PureZC Mafia!!

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 02:25 PM

Okay, for those who don't know what the Mafia game is: http://en.wikipedia....ki/Mafia_(game)

Example of it being played: http://www.smwcentra...&id=7397&page=0

The game starts on a Night Round. Here, people who can be active during the Night, such as Mafia, the Sheriff, etc., PM me with who they want to target. I then take action, depending on what the person's role is... Also, if you even have a role, I send a PM before the game starts telling you what your role is- Getting no PM means you're just a Citizen. After that, a Day Round comes. I tell who died (if anyone), and everyone begins posting here, making accusations. You all vote for who you think is Mafia, and who you want dead. If you got information at night, you can state your findings here, but it puts you at risk of being killed at Night by the Mafia, if you're on the side of the Citizens... Mafia members also vote during this Round, too, but they have to be careful not to blow their covers... Then, after enough votes are collected, and enough time has passed, or everyone votes, whoever got the most votes is killed off, and another Night Round starts. This loop continues until the Mafia outnumber the Citizens, or all the Mafia die.

So, I'm considering following the rules from the SMW Central version, with the average Mafia:Citizen ratio at 1:3...

Current roles:

Citizens:

Sheriff: Can investigate 1 person on each Night Round. I will PM back stating whether the player is Mafia or Citizen.
Insomniac: Can hear everything that goes on in both adjacent rooms at night. The Insomniac doesn't know who the person was, but only what they were doing. If it happened in the Insomniac's room, however, he/she knows how the person is... (I believe I PM you at this point, stating just what happened.)
Trapper: Traps one player's room at night, even his or her own. If ANYONE goes to this player's room during the same Night Round, that person dies. Yes, ANYONE. Mafia, Doctor... It matters not. The person will DIE when they try to leave.
Doctor: During the Night Round, the Doctor PMs me with the name of one player. If the Mafia tries to kill this person during the same Night Round, the player will be saved by the Doctor and will not die.
Policeman: Once per game, on a Day Round, the Policeman can arrest one player and take them out for the rest of the game. This does not affect the Daily Lynch, nor the Policeman's Day vote.

Mafia:

Mafia: Basic Mafia role. During the Night Round, all Mafia members PM me with the name of ONE player they want to kill. They know who all the Mafia are, but the Citizens DON'T. However, the Mafia doesn't know who their Thugs are!
Godfather: Has the same roles as the Mafia, but when investigated by the Sheriff, the Godfather comes back as an innocent Citizen... He also cannot be killed at night! Oh noes!
Thug: During a Day Round, if a Thug feels a Mafia member is gonna get killed by the Daily Lynch, he/she can step in and take the bullet instead. They do not know who the Mafia are, and are counted as Citizen on the Ratio scale.

Okay, who wants to play? Also, feel free to come up with your own role ideas, but please, no "HOW ABOUT SUM ROLZ THAT CANT B KILD LULZ" stuff. (AKA, don't make any "godmodding" or "pwnage" roles. Stuff that's REASONABLE only, y'know?)

Edited by Matthew, 03 July 2008 - 09:59 AM.

#2 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:36 PM

I shall play. Looks like fun. (Ten fricking times funner than the watered-down version I've played in real life.)

So, you're just gonna randomly hand out roles?

#3 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:31 PM

I'll play. This sounds like fun.

#4 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:13 PM

sounds like a plan. I'm in!1one

#5 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:28 PM

Yep, I'm in too. icon_smile.gif

#6 Surreal Canine

Surreal Canine

Master of Disaster

• Members

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:02 PM

I'll play too.

#7 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:24 PM

Wait, so let me clarify the rules... The Day Round is when people on each side decide who they want to kill, and the Night Round is when those people are killed and/or use their special abilities? Or did you say the Mafia don't get a say in who they target each night?

Other than those things, I think I get this game.

I'll probably play, but I want to see more players besides those already signed up. Maybe I'll advertise this thread on my sig or whatever. icon_smile.gif

#8 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE(Schwa @ Jun 26 2008, 05:24 PM) View Post

Wait, so let me clarify the rules... The Day Round is when people on each side decide who they want to kill, and the Night Round is when those people are killed and/or use their special abilities? Or did you say the Mafia don't get a say in who they target each night?

Other than those things, I think I get this game.

I'll probably play, but I want to see more players besides those already signed up. Maybe I'll advertise this thread on my sig or whatever. icon_smile.gif

Okay, here's how it goes:

Round 1: Night Round- The Mafia members PM the one running the game (currently me) with who they want to kill. Godfather gets to decide who is lynched (killed) if there's a tie for the "winner", and also has his/her own vote. Those who can use their powers at night, such as Sheriff, Doctor, etc., do so in a PM to me. After that's done, the one who was killed is mentioned (or saved, if they were saved by the Doctor), then the Day Round comes.
Round 2: Day Round- Everyone votes on who they believe is Mafia, or can choose not to kill, a no-kill. If people have powers they can activate here, they may do so. The Sheriff and Insomniac can state their information learned from the Night Round, but doing so means they basically are killed in the next Night Round...well, if the Mafia wants them dead, that is. After everyone votes, or a set amount of time has passed, the one who was lynched (if anyone) is announced, and it goes back to the Night Round.
Round 3: Night Round- Same as before. It loops endlessly like this until the game is over.

Hope that helps. And yeah, advertisement would be nice. icon_wink.gif

#9 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:50 PM

Got it. Sounds awesome. Another question though... This is probably obvious, but if someone is lynched, whether he was Mafia or a Citizen, does that mean he's out of the game? Or can he still post in the thread as long as he doesn't interfere with the flow of the game and stuff? Like, I don't mind it if for example I'm killed off early and that means I'm done with the thread, but someone else might.

Okay, I'll put a link to here in my sig. You should too. icon_razz.gif

#10 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE(Schwa @ Jun 26 2008, 07:50 PM) View Post

Got it. Sounds awesome. Another question though... This is probably obvious, but if someone is lynched, whether he was Mafia or a Citizen, does that mean he's out of the game? Or can he still post in the thread as long as he doesn't interfere with the flow of the game and stuff? Like, I don't mind it if for example I'm killed off early and that means I'm done with the thread, but someone else might.

Okay, I'll put a link to here in my sig. You should too. icon_razz.gif

They can continue posting, but they may NOT interact with the game at ALL, such as voting and sharing information. Normally, lynched people just "complain" about their deaths, and stay silent after that....some just go "I haunt [player]" sometimes, too.

#11 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:22 PM

Count me in. I love this game.

#12 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:43 AM

Sounds sweet. I'm in as well.

#13 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 28 June 2008 - 11:39 AM

Okay, we have 8 people playing, if I counted right... I'm aiming for at least 12 people. Tell as many people as you can, guys, but try not to get obnoxious about it! icon_razz.gif

#14 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:09 PM

Why not? Count me in.

#15 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Wizard

• Members

Posted 28 June 2008 - 08:34 PM

What the heck? Didn't I create a thread for this about a month ago? Either way, I'm in. Trying to get myself interested in ZC again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users