Photo

Screenshot of the Week 303

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

Poll: ~ (50 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:57 AM

Koh:

An old fashioned tileset, but I like the mountain shadows, the sprites are nice and colorful, and you were the only entrant to include a subscreen (a rather nice one, at that).

Solidly designed, and looks quite playable. icon_smile.gif

MoscowModder:

I know that your screen probably uses one of the palettes I created, but used in this way it just looks kind of... dull. The tiles you are using seem indicate a regular overworld, and yet the palette is very dark and drab. Why are you using this particular palette here?

Also, while I'm glad that you seen to understand DoR mountain tiles, I kinda wonder whether it might be possible to do something more interesting with them on this screen.

ZeeLiam:

This screen is way too busy. I know it looks detailed, but when I look at it, I can't help but imagine how un-fun it must be to play the screen. There are places where the walk flags are so tight that the player would have to zig-zag constantly in order to wiggle through the cracks -- for instance, squeezing around those tall trees. It's no fun to see a detailed screen if it is no fun to play.

So anyway, you've got some advanced Classic techniques going here, but you're abusing some of them. Probably best to scale back and make it more playable and less busy.

In the end, Koh got my vote. icon_smile.gif

#17 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:40 PM

A bit late with my opinions, but anyway.

Koh: I like it. It's well designed, it has a nice pallet, and it is simple yet nice looking. 7/10

MM: The overall design is good, and you used the mountains correctly, but the lack of detail and overall blandness of the screen make it less intriguing. 5/10

Anyway, I noticed that most comments on my screen shot state that it is too busy and crowded, and I agree. I shouldn't have tried to do so much with the picture. Oh, by the way, I think Koh won. icon_biggrin.gif

#18 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:07 PM

Koh - 29 votes = [65.91%]
MoscowModder - 1 votes = [2.27%]
ZeeLiam - 14 votes = [31.82%]
Total Votes: 44

Koh
IPB Image
Koh actually entered Sotw!? And who's bright idea was it to live on a dangerous mountain!?

Congratulations to Koh on a great victory!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users