SFX Bug

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

I first noticed this after I added a blank .wav file to prevent sound effects for text/refills. Several (but not all?) of my SFX now end in a "click" sound, the blank one included.

I tried making a new blank .wav that didn't have the click, and I re-imported one of the corrupted SFX. They both sound fine in ZQ now, but still have that terrible clicking in ZC. What's going on here?!

#2 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:40 AM

Glad to know I'm not the only person to have had this problem. The same thing happened to me with a specific sound effect, it would sound fine in any sound editing program and in ZQ, but in ZC there'd be a click sound at the end. I ended up "solving" this by making the sound louder at the end so that the clicking would be masked.

So, the short answer is I don't know what causes this or how to solve it, but it's not just you.

#3 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:52 AM

Use Audacity. Is free to download as far as I know. Drag n drop your sound into the sound editor. Then go Effects->Click Filter or something like this. Then export the fixed sound and import it into your quest.

#4 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

@Avataro: The "corrupted" SFX don't have that clicking noise in Audacity or in ZQuest - only in ZC.

@Jamian: I guess I can try that, but I'd much rather figure out what's wrong with ZC.

#5 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

@Avataro: The "corrupted" SFX don't have that clicking noise in Audacity or in ZQuest - only in ZC.

@Jamian: I guess I can try that, but I'd much rather figure out what's wrong with ZC.

Even the you can only hear the click in ZC you should try the click filter of Audacity. Believe me, I experienced the same problem before! :thumbsup:

Must have something to do with the way wav files work or something.

Edit:

Also, sorry, when I said click filter, I meant click removal. In the german version of Audacity different words were used..

Edited by Avataro, 04 September 2013 - 11:34 AM.

#6 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

Well hey, it worked! Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SFX, Bug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users