Photo

Cave of Ordeals (spoiler)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 May 2007 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ May 24 2007, 06:02 PM) View Post

Sniping Dinfols with bomb arrows is fun. >D

Is it Dinolfos or Dinofols? I'd like to think the former, since it's consistent with Lizalfos. icon_unsettled.gif

*searches WikiPedia*

It says Dinolfos for OoT, Dinofols for MM, and Dynalfos for TP. I wonder why the difference? icon_confused.gif

Anyways, yeah, I do the same as you. icon_razz.gif But, if you knock it down and press A at just the right time, you can do the finishing move on it; usually it gets up too fast, but not if you're faster. icon_superevil.gif

#17 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:08 PM

yes, finishing moves can be performed on a Dynalfos, but you must be insanely quick.

#18 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:35 PM

Dynalfos can be destroyed by Bomb arrows. But, you have to time it carefully before they see you, otherwise, they'll block it with it's shield.

#19 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:57 PM

Just thought of something. Does anyone else know about the torch trick in the cave?

#20 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE(Relic @ May 24 2007, 07:57 PM) View Post

Just thought of something. Does anyone else know about the torch trick in the cave?

I never heard of that.

#21 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:14 PM

Use the Gale Boomerang on the torches when you enter a room. Take them both out, and you'll open the door in the next room. Meaning you only have to fight like, four or five battles to make it to the end

I'm not sure about the first time you visit, but I did that after I completed the second run through the cave

#22 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:27 PM

Lol, just beat it the third time, but this time, I use the Infinate Arrow Glitch.
hehe, mass arrows sniping!
I think I use hookshot a lot. I'm not sure... but the third time I used all out bomb arrows.

#23 Fox

Fox

Will the Hero rise again?

• Members

Posted 25 May 2007 - 02:45 AM

That reminds me, I still need to get to that three-heart challenge (plus other restrictions). That was discussed a long time ago. Don't know if anybody (besides HappyPuppet) actually finished the challenge, but I'd like to join the ranks.

If you don't recall, the challenge was three hearts, no shield, no bottles, no hidden skills (besides finishing move), and no magic armor. I think that's it... don't remember exactly. I'm sure some people would argue that you should put the Zora armor on, but at that point, you're adding things you have to do rather than taking away things.

#24 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 25 May 2007 - 06:05 AM

well, the Zora Armor doesn't really add any extra protection, and in fact decreases your resistance to ice and fire, so other than breathing underwater, its more of a hinderance then a boon. So I don't see why getting Zora Armor would break that challenge.

#25 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE(Fox @ May 25 2007, 03:45 AM) View Post

That reminds me, I still need to get to that three-heart challenge (plus other restrictions). That was discussed a long time ago. Don't know if anybody (besides HappyPuppet) actually finished the challenge, but I'd like to join the ranks.

I don't do those challenges. I just do speed runs. My last was about 18 hours, exactly. I think there's a faster way, though. I still did some of the sidequests, so I could probably chop the time down considerably if I skip the small stuff and just do the big stuff. icon_unsettled.gif

I'm considering starting a three-heart run, now that you bring that back up. icon_smile.gif
QUOTE(Fox @ May 25 2007, 03:45 AM) View Post

If you don't recall, the challenge was three hearts, no shield, no bottles, no hidden skills (besides finishing move), and no magic armor. I think that's it... don't remember exactly.

O RLY? Dude, I just thought you play the game normally, without picking up any HC's or HCP's. Oh, and you can't go through TP without getting the first bottle: you have to get a fish for the cat, to throw Sera off her slump. Sera then gives you the first bottle. It's the only way to get the Slingshot, which you need to beat the game. And, unless you mean to get the shield burned away in the Goron Mines, there's no way to progress without the shield, either.

But it IS possible to go without learning the hidden skills.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users