ZC Stream

• Please log in to reply
411 replies to this topic

#406 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:40 PM

Yeah, easier to find the other side that you can access with a regular bomb.  If you're curious, my LP should show where the more accessible point in each pair of levels is

• Eddy and Lightwulf like this

#407 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 16 July 2016 - 05:37 AM

Yeah, easier to find the other side that you can access with a regular bomb.  If you're curious, my LP should show where the more accessible point in each pair of levels is

I'll probably check out the LP when I get stuck or whatever, but I'll keep that in mind.

• Lightwulf likes this

#408 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:30 PM

If I remember correctly, those round rocks in the dungeons are things you can blow up with a superbomb. They serve as paths between dungeons. I think all the dungeons are built so that they connect on a screen-per-screen basis consistently across the overworld, which is how those transitions work. One of the rocks (I think the one in L3) allows you to enter the part of L1 with the otherwise inaccessible heart piece on the right side of the room. The problem with it though, given that super bombs can be somewhat rare/expensive, is that because those rooms are NES dungeon rooms, they don't stay bombed, so you have to re-bomb them every time you want to cross dungeons in that way.

That would be level 2, actually. ;)

In earlier stages of the quest, I had a super-bombable boulder on each side, but I changed it after people reported the problems with it.  Now there's just one boulder on one side while the other side is a non-marked bombable wall.  Still, if you backtrack, the boulder will be back, but if you (are able to) just go one way, you only have to use one super bomb.

#409 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:35 AM

Alright, so brief update. I'm gonna be heading off to my yearly holiday in Portugal in 3 days, and I haven't had the time to record any new videos for the week because I'm starting to get ready for the holidays. Because of that, I decided to go ahead and make this update video a few days in advance before I leave. So yeah, there won't be any new videos until the 22nd August or so. I'll definitely be resuming Islands of Zelda when I get back though!

• Lightwulf likes this

#410 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:46 AM

That would be level 2, actually. ;)

Well of course, that's what I meant. L1 being L1-before-the-current-one. It's kind of like the understood "you" in "get the paper stretcher already" - "you, get the paper stretcher already." The full phrase being L1(before-the-current-one), where L1 = L3 - 1 = L2, but who actually writes all that out? I suppose such verbal allusions to math might be easy to overlook, especially when part of the equation is expected to be understood automatically, but it doesn't change the facts of the matter.

OK, I meant L2.

"The blue one," I should have called it :P

• Lightwulf likes this

#411 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:11 AM

Islands of Zelda Part 4

After about 2 or 3 months of no recording, I am finally back with the next part of Islands of Zelda! I take on Level 4 in this part and wonder around the overworld a bit, finding some stuff I missed out. Also decided to give facecam a try, and I think it's working alright so far.

#412 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 22 September 2016 - 12:13 PM

Islands of Zelda Part 5

As soon as I think I start making progress, I completely get lost and make none at all. So most of this episode is me getting lost in the Big Island Desert. How exciting :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ZC, Stream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users