Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:07 AM

Yay! I really liked it! But I think I would have liked it more if I wouldn't have been so tired... I was falling asleep half way through it. Too late for me after a week of school. Jack's hallucinations were awesome, that's all I'm gonna say ^__^ But I think after seeing the third one, I can safely say that the first is still my favorite.

#32 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 26 May 2007 - 11:24 AM

I saw it at three yesterday, let me say that it was one of the best movies I have ever seen.
I agree with you, Golden Chocobo, Jack's hallucinations were great "My peanut".

#33 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 26 May 2007 - 12:33 PM

I love it when he makes a first appearance and he's got about a hundred other hallucinations of himself running around on the ship as the crew.

xD My own personal fantasy.

#34 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 26 May 2007 - 01:19 PM

Tis kicked some serious ass. The final battle was climatic as it should have been (though all those other pirate Warlords did jack ****), and all the characters get their just desserts, particularly Jack and Barbossa. My absolute favorite part would have to be the midget and his mini-cannon. Kieth Richards was also ****ing awesome. The whole Calypso thing was kinda stupid though. That mega voodo chick just kinda was like.... wha?

Me and a good friend had a great talk about why the first was the best, and we whittled it down to being due to how the first one was much more focused on actual legends, or at the very least, followed the guidelines of certain legends much more closly, and was all in all more beliveable. The last two went way off the deep end with basically just taking the names off of legends and applying it to their plot.

Though the main reason we came to was because Pirates 1 was about a treasure hunt. The essence of pirating. The last two were much more a "Hollywood" plot of OMG, Big bad dude is going to destroy us! We must team up! Makes for a good movie, but the treasure hunt is more true the pirates nature.

#35 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 May 2007 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE(EatinCake @ May 26 2007, 02:19 PM) View Post

The last two went way off the deep end with basically just taking the names off of legends and applying it to their plot.

I also did the research, and, according to the REAL legends of the Flying Dutchman and Davy Jones is that the Flying Dutchman is a ghost that haunts Bikini Bottom and Davy Jones is a sports player that fills his Locker full of sweat socks ERR I MEAN -

The Flying Dutchman was the legendary ghost ship. None know who its captain was, only that it was a haunted ship. One of the legends believed is that the ship was infected with the Black Plague at a port, and thus, nobody would allow them to come to port, so they were doomed to sail the seven seas forever, never being allowed to come to port. Which probably attributed to Davy Jones only allowed to go to land but once every ten years.

Davy Jones was never even given a mainstream physical appearance until now. The only tales told was of the Locker, but nothing more.

So yeah, they did take some liberties with this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users