Stream

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#31 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:01 PM

I really want to finnish the amy rose LP, but without some kind of cheat code it's impossible. I'm at eggman and theres gohmas

There's 10 videos coming, I cant finish it until it is fixed

Edited by GhostKnight22, 06 April 2015 - 08:34 PM.

#32 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:12 PM

Finished my LttP LP and I have no idea why the game isn't syncing with the audio when I lowered the fps to 30, mayber it's youtube. It looks fine when I see it on my computer but not on youtube.

kQ116T8.pngDo any of you guys see this alot?

After I get all my requests done, if nobody has anymore, I will record one of the bests quests I have ever played (I have never seen an LP on it unless it has been done recently)

Edited by GhostKnight22, 07 April 2015 - 09:09 PM.

#33 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:34 AM

I really want to finnish the amy rose LP, but without some kind of cheat code it's impossible. I'm at eggman and theres gohmas

Yeeeeeah that's a bad move on my part. There should be some kind of cheat code in the quest already... if not I'll add one in.

#34 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:35 PM

I finally figured out how to make Snes9x sync audio and video while recording. I'm bout to play megaman x2 since it's not that long, it's been a while since I played it.

I haven't forgotten about the other ones, I just don't feel like playing them right now

Edited by GhostKnight22, 10 April 2015 - 06:36 PM.

#35 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:06 PM

Beat X2 in about 2 1/2 hours, bout to try doublevision, never played before. It's on of Mr. Z's quests, I played Link's Birthday DX before but none of the other ones, I'll put the playlist for X2 once it's done uploading.

Edit: My bad, I meant to say Idiot In Another Dimension, but I get quest names confused sometimes because they both have to do with dimensions

Edited by GhostKnight22, 10 April 2015 - 10:30 PM.

#36 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:05 AM

The megaman X2 playlist is up

#37 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:53 PM

Well I finished an LP on Idiot in Another Dimension by Mr. Z but I couldn't have finished without knowing what the cheat code was. I found it somewhere in the forums, it's about 5.5 hours long, there were 3 areas where cheating was required due to backwards compatibility bugs but enough of that. I'll link up the playlist for it in the first post.

I got carnage in space II and Amy Rose 2 for requests. Carnage in Space II is hard as hell and seems to not have momentum properties, like the character slows down in midair when he should be going faster. Amy Rose 2 might take me a long time so I might not do it in one go.

If you guys have any better ideas, let me know

Edited by GhostKnight22, 11 April 2015 - 08:55 PM.

• Eddy likes this

#38 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 11 April 2015 - 11:25 PM

Having the character stop before dashing seems like a really minor thing to hate on. Regardless, it is a really weird behavior so I removed it for the next update (not uploaded yet). As for the game being hard as hell, well... it is. Though the highscores can attest that it is beatable by people other than me. I'm planning to add the option to (permanently) lower your difficulty without restarting your save, though.

Edit: And you won't die in pits until you fall out of the screen. I know you had an issue with that too.

Edited by MoscowModder, 11 April 2015 - 11:44 PM.

• SyrianBallaS likes this

#39 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:09 AM

Well it's not too big a deal, just stating my opinion. Momentum is a big thing in fast action side scrollers. I just keep on dying a thousand times, I'll get to it if I feel like challenging myself.

Edit: I don't know you at all but I'm guessing your an indie developer judging from the quality of the work, it is ok but I know it can be much better.

Edit2: I think you misunderstood the dashing part, it seems that the character slows down in the middle of a dash jump

Edited by GhostKnight22, 12 April 2015 - 06:16 AM.

#40 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:12 AM

Amy Rose 2 might take me a long time so I might not do it in one go.

Well, I can definitely confirm that AR2 is faster and shorter than AR1, but yeah, I'm looking forward to watching that one when it begins in the future. Also, that's fine if you won't do it in one go, I'm completely fine with it.

Talking about that, I've picked up AR1 again. I'll probably finish watching the LP soon enough.

• SyrianBallaS likes this

#41 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:41 AM

Well it's not too big a deal, just stating my opinion. Momentum is a big thing in fast action side scrollers. I just keep on dying a thousand times, I'll get to it if I feel like challenging myself.

If it helps, I'm planning to have Easy mode run at 85% speed or therabouts.

Edit: I don't know you at all but I'm guessing your an indie developer judging from the quality of the work, it is ok but I know it can be much better.

If by indie you mean one guy doing everything (plus another graphics guy).

Edit2: I think you misunderstood the dashing part, it seems that the character slows down in the middle of a dash jump

Yeah, that's exactly what I fixed last night.

#42 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:43 AM

What I mean by Indie is pretty much what you said, basically independent from any established company where you own everything.

I'm sure you know but I'm going to say this anyways. It's a bad habit of mine but I'm at a point where it's hard for me to change.

His speed isn't the main issue, it's just unless the physics are different (i.e., space or water), logically speaking (which all software development is based on, not just games) acceleration is constant on a rectangular plane. Angular momentum is the same as acceleration but in a 3d space. The same concept applies.

Logic is the basis for all development, but don't worry what you're doing almost never goes according to plan. Same thing happens to me when I make applications for research. Most people in your shoes wouldn't even bother doing what you're doing for no money unless they truly enjoy it. I find that admirable.

You should read up on AGILE development strategies if you need help organizing your work, game development is extremley complex but it can be done one step at a time. Usually games need teams of 50 to up to 300 or more depending on the complexity. Complexity is one of the major problems of software development but organization can help you out.

Edited by GhostKnight22, 12 April 2015 - 09:55 AM.

#43 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:28 AM

Alright I got 12 videos up for the Amy Rose 2 playthrough where we do the normal zelda fare. This quest has a much better story and almost none of the npcs are useless. We also do some minor sequence breaking to abuse the flaws by using tricks with the feather. Been doing this on and off but didn't upload them till yesterday, I'll probably start recording more after I get some studying done

Edited by GhostKnight22, 13 April 2015 - 10:29 AM.

• Eddy likes this

#44 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:52 AM

Got more videos for Amy Rose 2 LP, we actually beat some levels this time but still leave level 7 because I want a stronger sword

• Eddy likes this

#45 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:51 AM

I finished the AR2 LP and the videos are being uploaded

• Eddy likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Stream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users