Near-Death Experiences

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Frocks7Snee

Frocks7Snee

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:18 AM

Today I almost choked on a piece of chocolate, so I had an idea for this thread. So yeah, share any near-death experiences you've had. (If you want to, that is.)

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:22 AM

Earlier this year in Portugal, me and family were driving back from my uncle's house. We were pretty high up on a mountain, since the north of Portugal is all mountains, and just as we were about to approach the motorway, someone in a car was heading right at us. He looked as if he was half asleep or drugged and he was about to crash into us, knocking us off the mountain into the trees below. Thankfully, my dad blew the car horn and the guy woke up quickly turning into the correct side of the road.

If the car horn didn't go off, I probably wouldn't be here today, it was that bad >_>

#3 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:53 AM

I had one driving home from a gaming group I'm a part of. I had my friend staying overnight and we were going back to my house when a drunk driver made a left turn against the right of way and I was forced to swerve into the left lane to dodge him and almost got in an accident, just narrowly dodging a head-on collision. My heart was racing so fast I kept talking in an extremely periled state. My friend kept begging me to pull over to collect myself, but I refused until he demanded we stop at Sheetz. He got me a slice of pizza and once I got home, I went to bed immediately because I was so traumatized from the incident.

#4 Frocks7Snee

Frocks7Snee

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:57 AM

One time when I was 3, I climbed up ontop of the big dresser where the tv was, and sat ontop of the tv. I fell off onto the ground, and the tv almost fell too, which would have crushed me to death. (Or at least severely injure me.)

#5 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:17 PM

Someone fed me Raisin Bran when I was very young and I almost choked to death.

#6 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:21 PM

I've fallen down like, 5 long staircases, have had swine flu twice, and experienced a natural disaster. lol

• Jared likes this

#7 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:37 PM

A fucking imbecil was playing soccer near my classroom in Middle School (Classrooms are their own separate buildings around my town. :P ) So, I always used to sit near a window, when all of a sudden this guy hit the ball so hard it broke the window closest to me, and obviously, a small amount of glass managed to slightly cut my head and nearly my eye, it was about a cm close to hitting me on an eye.

Even though it was an accident, the professors didn't do anything to this guy. He didn't even apologize  :shrug:

#8 runaru

runaru

:3

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him, They / Them

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:04 PM

I have almost drowned. Twice. Thats why I dont like water that much :/
And something a bit darker..I was very depressed once and I wanted to kill myself. I almost did but didn't. I'm now very glad I didnt kill myself, as my life is going better now :)
  • Eddy and Jared like this

#9 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:25 PM

I had pyloric stenosis when I was 2 weeks old and needed emergency surgery.  The doctors didn't think anything was wrong with me and I just had gas.  Good thing my mom didn't give a shit what they thought.

#10 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:39 PM

I nearly drowned in Lake Erie as a child. As a result, large bodies of water make me uncomfortable, especially when driving within close proximity of one. 

#11 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:06 PM

A few years ago, I was eating stake and didn't chew up the bite I had in my mouth up well enough and swallowed it, and it got stuck in my thorough (throught? how do I spell it XD?)  and I started choking.

I survived though.

Yay.

#12 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:12 PM

Too many. I'm being stalked by Wile E. Coyote.

#13 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:38 AM

Details are a blur, but I was told when I was around 2 (or maybe 1, dunno), I had put something in my mouth that caused my to throw up a lot of blood. I was taken to the hospital and got several needles, and looked very sick and pale. Around early 2011, I was at school camp which took place on a beach for the week. We climbed up some cliffs, and some douche bag almost pushed me off a very steep and high cliff. He got punished at least, by one of the teachers who witnessed this. Sometime the year after (mid 2012), I had a pretty horrible (but thankfully far from fatal) heatstroke in the middle of a usually busy road, due to it being somewhere around 57 C (134.6 F) and silly me having a jumper because I had nothing else to wear. But fortunately for me, the streets were a lot less busy than usual due to some events that occurred on the day, so I had time to quickly come to my senses and move off the road. I don't know what would of happened if the road was as busy as it usually is/was.

I had other near-death experiences... but these are more private, and too recent for me to be open about. I hope you can understand.

Edited by Shane, 03 November 2014 - 07:43 AM.

• Jared likes this

#14 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:27 AM

Before I was even born, I had one. I couldn't fit through the birth canal. Plan A, which succeeded, was to use a large pair of tongs to pull me out. I still have the scar by my right eye (more of an indentation, really) where the tongs grabbed on. My mom says she could see him with his foot pushing against the table, pulling as hard as he could. Plan B was a risky emergency C-section, so let's be glad it didn't come to that. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. If I ever had one after that, it apparently didn't make too huge of an impression on me.

#15 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:46 PM

One time I was crossing balconys on the top of a three story building and almost fell off the balcony. For some reason I crossed balconys with my front facing the edge of the balcony. I got real lucky! :wow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users