A baby was left in the car just next door to us! O_O

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Solarrain4

Solarrain4

The Blurred Line In-Between

• Members

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:49 PM

So on Thursday, in Teen Relations (we just go over different issues of teenagers' lives), we were discussing teen pregnancy, and how some parents leave their kids in the car and then face serious charges. Well, coincidentally, I came home that day to find a baby girl in the car next door to us, with no parent inside the car. I said nothing to Mom at first, I was going to mention it later if the car was still there or if the girl was still in the car after a while (I checked on the girl, she was bundled up for the cold weather, and she was awake and alert). My brother, however, mentioned it right away (which I know I should have done). He knocked on the door next door to us and got no answer. My mom ended up calling the Merrimack Police Department. Sure enough, the girl's mother left with the car later on, before the cops got there, but the cops were able to find her and now they are pressing charges against her. They've gotten statements from my mom and brother. I don't have any further updates on what's going on.

Weird how we had just went over that in class, and then I come home to it. wtf... O_o

#2 Nate

Nate

Magus

• Members

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:55 PM

THat's just wrong. What bothers the hell out of me is the parents that leave their children in a blazing hot car...and the kid dies >:O

#3 Solarrain4

Solarrain4

• Members

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:59 PM

Well, it was freezing cold Thursday, not blazing hot. Luckily it wasn't July. O_o

Edited by Solarrain4, 05 January 2008 - 08:59 PM.

#4 Nate

Nate

Magus

• Members

Posted 05 January 2008 - 09:00 PM

Yeah, I realize that.

But I was just saying...

They're both wrong ya know?

#5 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 05 January 2008 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE(Nate @ Jan 5 2008, 06:55 PM) View Post

THat's just wrong. What bothers the hell out of me is the parents that leave their children in a blazing hot car...and the kid dies >:O

My Mom found one of her friend's kids in the car, she's got 4 of 'em... she had trouble keeping track of them all. When my Mom saw him(it was July and in ARIZONA) she thought he was dead, he was just staring glazy-eyed. So my Mom shouted his name, and he sorta jolted... he was very hot, a couple more minutes and he might've suffocated.

#6 Takuya

Takuya

spirit of fire

• Members

Posted 05 January 2008 - 09:15 PM

That's terrible. I recently had to call the police as someone left a dog in a car in the parking garage near my friend's house... Things like that, are so... they make me angry.

#7 Nate

Nate

Magus

• Members

My Mom found one of her friend's kids in the car, she's got 4 of 'em... she had trouble keeping track of them all. When my Mom saw him(it was July and in ARIZONA) she thought he was dead, he was just staring glazy-eyed. So my Mom shouted his name, and he sorta jolted... he was very hot, a couple more minutes and he might've suffocated.

Jesus Christ, Buddah, Allah, Science...

That's just wrong. So irresponsible, I could never just leave my kid in the car.

Okay, so it'd be annoying, but what's worse, having to carry the kid with you in the store, or having your kid possibly die?

Edited by Nate, 05 January 2008 - 09:16 PM.

#8 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

When you have a child, it is your responsibility... do not feel ashamed to bring your baby into public... in fact, you should have pride. You have created life, and you should be proud of that. Leaving it behind is only a beginning of betrayal and sadness.

#9 TetriTek

TetriTek

Wizard

• Members

Posted 05 January 2008 - 09:38 PM

we were getting ready to go somewhere, and my little sister locked herself in the car for like an hour. but it wasnt intentional. and that bugs the crap out of me too, or when the beat them for crying, or just cuz they can. icon_aggravated.gif
or like that lady who kept her kids in the basement, and fed them like once a week, and if they made a noise, she beat them. i want them all to die a slow and painfull death.

i feel bad for the kids... icon_cry.gif

#10 Solarrain4

Solarrain4

• Members

Posted 05 January 2008 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE(LostInHyru1e @ Jan 5 2008, 09:12 PM) View Post

Arizona?!? Who the hell would leave a kid in the car in Arizona?

#11 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE(Solarrain4 @ Jan 5 2008, 07:46 PM) View Post

Arizona?!? Who the hell would leave a kid in the car in Arizona?

The thing is, it wasn't intentional. She has 4 kids, and she ushered them out but forgot one of them.

#12 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 05 January 2008 - 11:07 PM

Even if she has 4 kids, that's no excuse. I have 3 siblings and none of us have never been left in the car. My dad has 4 siblings, and he's never told me of anything like that that happened to them.

Anyway, the whole subject just really pisses me off. How on Earth could you just "forget" one of your own children in the car? I just give up.

#13 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 January 2008 - 11:16 PM

If it was only for a minute or two, I can see why a baby would be left in there: Forgot to get something like a purse, locking up the house, making sure the car is in good condition like flat tires, etc. etc.

But something like how you described it...man, no way. Just...no. That's beyond messed up. A babies immune system is still developing, and pneumonia can still be caught even when overloaded with clothing if the face was exposed.

#14 Solarrain4

Solarrain4

• Members

Posted 05 January 2008 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE(Beta Link @ Jan 5 2008, 11:07 PM) View Post

Even if she has 4 kids, that's no excuse. I have 3 siblings and none of us have never been left in the car. My dad has 4 siblings, and he's never told me of anything like that that happened to them.

Anyway, the whole subject just really pisses me off. How on Earth could you just "forget" one of your own children in the car? I just give up.

So do I. Never have any of us been forgotten in the car.

#15 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 05 January 2008 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE(Beta Link @ Jan 5 2008, 09:07 PM) View Post

I agree. I have 3 younger siblings, and my Mom would never forget any of us. It's just irresponsibility.

EDIT: It was also this child's idiocy - he was nearly 5 years old.

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 05 January 2008 - 11:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users