Tales of Vesperia

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:34 PM

Well, I know there's a few Vesperia fans here, so I thought I'd post this.

Tales of Vesperia has sold so well in Japan, that they've begun the production of a movie. It will be a prequel, taking place when Yuri and Flynn worked together as knights. All the characters from the game will make an appearance.

This shot made my day.
Yuri and Flynn
Why doesn't she look any younger?
Yuri
Raven...has no beard?! GASP!
Flynn
Flynn again
Estelle

Not much is known about it yet, except that it will be released Fall of this year.

Now for the PS3 release.

As many know, a young pirate girl, exclusively for the PS3 will be able to join the party. Patty Fruel, who was apparently referenced too a few times in the original release. Also, Flynn, who was not playable in the XBOX360 release, will join your party for the final dungeon. There is also a new Mystic arte for Flynn and Yuri. Neat. icon_smile.gif It has been announced that the script will also be extended slightly, and more side quests added. Also, most parts of the game that were not voiced will be voiced in the PS3 release. (However, due to it being released on the PS3, many Tales fans who bought a 360 for Vesperia are enraged, and have begun burning their products. They need some serious anger management. icon_confused.gif) This is also set for a Fall '09 release in JP, and will most likely come to the US as well.

Also, a quick bonus.
Yuri Lowel (Along with Luke (ToA) Ritcher (ToS2) and the main character in Tales of Hearts) has been confirmed for the first Tales fighting game Tales of VS, which is planned for unknown release.

Anyways, that's just some Tales nerd giving you some juicy info. icon_razz.gif Discuss.

Edited by Link R us, 13 April 2009 - 10:37 AM.

#2 Phoenix Fable

Phoenix Fable

Adept

• Members

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:05 PM

That kind of hurts to think about a movie of that. That also really irks me about the ps3 release, mainly because I don't own one and I don't plan on buying one. Why does the ps3 always get the good stuff when it comes to good games?

#3 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE(Phoenix Fable @ Apr 12 2009, 11:05 PM) View Post

That kind of hurts to think about a movie of that. That also really irks me about the ps3 release, mainly because I don't own one and I don't plan on buying one. Why does the ps3 always get the good stuff when it comes to good games?

Well, I think it was originally just supposed to be a remake for the PS3, but then they decided to add more content and such.

#4 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:13 PM

From what I heard, Vesperia is coming to PS3 in Japan Only. They're probably going to do the same thing they did with Symphonia and keep the American Versions exclusive to anything other than Playstation. I saw the Japanese cover for Vesperia. It DOES NOT have "Only on Xbox 360" on it.

Don't really care if Vesperia is coming to PS3. Namco is probably using Trial and Error on Vesperia just as they did with Eternal Sonata. At least Wii owners have Tales of Graces to enjoy with.

#5 Phoenix Fable

Phoenix Fable

Adept

• Members

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:27 PM

Oh, I'm not mad about the release, I just want more to do in that game because the final boss is hard and I need to train more. I hope whatever is added to the PS3 will be available for download on the 360.

#6 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:45 PM

It would be nice for Namco to release a "special edition" of Vesperia that will feature all of PS3's content. It' probably going to be multiple discs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users