woohoo
its the game for ps2 called Shadow Hearts: From the New World
started playing it today

#62 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:36 AM

I'm curious linktopower. What other JRPGs do you play on 360? I'm like one of very few 360 owners who play JRPGs.

#63 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Aug 24 2011, 11:36 AM) View Post

I'm curious linktopower. What other JRPGs do you play on 360? I'm like one of very few 360 owners who play JRPGs.

Okay well i'm a big Rpg nerd
i only have 4 Rpgs on xbox360 right now
Heres a very small list
1.Final fantasy XIII- Total Hours spent On - 458:23 Hours
2.Star-ocean: The Last hope-Total Hours spent On -?? So many cant count any more Timer stoped working
3.Blue dragon- Total Hours spent On Idk Not much yet Still working on other games
4.Lost Odyssey-Total Hours spent On Last play though -508:43 Hours Current Play though 22:01 hours
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats all the Rpgs on Xbox 360 i own Right now
These are games on my to get list
Infinite Undiscovere-
The last Renment -
-------------------------
And games on Ps2
All of the .Hacks games And .hack GU
FF (X) (X-2) (XII)
All the shadow Hearts Games
Star-ocean Till the end of time
Suikoden 3
Suikoden 4
Suikoden 5
Kingdom Hearts (1) (2) And COM
And so many others cant name them all icon_lol.gif
I love Rpg's So much

#64 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:33 PM

Here's my 360 JRPG collection:

Eternal Sonata - Doing my second playthrough to get the rest of the achievements.
Tales of Vesperia - I'm very close to getting 100% in this game. I need to do a speed run and beat a certain boss underleveled.
Star Ocean: The Last Hope - I put 90 hours into this game. I stopped when I got halfway into the Wandering Dungeon. That dungeon is a pain in the ass X(.
Final Fantasy XIII - I stopped after beating Giguantar. I might come back to it eventually.
Lost Odyssey - I'm lost in the Temple of Enlightenment. It's such a long ass dungeon.

After looking at your list, I highly recommend Tales of Vesperia. I'd say it's my favorite JRPG on the 360. I'm also looking at Infinite Undiscovery, Resonance of Fate, and MagnaCarta 2. They look interesting. And looking at your PS2 RPGs, no Persona? Persona 3 and 4 are probably the best JRPGs ever created.

#65 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Aug 24 2011, 12:33 PM) View Post

Eternal Sonata - Doing my second playthrough to get the rest of the achievements.
Tales of Vesperia - I'm very close to getting 100% in this game. I need to do a speed run and beat a certain boss underleveled.
Star Ocean: The Last Hope - I put 90 hours into this game. I stopped when I got halfway into the Wandering Dungeon. That dungeon is a pain in the ass X(.
Final Fantasy XIII - I stopped after beating Giguantar. I might come back to it eventually.
Lost Odyssey - I'm lost in the Temple of Enlightenment. It's such a long ass dungeon.

After looking at your list, I highly recommend Tales of Vesperia. I'd say it's my favorite JRPG on the 360. I'm also looking at Infinite Undiscovery, Resonance of Fate, and MagnaCarta 2. They look interesting. And looking at your PS2 RPGs, no Persona? Persona 3 and 4 are probably the best JRPGs ever created.

Yeah i been meaning To look Up Tales of Vesperia but i'v yet to get around to it
And i cant seem to Get Any Persona games Cuz i cant Find when Game stop will get another shipment In
every time i go to the website they Say out of stock
OH Yeah That Temple of Enlightenment is so much fun Is it not?

#66 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:52 PM

If you have 6GB of Hard Drive space, you can download Vesperia off of Xbox LIVE for $30. Or you can get it off Amazon for as low as $21.

#67 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Aug 24 2011, 12:52 PM) View Post

If you have 6GB of Hard Drive space, you can download Vesperia off of Xbox LIVE for $30. Or you can get it off Amazon for as low as $21.

