• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#31 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:25 PM

Part 22

These tournaments are always going to be a thorn in my side, aren't they?

#32 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:05 PM

The time limit rounds are NOT solo. If they were, it would be much, MUCH harder. Then again, doing the 3 minute time limit for the Pegasus or Hercules Cups is extremely hard unless you're grinded out to the point you can kill most standard enemies in a couple hits. I honestly had to wait until around level 75ish before I could do it, although IMO by the time the final cup comes around, solo'ing it is actually pretty easy and the time limit is 20 minutes, which if you're 75+, you'll have no problem clearing it within 20 minutes, even if it's 49 rounds long.

I'm starting to think you should equip Sora with just Ethers, since they seem to be a better investment than Potions / Hi-Potions. Three Cures are already healing more than a Hi-Potion can. Maybe having a Mega Potion or two since Donald and Goofy are actually WORTH keeping alive now thanks to Cure and MP Gift respectively.

#33 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:00 AM

Yeah, just like RedmageAdam says, the timed fights are not solo. They're pretty easily managed, or at least the Phil Cup is, so you shouldn't have much trouble getting the prize for it.

I never thought of trying to reflect the fireballs that the Fat Bandits shoot at you. I always stuck with the stereotypical Ice vs. Fire approach, and spammed Blizzard up close. It's like a shotgun, so close range attacks do massive damage, on top of the Blizzard weakness those guys have.

By the way, if you have some patience, now that you've unlocked Rabbit's house, you can get some awesome stuff. If I remember right, you should be able to pull up the plants in his garden. You can score some free Potions, Ethers, and I think Elixirs from doing so, and they respawn if you leave and come back.

I had no Internet access while on vacation, so I left at about the end of Wonderland. I'm just skipping straight to the current videos, so I'm not spending an eternity playing catch-up. Two questions I'd like to ask, though. First off, did I miss anything particularly interesting, or just a typical run so far? Second question, but is anybody watching this who's never played the game before? Some parts to this game are just breathtaking, the first time you see it. Especially a particular late-game world, but I don't want to spoil it too much.

#34 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:48 PM

Part 23

I wonder if Donald's transformation magic has a duration or something.  Best not think about it, I guess.

#35 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:14 PM

Part 24

Time to go meet some friendly sea creatures... and some that aren't so friendly... and also a shark.

#36 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 31 August 2015 - 03:50 PM

Part 25

I propose a new motto for RPGs everywhere:  No matter where you go, no matter how lost you get, there will always be something/somebody to fight.

#37 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:06 PM

Part 26

Who's up for some calamari?

#38 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:33 PM

Part 27

Sometimes it's amazing what difference a few levels make.

#39 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:04 PM

^Not to mention actually equipping Second Chance and on top of that, I believe you got a +Strength and +Defense in Atlantica as well that made all the difference.

#40 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:34 PM

Part 28

When you tinker around with things you don't fully understand, there are often consequences.

#41 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 08 September 2015 - 02:30 PM

Part 29

If you leave your deciding moments to the whimsy of fate, can you claim to have free will?

#42 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:13 PM

Part 30

Precision platforming can be tricky at the best of times.  Throw in the perspective of a not-entirely-cooperative camera and you get a headache waiting to happen.

#43 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:01 PM

Part 31

In which we encounter someone focused on one singular objective... and we see Riku as well.

#44 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:17 PM

Part 32

Swimming through air is just like swimming through water... with some extra consequences thrown in if something goes wrong.

#45 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:18 PM

Part 33

I hope Hades wasn't watching my match against Hercules.  If he was, he would have discovered Herc's secret weakness: barrels to the head.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users