This Thread is a Suggestion Box.

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 22 November 2008 - 03:17 PM

Hey guys. icon_smile.gif

As some of you may be aware, I recently acquired full access to our FTP server. I know me saying it like this makes it sound like I stole it but, whatever. icon_heh.gif Anyway! While we (the staff) do have a list of things we're going to be working on in the near future, I know how it is to be a regular user.. Full of ideas and no place to suggest them.

So, I'm give everyone the chance to suggest things that should be fixed, need to be fixed, as well as just various things that it might be nice to see around here.

I can't guarantee that everything suggested will be fixed/added but, I can guarantee that all suggestions will be read by either myself or another staff member.

Thanks.
-Teilyr

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 November 2008 - 03:20 PM

... can't they just use the dropbox? icon_heh.gif

Nah, discussion is good. I'd like to see more bacon, though. icon_deformed.gif

#3 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 22 November 2008 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Nov 22 2008, 03:20 PM) View Post

... can't they just use the dropbox? icon_heh.gif
I was waiting for someone to say that. I'll quote something I said in the admin forum.
QUOTE(Teilyr @ Nov 22 2008, 03:18 PM) View Post

I know, I could've just put it in the staff dropbox forum but, whatever. It seemed like a good idea at the time.
I rest my case. icon_razz.gif

#4 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:01 PM

Where's this suggestion box, I can't see it.
I also can't see how different it would be from the staff drop box (no, Teilyr's second post didn't enlighten me either). And if it's visible and postable by all members as TS' post suggests, then how different it is from assistance and propositions? This whole thread sounds like a rick roll...

#5 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:08 PM

This thread is the suggestion box. icon_razz.gif

#6 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:39 PM

So says ShadowTiger, anyway.

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Nov 22 2008, 04:01 PM) View Post

Where's this suggestion box, I can't see it.
I also can't see how different it would be from the staff drop box (no, Teilyr's second post didn't enlighten me either). And if it's visible and postable by all members as TS' post suggests, then how different it is from assistance and propositions? This whole thread sounds like a rick roll...
*slams head into wall* (mine, not yours.)

#7 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:41 PM

*Blows smoke off of an eerily glowingly red cursor*

So, we've got the History page, the Chat Page, the Staff Page, ... and I don't think all that much is of a high priority relative to what must be done. ... and we're already doing that, I think. But I'm not thinking, so...

#8 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:52 PM

Hence this topic. I'm sure there's some people out there that have ideas that we haven't thought of. So.

#9 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 22 November 2008 - 05:51 PM

I have done minor updates to the history and chat pages, as well as replaced the (really dumb) old poll with a new one that will be up until December. I have also rid us of the April Fool's logo. I think it was about time that we took it down ... icon_razz.gif

Anything else need done?

#10 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:22 PM

I have a suggestion, and I think I may be able to contribute to the final outcome.

EDIT: Please see my next post. This one was full of redundancy because I didn't realize the "Contribution" had already been accomplished!

Edited by TheMasterSwordsman, 22 November 2008 - 09:23 PM.

#11 Dustminion

Dustminion

Shouri da nasu!

• Members

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:11 PM

I remember one time, Bengal said he was thinking of putting a restriction on outdated, stupid interned fads and memes (like "over 9000," rickrolling, "chargin lazors," "this is madness/Sparta," etc.) in chat. I was one of the people who fully supported the idea. They contribute nothing, and they're annoying and unfunny.

I'd like to know if this has been implemented yet or other staff's opinion on it. I believe Bengal said he needed a second staff opinion on it before it could be made a rule.

#12 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:39 PM

Another thing we could probably look over is our list of affiliates. Something is bound to be way outdated in there. Most are many years old, and sites often cease to exist over time.

#13 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:52 PM

List of broken Links

Zelda Fna GAme Expo
The Gaming Universe
I think Koike Kids is down
intesized (http://irc.initialized.org/) need I say more

Thats all I could find you may want to take a chack at the other ones

#14 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:25 PM

Hey, well, since the chat stats was already taken, I've undertaken a new script: The Random Quest. Basically, it grabs a quest with a rating of at least 4 stars and puts its link and story information on the front page (for use in the right sidebar on the main site).

I've left a link containing prototype code in the staff dropbox, staff. Don't use it just yet, it's just to show the logic behind the idea... and you don't have to understand PHP to look at it, but I hope you've had JavaScript or C experience if not PHP, because if not this will be total Greek to you.

#15 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE(billy ronald @ Nov 22 2008, 08:52 PM) View Post

List of broken Links

Zelda Fna GAme Expo
The Gaming Universe
I think Koike Kids is down
intesized (http://irc.initialized.org/) need I say more

Thats all I could find you may want to take a chack at the other ones

I got rid of the ones that I crossed out above. Not sure about Kokiri Kids for now. I will wait on that one.
Kokiri Kids is one of those parked domain search sites, as Bengal pointed out to me, so that one is truly dead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users