jump on enemies to defeat them, and fight bosses like Bowser and Cackletta. Gate 2 is based off of Adventure of Link, so you'd get a sword, arrows, bombs, etc. As you gain new movesets, you can switch between them in non-themed areas, giving you a ton of options on how to play.

#62 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:12 PM

Part 44 - The longest and most tedious mini-game in video game history. I really wish Pooh would walk a bit faster than a snail speed waddle...

Makes me wonder if you're at least going to do the full party run of the Hades Cup. At your level, it's doable, but really, REALLY hard. I've done it in full from 49th seed to 1st seed right after sealing Hallow Bastion, but in the 2nd to last seed, I was literally a split second from dying since all of the elite Heartless kept hitting me left and right. And that was on NORMAL mode. Hades Cup is going to be FUN on Expert Mode around the early 50s, especially with the bosses doing massive amounts of damage. I'm almost expecting a lot of rage and failing. Although the former is a rarity from you anyway Melee. The closest I've seen was in IoR and CoP.

#63 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:41 PM

Since you're coming up on the end of this game, do you already have your next non-ZC game picked out? I ask because I have a request. A new game in my favorite series (Distorted Travesty 3: Saved Game) came out on the 6th. I played through some of it, and it's a ton of fun, and I'd love if you can try it out. It has a sort of "Story Thus Far" thing, so you don't necessarily have to play the first two games to know what's going on, and the play controls are unique out of the series.

Each world, or Gate, has a different theme to it, giving you different attacks and abilities. For example, Gate 1 is based off of the Mario series, so you can jump on enemies to defeat them, and fight bosses like Bowser and Cackletta. Gate 2 is based off of Adventure of Link, so you'd get a sword, arrows, bombs, etc. As you gain new movesets, you can switch between them in non-themed areas, giving you a ton of options on how to play.

Due to past crises of indecision, I now have my next three games (both ZC and otherwise) planned ahead of time.  I have played some of DT1 and watched raocow LP them.  I might give DT3 a try and see how it looks.

#64 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 10 October 2015 - 01:29 PM

Part 45

Time to get back to business--but wait, there's more!

Part B1: Kurt Zisa

#65 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 12 October 2015 - 01:25 PM

Part 46

Hades Cup doesn't seem to turn anybody away, does it?

#66 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 14 October 2015 - 01:56 PM

Part 47

Part B2: Phantom

After reading about what the Phantom fight entailed, I had always written him off as outside my skillset.  The fact that it's a flying battle doesn't help matters.  I guess it took me actually fighting him to fully appreciate it, though figuring out how to deal with that homing attack he has was definitely a pain in the neck.

#67 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:20 PM

Part 48

Part B3: Ice Titan

It's always a little sad when a boss becomes a regular enemy, especially when it's not in the coliseum.

#68 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 16 October 2015 - 11:02 PM

Phantom is so deadly if you don't know what you're doing. The fact a single hit knocks out like 75% of your HP doesn't help. That and if that homing shot hits you and you're not protected by Aeroga, you're pretty much screwed unless you manage to survive. I had countless times I spammed Curaga and survived by literally a frame, only for the next time to get it interrupted until I was killed. If only I would have known as a kid items can't get interrupted. Or that I could have used the Clock Tower to hide from it. OR that I should have gotten the Dalmatians from there BEFORE the rescue. The stuff you find out too late...To be honest, the Doom spell Phantom uses is the least of your worries. It's his extremely high damage and gimmick that makes him a pain.

Isn't that common for games to demote bosses down to regular enemies later on? Because technically, Large Bodies were deadly enough at debut to qualify as a mini-boss. By the time you're up to the tier 2 spells and prior to the rescue, they're a complete joke. Only thing about the End of the World Behemoth is its Strength and Defense are between the Hallow Bastion and 40th Seed version, and I noticed the damage cap is much higher against it as well. It's really odd how at a certain point, enemies don't take anymore damage. Like for bosses, even with 60+ Strength, it will always take 15-20 hits depending on the boss to deplete one bar of life. Better than the first time I beat Hades; I was so terribly weak that even with the Oblivion Keychain equipped, I was only doing a tiny sliver of HP per hit. Even a full combo was barely doing what damage you were doing in a single hit to even the superbosses.

#69 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 17 October 2015 - 02:32 AM

If I remember right, the game classifies boss battles as a special type of event, and when it detects that you're fighting a boss, it will set a stat cap on your character's attack and defense for the duration of the fight. It's for balancing purposes, I suppose, so that you don't just grind out massive amounts of stat boosting items and grind to LV 99

Although 1-shotting each form of the final boss would have been rather fun to do. (One time, I got to a point in the fight where you can destroy all of the turrets and leave the enemy for the phase utterly defenseless, then let Donald and Goofy whittle its HP down to 1 for me. That took a very long time.)

#70 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 18 October 2015 - 01:49 PM

Part 49

As tough as this thing is, just imagine what he could do if he could move.

#71 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 20 October 2015 - 01:41 PM

Part 50
Part 50.5: Ansem's Report

The last fight of the Hades Cup seems comically trivial.  Losing to this thing would practically have to be done on purpose.

#72 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:20 PM

Part 51 (Final)

When I eventually get there, which version of Chain of Memories would you rather see me play, GBA or PS2?

#73 Fiyaball

Fiyaball

I'll stop hoarding RPGs someday

• Members

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:21 PM

I'd say the GBA version; the Org. 13 members are more mysterious in that one, and doesn't have any awkward music/ battle mechanics. 

#74 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:27 PM

I have the PS2 game, and a way to record, so I thought it would be fun to ask if you wanted to race.

EDIT: Oh, so you'd be playing blind? If you'd like (if you agreed to the race idea), I could play on Expert while you did Beginner/Standard or something.

Edited by kurt91, 23 October 2015 - 03:19 AM.

#75 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:25 AM

Blind or otherwise, this kind of game isn't the sort that I'd be inclined to play efficiently.  Racing Chain of Memories, regardless of which version is being used, would be both a train wreck and completely one-sided in your favor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users