The Most Random Game Glich o' 2005.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Dethl

Dethl

@

• Members

Posted 29 December 2005 - 04:21 PM

I think the topic makes this obvious. Whats the most random glich you've found in a game this year (2005)?

Anyways, I was playing Mario and Luigi 2 today. I was just going up against the boss at the Star Temple. I enter the room, and realize I forgot to heal everyone.

WHOOPS.

Luigi was killed by his first attack on contact, and I immediently got a Supershroom up off Mario as B. Luigi was pulling him off. Then I watch. Baby Luigi comes back alone. It goes to his turn. I look up for another mushroom, wondering what happened to the other one. It woulden't allow me to use one, like as if all 4 bro's were alive, which they weren't.

A while later in the battle, everyone dies out. I still coulden't bring back Luigi. So, I was about to turn off the power, when I notice Game Over hadn't happened yet. I wondered if maybe Luigi finally came out of the stocking, yet.... nothing. The boss was just standing there, the 2 babies were lying face down, and Mario was pulled off, and Luigi was still gone. I left the DS on over Lunch, came back, nothing new. I took my Digital camera and got a 9 second movie from it as proof, and turned it off. I'm baffled as that. Fitting, though, that the corward of the group would abandon the team.

EDIT: If anyone wants to see that 9-second moviem then you'll have it wait. I have yet to upload it to my computer, and upload to the net... Sigh. Dialup. Natures Excuse for being late.

Anyway, what are your most seemenly random glitchs?

Edited by Taku of Miso, 29 December 2005 - 04:59 PM.

#2 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 29 December 2005 - 04:30 PM

... could you show the movie :o?

Well, I haven't really played any games with glitches in a while. But, in Spyro: Rypto's Rage, you can make like make a duck disappear, go through walls of stages... a lot. It was one of the best games ever x]. I think my little cousin borrowed it and still hasn't given it back >_>;.

#3 Hero of Fire

Hero of Fire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:48 PM

There were a lot of glitches in Conker: Live & Reloaded. It almost seems the testers were drunk or severely injured when they were trying to test this game...

In multiplayer, my friend found a glitch in which you could work around with only a broken, ripped face and nothing more. If you tried to aim with a Shotgun (I think) the aiming laser would come out of your eyes instead of the gun.

It's an Eye Beams glitch I suppose...

Edited by Hero of Fire, 29 December 2005 - 05:48 PM.

#4 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 December 2005 - 10:21 PM

Oh, you haven't seen glitchy until you've seen the unpatched version of Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, which was proclaimed by critics as "buggier than an entomologist's convention." But that deserves its own topic. icon_wink.gif

I haven't seen too many serious glitches recently, but I think one of the most interesting glitches is in the first GBA Fire Emblem. The first time you acquire a mine, and you set it up, and an enemy steps on it-- right at that second where the HP meter decreases, if you turn off the power of the game and resume the chapter... you'll have complete control of the opponents' army. Isn't that bizarre? You can even buy items and rescue and everything! icon_freak.gif

#5 jimbob

jimbob

Accepting that no-one will get my avatar.

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:29 AM

Championship Manager 5 was a glitch.

Space Station Silicon Valley on the N64 couldn't be inished, because I couldn't pick up one of the gold souvenirs - you just run through it.

#6 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:20 AM

Playing Halo 2 recently, and I was in the beginning of the game, about to play through on Heroic. I boarded the tram car you get on in the beginning, but as soon as it started to move, I fell through the floor and died. Another glitch in that game was when I was walking outside the space station, went to hop on a Coevenent boarding ship, and it turned out that it wasn't solid, so I fell to my death.

I laughed for like half-an-hour at the falling through the tram glitch, though.

#7 Zelda_Glory

Zelda_Glory

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:45 AM

I was playing InuYasha: Fedual Combat, two-on-two match with InuYasha, Kagome, Bonkotsu, and Shippo in the temple with the Dragon Demon.

I used Shippo's Spinning Top move on Bonkotsu just as he was hit by the Dragon Demon flying around.

Once the special move animation was over, this is what it looked like (excuse the lens flare):

Where'd everybody go? icon_eek.gif

In the end, couldn't move or anything, so had to do a hard reset.

Now there's a big glitch.

#8 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:01 PM

SM64:DS Must be glitchy if you can get on top of the castle with all four character, and not have all 150 stars... Or swim in the air, or under the moat...

EDIT: I just remembered; 2005 >.>

In that case, I don't know...

Edited by Rex Zemenheart, 02 January 2006 - 01:02 PM.

#9 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:43 PM

Surprisingly, I haven't noticed any random glitches in 2005 outside of random crashes (especially with Civilization 3, but I was using an older Windows). I would have thought that GTA: Vice City, Civilization 3, Neverwinter Nights, Doom 3, and GTA: San Andreas would have had them, but they didn't. Perhaps the PS2 versions of those GTA games had glitches that were fixed before they came out on PC.

#10 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 13 May 2006 - 02:33 PM

About a year ago, I was on my XBox playing Harry Potter 2, in the first Forbidden Forest level. I was just about to jump over a ledge but I fell through the wall/floor and landed in a strange endless black screen. Words at the top read, "System Programming Test(s)" and quite high up I could see a small window to the forest. I could cast spells but they hit invisible walls which were right next to me. Every time I tried to run up to the window suddenly the floor changed into a ramp and Harry slid down it back to where I started. I saved and continued to see if it fixed it but I continued on the ramp next to the window and slid down it again. I don't know how it happened but I had to start the game all over again.
EDIT: Oops, grave-digging. I guess I should read the dates on these things.

Edited by Limzo, 13 May 2006 - 02:34 PM.

#11 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 May 2006 - 02:57 PM

Okay, Limzo. Gravedigging is against the rules. The dates between the last one and your post is more than four months. The rule states that when you post in a topic that is more than two months old, it is considered gravedigging.

Please, do not do this again, and consult the rules for futher information.

Until then, topic locked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users