Thats not bad but i have no access to high speed internet
And on top of that My Xbox 360 Just Died icon_cry.gif RedRing of death:(
Idk why So far i 'v went though 4 Xbox360s In the past month
GameStop won't stop Giving Me bad Consoles icon_frown.gif....
Now i have to go back and get another one:(
--edit---
oh well back on topic
i'm playing Shadow Hearts: From the New World
till i get another xbox 360

Edited by linktopower, 24 August 2011 - 05:45 PM.

#68 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Aug 24 2011, 11:33 AM) View Post

Oh hey. So I just bought Tales of Vesperia and have been playing for about 10 hours. Needless to say, I enjoy it, as I have enjoyed tales of the Abyss and Tales of Symphonia in the past.

I have also played Star Ocean (Till the End of Time) and I'm wondering... Is The Last Hope good?

Also, what is your opinion on Eternal Sonata and Lost Odyssey? I was looking to purchase those, too...

#69 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE(Golden Chocobo @ Aug 25 2011, 04:03 PM) View Post

Oh hey. So I just bought Tales of Vesperia and have been playing for about 10 hours. Needless to say, I enjoy it, as I have enjoyed tales of the Abyss and Tales of Symphonia in the past.

I have also played Star Ocean (Till the End of Time) and I'm wondering... Is The Last Hope good?

Also, what is your opinion on Eternal Sonata and Lost Odyssey? I was looking to purchase those, too...

IMOP
Star Ocean Last the Hope. Is a very Good game
Eternal Sonata. Fantastic
Lost Odyssey. Best game ever Made icon_biggrin.gif

#70 Rex-Leviathan

Rex-Leviathan

Lost, Loneliness, Liberation!

• Members

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:13 PM

late but, eh.
i played sonic 2 and i hadnt played before. my cousin wanted me to, and i once watchd him play. it was rather disappointing. so was when i played it. i am not a fan of sonic. you can be, but im not.

#71 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:48 PM

Playing Zelda 2 on emulator. Been a while I'm a bit rusty. Yeah a month can make me rusty. o_O

#72 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE(blackbishop89 @ Aug 25 2011, 06:48 PM) View Post

Playing Zelda 2 on emulator. Been a while I'm a bit rusty. Yeah a month can make me rusty. o_O

How does a Month of not playing make you rusty. icon_freak.gif
-----------------------------
Okay. I can get back to playing Lost Odyssey
Picked up another Xbox360. I wonder How long will this one last?.
This is my 5th Xbox360 so far icon_freak.gif .

#73 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:40 PM

Keept up the good work LinkToPower icon_smile.gif Reducing the likely hood of me getting a dud console every time YOU do.

Edited by franpa, 04 September 2011 - 11:02 PM.

#74 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE(franpa @ Aug 25 2011, 07:40 PM) View Post

Keept up the god work LinkToPower icon_smile.gif Reducing the likely hood of me getting a dud console every time YOU do.

You know i feel better about this Xbox360.
Cuz'' this one is made in 2008 at least <_<
All the other ones has been 2006 models
and i'm glad that i'm helping someone icon_freak.gif .

#75 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE(Golden Chocobo @ Aug 25 2011, 04:03 PM) View Post

Is The Last Hope good?

The best thing about Last Hope was the combat. I prefer SO4's combat more than SO3's. The story was overall laughable primarily because of how cliched it was. If you have a PS3, then I highly recommend getting that version because it contains Japanese voice acting, which is probably the best way to play the game IMO. The English VA not all bad, but some will make your ears bleed such as the voice of Lymle, Meracle, or maybe even Sarah. Also, this game has very few save points and the maps are HUGE just like Star Ocean 3's.

Eternal Sonata had a very beautiful artstyle, the soundtrack was outstanding. and the combat was addicting, but it was extremely linear, there was little to no outside exploration and it's pretty short. I beat the game in 25 hours. If you have a PS3, then I also recommend getting that version because it has two additional characters, costumes, and additional dungeons.

Lost Odyssey is my second favorite JRPG on the 360. The story is outstanding rivaling that of deep stories in the Final Fantasy series, I love the soundtrack, and the VA is top notch. If you played Final Fantasy, then that's what you are going to expect in the combat. I had little to no complaints about this game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users