Super Smash Bros. Project M 3.5

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

Hey everyone, I have been playing a lot of Smash Bros, but I've been REALLY getting into Project M. This is a mod of Super Smash Bros. Brawl that gives the game balance and speeds up the gameplay to Melee standards. It's not a 1:1 copy of Melee, but it is fun nonetheless. :)

Anyways, the team has recently released demo version 2.6 which includes a balanced out (thank God) Metaknight and various improvements to Link to allow him to compete against even the speedy characters like Fox, Sonic, and Captain Falcon. The work that has gone into this mod is phenomenal. It feels better than any official Smash Bros. game I've played. (opinion) This is coming from someone who has played ALL of the Smash Bros. games and enjoyed both Melee and Brawl equally for what they were.

You can get the game here: http://projectmgame.com/en/
Download the Full Version if you are going to play offline, and the Wifi-Safe set if you are going to use Wifi or Replays.

Also, I know that this thread was mainly just to talk about the game (and updates), but since it is a mod of Brawl, it obviously has online capabilities. If anyone wants to play with someone here, just post your friend code here and grab the wifi-safe version. I'll also post mine here.

FC: 4639-9806-2153
Happy Smashing!

UPDATE: Project M 3.0 has been released. It includes Roy and Mewtwo.
UPDATE 2: Project M 3.5 has been released.

#2 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

Well, when you get back to regular Brawls I'll do those with ya later.  xD

#3 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

Looking at the trailer for Metaknight, it's pretty easy to assume that he's nerfed down pretty well, but still really good.  :cat:

On the actual topic at hand, I've been wanting to try this out for a while, but I really don't want to use my 3DS SD Card, so I'm a little hesitant to get this.

#4 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:29 AM

"PAL users: there is currently no release for PAL." :(

#5 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

Looking at the trailer for Metaknight, it's pretty easy to assume that he's nerfed down pretty well, but still really good.  :cat:

On the actual topic at hand, I've been wanting to try this out for a while, but I really don't want to use my 3DS SD Card, so I'm a little hesitant to get this.

You can use your SD card for multiple things. It won't affect your 3DS data.

"PAL users: there is currently no release for PAL." :(

Is your Wii soft-modded Avataro?

#6 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:23 AM

Is your Wii soft-modded Avataro?

Yes it is. I have a homebrew channel.

#7 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

You can use your SD card for multiple things. It won't affect your 3DS data.

I know, but I'd still have less blocks for 3DS stuff if I downloaded it. >.> <.<

Just asking though, how big(In Megabytes) is Project M?

Edited by Goriya, 20 July 2013 - 07:31 AM.

#8 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

Yes it is. I have a homebrew channel.

Okay. Then all you need to do is get an NTSC copy of Brawl and use StartPatch to region-free your Wii. Then you will use a USB loader to load the NTSC copy (or you can buy another copy of Brawl if you want to spend more money on one game). I won't tell you how to get it for obvious reasons. This should allow you to use the mod. I don't have a PAL Wii, so I can't test it myself, but, theoretically, it should work. Plus, if it doesn't work, you can get other benefits from doing this.

I know, but I'd still have less blocks for 3DS stuff if I downloaded it. >.> <.<

Just asking though, how big(In Megabytes) is Project M?

It is 235 Megabytes. It doesn't take up too much space on a 2 Gigabyte SD card.

#9 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:26 AM

I absolutly love this mod.  I paired it with the Pixel pack so my character select screen is full of pixel art versions of the cast.

I really love the Castlevania stage over Luigi's mansion.  Got some Vampire Killer over it, instant fave.

#10 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:07 AM

Yeah, this mod is absolutely fantastic. :)

#11 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

Demo 2.6b is out which has some bugfixes and fixes some gameplay oddities that some users had pointed out. ;) This is my opinion, but I think this is how Brawl should have been.

#12 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

Seems their server is still down.  Last I heard on Kotaku, was that it got DoS'd to death.  There's a special place in hell for people that DoS other servers like that...

#13 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

New reveal! I know I'm kind of late, but I was at college.

#14 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

Oh my goodness I don't know what to say that is completely amazing how do you get this game. O.O

Roy looks better than Marth. :lol: I have actually considered getting a Wii just for this project. Does Project M feel as good as it looks?

-Strike

#15 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

Oh my goodness I don't know what to say that is completely amazing how do you get this game. O.O

Roy looks better than Marth. :lol: I have actually considered getting a Wii just for this project. Does Project M feel as good as it looks?

-Strike

It does. Take Smash Bros. Melee and turn it into Brawl while keeping what made Melee great, balance the characters to make them ALL top tier capable, and you've got Project M. This will be in version 3.0. The current public version is 2.6b.

Also, Version 3.0 will have a special mode called Turbo Mode.
In this mode, you can cancel any move into another move to string together ridiculous combos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIsP4ZPfB4shttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_c1-JIGFGA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users