Debate Forum

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 28 April 2007 - 09:17 PM

Starting today, the Debate Forum has been reopened. However, this version of the Debate Forum has been redone with the intention of keeping a stable, calm environment for debating. Flaming and trolling in the Debate Forum will not be allowed under any circumstances. The following is a list of all rules for the Debate Forum.

I - Major Offenses
A. Flaming is not allowed under any circumstances. Flaming is insulting any one using derogatory words, or insulting someone's ideas. Be respectful, if you disagree with someone, say so rationally.
B. Trolling is also not allowed under any circumstances. Trolling is belittling someone in order to make them flame you. Trolling is also referred to as "flame-baiting".
C. Using the Debate Forum for insulting another forum or its community will not be allowed. This includes flaming people from another community, or bashing the reasons why a site exists.
D. Requesting a member to be banned is against the rules of the debate forum. This is considered to be flaming or trolling.

II - Minor Offenses
A. All posts must not only state your opinion, but offer reasoning for it. There will not be any one or two worded posts simply stating your opinion.
B. All posts must stick to the original topic and not get off on a tangent. Also, debate to the full extent of the topic, don't only discuss one minor issue over and over. If you wish to talk about another issue, make another topic.
C. Requesting a member to be unbanned is against the rules of the debate forum. If you wish to do this, PM an administrator or Site Staff.

All other PureZC rules still apply.

This new Debate Forum will also have certain requirements that must be met by all people who have access to it. For a list of the requirements, view this topic. These requirements are to help the staff get an opinion of whether a person is mature enough to join the Debate Forum. Remember that the staff have full discretion over who is allowed in to the forum. Even though you may meet the requirements, you may not be allowed into the Debate Forum if the staff don't think you're mature enough to handle it.

A new policy for the new Debate Forum is the fact that you must request access to the forum before actually viewing it. This can be done by simply looking at the Debate Forum oath, reading it, understanding it, and reposting it into a new topic in the Sign-up Sheet forum. By doing this, you state that you have read and agree to follow the Debate Forum rules.

Remember that the Debate Forum is a privilege. Because it is not a right for you to be able to access the Debate Forum, access can be removed from you at any time if you break the rules of the Debate Forum. After your access is removed, you may not join until the requirements are met again.

To help enforce the rules of the Debate Forum, the staff have hired two new moderators specifically for the Debate Forum: Koopa and rocksfan13. Congrats you two on getting the spots, you deserve it. icon_smile.gif

Anyway, sign-up for the Debate Forum if you wish. For those of you that do decide to join, have fun with the new Debate Forum and obey the rules.

If you notice any issues with rights to see the Debate Forum sign-up sheet or make new topics, then please PM me or another staff member.

#2 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 April 2007 - 09:21 PM

You forgot to mention the moderators of the forum. Well...rocksfan13 and Koopa...Your jobs have arrived! So while the Debate Forum is reopened, congradulate our newest addictions to the Moderator Team!

EDIT: I just noticed it was added. lol.

Koopa and rocksfan13, have a great time moderating the Debate Forum and welcome to the team, my brothers. icon_smile.gif

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 April 2007 - 09:28 PM

I have to say, it's pretty cool that this actually became a reality.

Congratulations to Daiv. If he hadn't suggested this, it wouldn't be here right now. icon_kawaii.gif

Congratulations to rocksfan13 and Koopa. You're mods now. You guys deserve those rights. icon_biggrin.gif

Well, let's see how this turns out. icon_bounce.gif

#4 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 28 April 2007 - 09:59 PM

I hope this turns out to a great success for everyone.

I did not even know their was a Debate Forum.

Oh and congrats to Koopa and rocksfan13 Have fun moderating the Debate Forum.

#5 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:12 PM

First of all, it's good to hear that the Debate Forum has been revived. icon_wink.gif
Second of all, congrats on your promotions, Koopa and rocksfan13. icon_clap.gif

#6 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 April 2007 - 02:29 AM

I never have actually heard of a Debate Forum until now..

But congratulations to rocksfan13 and Koopa. Use your powers wisely, you two.

#7 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 April 2007 - 03:21 AM

I'm happy to see a VIP debate forum, because I dislike debates. This way debates will be kept off from freely-viewable forums and PZC will be clean and good-smell. Enjoy your new "playground", mature persons.

Congrats, Koopa and Rocksfan13!
It was time for Koopa to get a forum and for Rocksfan to get another forum. icon_smile.gif

Enjoy!

#8 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 29 April 2007 - 05:25 AM

Thanks everyone - and I also send my congratulations to Rocksfan.

I think that PureZC can and will handle a debate forum, provided everyone agrees to some basic rules of conduct - which we've got the oath and sign-up procedure for. I look forward to this becoming a success.

#9 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 29 April 2007 - 06:04 AM

Hooray! Now I can properly explain about how global warming isn't our fault! whoooop!

Congrats Rocksfan13 and Koopa, I'm that sure under your careful watch the debate forum shouldn't go out of hand.

#10 elise

elise

RIP Elise, 7/20/2011 - 49 Years Young.

• Members

Posted 29 April 2007 - 07:27 AM

Being a modeartor here on a debate forum is probably the toughest job you can have .........so Koopa and Rocky congrats with the job .
I am glad to see that the two of you are choosen to do it , I know the two of you are mature enough to handle it icon_smile.gif

#11 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:05 AM

Congrats on your promotions, Koopa and rocksfan13!

#12 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 29 April 2007 - 09:12 AM

By the way, I should mention two things.
  • If you want to read the debate, but to not be "able" to participate, (Via creating or replying in threads.) simply request in big bright bold red letters to not be able to. (Or, better yet, just PM any Site/Staff member.)
  • It cannot be stressed enough how little tolerance there will be for flaming or trolling. All staff have been told to watch for the SLIGHTEST signs of even the potential for an uncomfortable situation and to deal with it with haste and the fury of the Valkyries. There are several good ways to avoid any possible situation where your posts could be conceived as being offensive in the long and short runs:
    • Use Tact whenever you say anything. Even keeping it in mind while you post will go a long way towards maintaining pleasantries on the forums. This of course goes for EVERY forum that you'll ever visit in your entire life.
    • Avoid saying the words "you" or "your" or "you're" if possible. Anything that references another person who can view your post is probably not going to sit well. Even if it's a good thing, it's best to try to make the example without using the person's name or presence as a reference, as it may attract others to interject with their own instances of whatever your example is, and chaos can ensue. Seriously, just avoid it at all costs. icon_razz.gif
    • Similarly, avoid stating an example that steps too close to what one or more of the users on the forums typically do. Maintain unique examples.

#13 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 29 April 2007 - 09:51 AM

Problem: Koopa is now unable to moderate in the ZC forums save for ZC launcher.

#14 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 29 April 2007 - 09:52 AM

But thanks to the concept of secondary Usergroups, he can! icon_biggrin.gif

#15 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 29 April 2007 - 11:11 AM

No, I can't.