• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:00 AM

On January 1st, 2013, we will start not only Map of the Month 36 but also Map of the Year, 2012 Edition. The winners from MotMs 28-35 will compete in a two-round tournament to crown the year's winner. The idea is that the first round will be two four-way matches from January 1 to January 15, and the second round will be a head-to-head competition between the winners of the first round from January 16 to January 31. On February 1st, we'll start Map of the Month 37 and declare the winner of 2012. It'll be a blast!

One matter of note is the arrangement of the two competitions in the first round. I intend to arrange it as the #1, #4, #5, and #8 seeds in one match and the #2, #3, #6, and #7 seeds in the other. The seeds will be based on the number of votes received plus the margins of victory over all those that member defeated in their respective contests. It's not perfect, but it's the only objective way I can see going about things.

Whatever the case, I'm excited, and I'll see you on New Year's Day for the great kickoff! icon_biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users